+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
mmoin said:
Hi Guys. I am new to the forum and have so many questions about the immigration process. I am a Pakistani Citizen, living in the UAE since the past 22 years. I m getting married in December. My fiance just got his PR and he has already landed a job so that's one good thing! But he will only be moving to canada in January which is when he will apply for my PR.

I am worried if my VO will be Islamabad or Abu Dhabi as Islamabad seems to have crazy processing times. Also how long does the whole process usually take? Thanks for any comments and replies in advance!
Its all depend on CIC where they forward your case Islamabad all cases are going through London Visa Office, Paki Citizen mostly cases going to LVO just pray for best as i am also Paki Citizen living in UAE and waiting for Sponsorship approval, Lets see which visa office they will fwd my case.

ohammam2

Feb 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
6-Sep-2015
File Transfer...
22-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
16-Aug-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2015
Sarim said:
ohammam2 you are belongs from which country "NATIONALITY"? As i saw your timeline your file transferred to ADVO.
I am a Syrian, but I was born in Dubai and spent most of my life there, My wife as well.

We stated in the application (IMM00008) that we want them to assign us to ADVO.

ohammam2

Feb 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
6-Sep-2015
File Transfer...
22-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
16-Aug-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2015
chilkootcee said:
I hope so too....although I expect it will make things take longer. My husband wasn't able to get a police clearance certificate (we wrote a letter explaining that we had tried twice) so I imagine this will cause delays.

C.
I applied for this stupid documents from the embassy, they told us it will take from a month till (unlimited amount of time) to get ready.

I wrote the explanation in the application.

But I was able to get Police clearance from Dubai Police and Malaysia, where I lived for a while.

ohammam2

Feb 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
6-Sep-2015
File Transfer...
22-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
16-Aug-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2015
haldashti said:
ohammam2, although, I believe this stage of the waiting takes a long time and it is most likely when they do the background checks, nothing be alarmed about, there are many of us now from this forum in this stage, my understanding is, this is the stage(background checks) that takes the longest. Notes might shed some light. These notes will have no bearing on your case, and cost $5. I am ordering mine next month! Good luck and keep us posted.
I'm ordering my notes this month. I'll keep you posted

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
ohammam2 said:
I am a Syrian, but I was born in Dubai and spent most of my life there, My wife as well.

We stated in the application (IMM00008) that we want them to assign us to ADVO.
Oh ic.. we sent updated version of IMM0008 where no any option to assign visa office :(

Q8wanderlust

Feb 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi under live in caregiver program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2013
Doc's Request.
May2014
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 30, 2015
LANDED..........
By September 2015 goal
bladeguard said:
Hello everyone...newbie here.. I just want to ask you guys if somebody from this forum has the same case as mine about spousal sponsored applicant where VO is Abu Dhabi?

My wife is in Canada since 2010 under Live In Caregiver program and applied for a PR on May 2013, before her case was finalized we got married on December 2013. She updated her status in the embassy when she returned back to Canada and declared me as her dependent. As indicated on ECAS, my wife's application started to process on March 2014 and April 2014 when I received the email Abu Dhabi VO requesting me to submit the documents for my PR application too since I have been identified as my wife's dependent- as stated on the email.

After 6 months of waiting since I forwarded all the documents they required for my application, the embassy requested me to undergo medical examination last February 2015- ME results have been received the same month... After 4 months the immigration has asked me to submit the Saudi Police Clearance together with a copy of my new valid passport (Biographical Page), which I also submitted 2nd week of July 2015.

I have no idea what comes next coz i just rely everything on the so called "waiting game".. Does anybody here know or even an idea about the process? What would be the most probable "next step" or documentation requirements are they gonna asked me to provide? Thanks in advance.. ;-)

Somebody told me that whenever I satisfied all the documents being required by the embassy from me, my wife's case will also be finalized since the progress of her application also depends on how I go along with the processing of my application especially in submitting my documents..And if approved, we will simultaneously get the PR visa approval.. Is this correct? Thank you.
hi blade guard!!!!we are in the same boat here.... Is ur wife got her PR already? My husband got his last June 23,2015 and me as his dependent still waiting for the email fromADVO for that passport request... Inshallah this year I can go to Canada... Ur wife should've PR first b4 you... Just wait.... We can't do nothing about it...

bladeguard

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Q8wanderlust said:
hi blade guard!!!!we are in the same boat here.... Is ur wife got her PR already? My husband got his last June 23,2015 and me as his dependent still waiting for the email fromADVO for that passport request... Inshallah this year I can go to Canada... Ur wife should've PR first b4 you... Just wait.... We can't do nothing about it...
Hello Q8wanderlust... thank you for sharing your thoughts and timelines.. My wife doesn't have her PR yet at this point.. I just sent my Saudi Police Clearance Certificate along with a copy of my new valid valid passport and ADVO just receieved it last July 12, 2015, which I and my wife believe that those would be the last requirement they'll be needing from my side inorder to make decision on my Wife's PR application and so with me.

Where in Middles East were you Q8? from which country were you from? How many months did your husband got his PR after sending your Police clearance?

