+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
azeemfrazkhan said:
thank you sarim for your reply, well i realized it after reading others member discussions :) . we should pray for each other that may ALLAH help us to pass from this milestone without any unnecessary delay. INSHALLAH.
InshaAllah hope for the best, I am also waiting for SA, this is big thing of first stage :( trust all goes well..

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
chilkootcee said:
So....my husband applied for another visit visa via the ADVO and was rejected AGAIN. Being from Syria and living in the UAE, the VO was not convinced he would leave Canada at the end of our visit even though (they stated family ties to Canada, inability to gain permanent residency or citizenship in the UAE and the war in Syria

1) he has been living here for 8 years, and has good full time work (we included an employment letter) and that it was preferable for us for him to stay in the UAE while his PRV was being processed
2) we had applied for PRV (included my AOR letter) and I wrote in the invitation letter explaining that I was staying with him in Dubai while we waited for our PRV, and that I had return flights booked (me only - it was too expensive to book a flight for him full fare just so it could be cancelled) back to Dubai
3) I explained that I had found out recently that my dad has an aneurysm and that it would be nice for my husband to be able to see him in person should anything happen in the future
4) he has a stable travel history...coming and going to / from Dubai for the past number of years from various countries

Honestly...I think these people have no heart.... so disappointed and discouraged...and preparing to go back to Canada one more time without my husband....I don't know why they can't believe it when I tell them that we just want to visit????

So disappointed right now.

C.
chilkootcee, sorry about your father. We have gone through the same thing, my wife applied 3 times, with no luck, I live in Canada and she's oversees, and haven't been together for 10 months now, all mentioned in the personal letter addressed to the visa officer amongst many other things, to no avail. It all comes down to the officer's discretion. There was a member who's wife went to the embassy personally and pleaded with them and was granted a Tourist Visa, but that I believe is an exception. Hang in there.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Lamis said:

We haven't heard anything .. Last thing it says was medical results recieved and this was like 3 months ago
Would be interesting if we had access to the information or knew, how many applications do they really complete within a week, a month.. Have you ordered your notes recently?

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
ohammam2 said:
Last update was in Feb , when I received the SA, and it says that Medicals were received
Have you seen your notes as of late? I'm debating when I should order my notes again..

ohammam2

Feb 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
6-Sep-2015
File Transfer...
22-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
16-Aug-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2015
haldashti said:
Have you seen your notes as of late? I'm debating when I should order my notes again..
I haven't ordered the notes, since they do nothing to motivate the progress. Should I
?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
You are so kind haldashti....I should be grateful that I can stay with my husband (although I'm starting to worry about being unemployed here....perhaps they will reject my SA because I am not working). I better start concentrating on looking for work in the UAE. I have to admit, I'm thinking of heading back to Canada to find work and get established before my husband comes...it will be hard enough for both of us to be unemployed and looking for work at the same time (although not impossible). Insha'allah things will work out....and I am much better off than many people in this world....so now I'm feeling more grateful.

C.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
chilkootcee said:
You are so kind haldashti....I should be grateful that I can stay with my husband (although I'm starting to worry about being unemployed here....perhaps they will reject my SA because I am not working). I better start concentrating on looking for work in the UAE. I have to admit, I'm thinking of heading back to Canada to find work and get established before my husband comes...it will be hard enough for both of us to be unemployed and looking for work at the same time (although not impossible). Insha'allah things will work out....and I am much better off than many people in this world....so now I'm feeling more grateful.

C.
Chilkootcee your story is same as my story me and my wife living together in UAE, both don't want to live far away due to this we have decided to live together while process once visa office will ask to show proof intent to returning Canada of sponsor i will ask my wife to go back Canada for few month and it will be more solid proof i guess and once i got PR visa i will moved there immediately. Now the problem is my wife is sponsor she is living with me i don't know whether they will approved her as sponsor or not still waiting for SA :(

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
ohammam2 said:
I am a Syrian, I wish this fact does not affect their judgment in the PR issue.
I hope so too....although I expect it will make things take longer. My husband wasn't able to get a police clearance certificate (we wrote a letter explaining that we had tried twice) so I imagine this will cause delays.