Im sure one of these days, you will receive the PPR email from ABDVO because I have a friend who has the same case like ours, his wife got PR Feb.2015 and He received PPR 2nd week of March 2015. And you are going to Canada before this year ends, that's for sure.. Again, Thank you...Godbless!!

Lamis

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-3-2015
File Transfer...
16-3-2015
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
haldashti said:
Would be interesting if we had access to the information or knew, how many applications do they really complete within a week, a month.. Have you ordered your notes recently?
I saw many of u guys writing about those notes thing but i dont understand what are they? And where can i order them from? And what do they give us information about??

ThAnk you :)

romelo

Dec 12, 2014
Hi q8 & blade guard.. we are on same boat.. here's my timeline..
My wife still no PR under live in caregiver
aplication in process: April 2013
Lc2 medical: 2013
Docs submitted: July 2014
Abudhabi ask for addtnal docs: Nov 2014
Summited aditional docs Dec 2014
Remedical: waiting

Still no news up to now..

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
An acquaintance of mine who used to work for CIC said that you can always request which visa office the applicant's file goes to - whether or not it's granted is another story. We put a letter of request in both my section of the application as well as my husband's (so they see it)....we should be hearing in the next couple of weeks for SA (I see they've increased the processing time to 57 days now)....if ECAS is updated, people are saying that ECAS will also indicate where the file was transferred to. We're praying for Abu Dhabi as well (but that having been said, there have been some pretty fast processing times posted for files transferred to Amman).

C.

bladeguard

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
romelo said:
Hi q8 & blade guard.. we are on same boat.. here's my timeline..
My wife still no PR under live in caregiver
aplication in process: April 2013
Lc2 medical: 2013
Docs submitted: July 2014
Abudhabi ask for addtnal docs: Nov 2014
Summited aditional docs Dec 2014
Remedical: waiting

Still no news up to now..
Hi Romelo.. Thanks for sharing your timelines.. Im
just wondering why it seems the interval of your timeline from application process up to the initial submission of documents took more than 1 year..did you also got married while the PR application of your wife is on process? and what does Lc2 medical mean? And you are waiting for the ADVO remedical request until now?? it seems ADVO really dont mind about couples being away from each other, the process is really freakin' slow.

here's my wife and I timelines

Category: Family- PR under Live In Caregiver
PR initial application received (as single) : May 2013
Marital Status Updated to Married @ Immigration: February 2014
PR application Started Processing : March 2014
ADVO Sent email for my PR app docs as dependent : April 2014
Documents submitted to ADVO : July 2014
ADVO requested for Medical Examination : February 2015
Ecas update Medical Results have been Received : February 2015
ADVO Requested Saudi Police Clearance & PP copy : June 2015
Police Clearance + PP copy submitted & Received by ADVO : July 12, 2015

Waiting..... for next step/immigration advise.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Lamis said:
I saw many of u guys writing about those notes thing but i dont understand what are they? And where can i order them from? And what do they give us information about??

ThAnk you :)
Hello Lamis, yes the famous "notes"!!! GCMS Notes, or simply referred to as notes (Global Case Management System). Highlights steps in your application & notes made by immigration officers. You can see a sample here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwUU_hcS1a77NkRPZ2o4d1YzekE/view?pli=1 also provides an explanation to some of the codes/notes.
This is where you ordered them: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
Good luck.

Lamis

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-3-2015
File Transfer...
16-3-2015
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
haldashti said:
Hello Lamis, yes the famous "notes"!!! GCMS Notes, or simply referred to as notes (Global Case Management System). Highlights steps in your application & notes made by immigration officers. You can see a sample here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwUU_hcS1a77NkRPZ2o4d1YzekE/view?pli=1 also provides an explanation to some of the codes/notes.
This is where you ordered them: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
Good luck.
Wow thank you haldashti :) i'll wait one more month and if nothing happens until then, then i'll order those notes. Thanks alot God bless and good luck to you too!

Q8wanderlust

Feb 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi under live in caregiver program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2013
Doc's Request.
May2014
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 30, 2015
LANDED..........
By September 2015 goal
bladeguard said:
Hello Q8wanderlust... thank you for sharing your thoughts and timelines.. My wife doesn't have her PR yet at this point.. I just sent my Saudi Police Clearance Certificate along with a copy of my new valid valid passport and ADVO just receieved it last July 12, 2015, which I and my wife believe that those would be the last requirement they'll be needing from my side inorder to make decision on my Wife's PR application and so with me.

Where in Middles East were you Q8? from which country were you from? How many months did your husband got his PR after sending your Police clearance?

Im sure one of these days, you will receive the PPR email from ABDVO because I have a friend who has the same case like ours, his wife got PR Feb.2015 and He received PPR 2nd week of March 2015. And you are going to Canada before this year ends, that's for sure.. Again, Thank you...Godbless!!
hi bladeguard! My husband applied for pR on 2011 and papers was opened on 2013... I'm working in q8 & from PHIL. Inshallah this year hoping for better this August they will send me PPR... Maybe it will take time because last dec 2014 I went to PHIL for annual leave & I went to Nepal also and this year again May I went for my annual leave maybe they are still not finished with the security bacckground