C.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Sarim said:
Chilkootcee your story is same as my story me and my wife living together in UAE, both don't want to live far away due to this we have decided to live together while process once visa office will ask to show proof intent to returning Canada of sponsor i will ask my wife to go back Canada for few month and it will be more solid proof i guess and once i got PR visa i will moved there immediately. Now the problem is my wife is sponsor she is living with me i don't know whether they will approved her as sponsor or not still waiting for SA :(
As long as she is a Canadian citizen, it shouldn't matter whether she is in Canada or not...although I suspect her being with you adds to showing them the relationship is genuine...I'm not sure of a lot of cases where people didn't get SA...it just takes time :)

That's good a good idea for showing proof of intent to go back...

I'm going to be back in Canada next week....hope to get good news on all of our SA's when I'm there.... :)

C.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
chilkootcee said:
As long as she is a Canadian citizen, it shouldn't matter whether she is in Canada or not...although I suspect her being with you adds to showing them the relationship is genuine...I'm not sure of a lot of cases where people didn't get SA...it just takes time :)

That's good a good idea for showing proof of intent to go back...

I'm going to be back in Canada next week....hope to get good news on all of our SA's when I'm there.... :)

C.
Yes we can hope for best, this process is like our boat stuck middle of the sea, wishing you good luck and very sorry to heard about your father.

ohammam2

Feb 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
6-Sep-2015
File Transfer...
22-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
16-Aug-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2015
chilkootcee said:

C.
My case is similar, my wife is my sponsor, and she is living in UAE and she does not have a job in Canada.

Nevertheless, we got SA.... Alhamdullilah.

in The cases where no children are involved, they can be less strict about the financial issues.

bladeguard

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone...newbie here.. I just want to ask you guys if somebody from this forum has the same case as mine about spousal sponsored applicant where VO is Abu Dhabi?

My wife is in Canada since 2010 under Live In Caregiver program and applied for a PR on May 2013, before her case was finalized we got married on December 2013. She updated her status in the embassy when she returned back to Canada and declared me as her dependent. As indicated on ECAS, my wife's application started to process on March 2014 and April 2014 when I received the email Abu Dhabi VO requesting me to submit the documents for my PR application too since I have been identified as my wife's dependent- as stated on the email.

After 6 months of waiting since I forwarded all the documents they required for my application, the embassy requested me to undergo medical examination last February 2015- ME results have been received the same month... After 4 months the immigration has asked me to submit the Saudi Police Clearance together with a copy of my new valid passport (Biographical Page), which I also submitted 2nd week of July 2015.

I have no idea what comes next coz i just rely everything on the so called "waiting game".. Does anybody here know or even an idea about the process? What would be the most probable "next step" or documentation requirements are they gonna asked me to provide? Thanks in advance.. ;-)

Somebody told me that whenever I satisfied all the documents being required by the embassy from me, my wife's case will also be finalized since the progress of her application also depends on how I go along with the processing of my application especially in submitting my documents..And if approved, we will simultaneously get the PR visa approval.. Is this correct? Thank you.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
ohammam2 said:
I haven't ordered the notes, since they do nothing to motivate the progress. Should I
?
ohammam2, although, I believe this stage of the waiting takes a long time and it is most likely when they do the background checks, nothing be alarmed about, there are many of us now from this forum in this stage, my understanding is, this is the stage(background checks) that takes the longest. Notes might shed some light. These notes will have no bearing on your case, and cost $5. I am ordering mine next month! Good luck and keep us posted.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
ohammam2 said:
My case is similar, my wife is my sponsor, and she is living in UAE and she does not have a job in Canada.

Nevertheless, we got SA.... Alhamdullilah.

in The cases where no children are involved, they can be less strict about the financial issues.
ohammam2 you are belongs from which country "NATIONALITY"? As i saw your timeline your file transferred to ADVO.

mmoin

Jul 22, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
12-Oct-2016
AOR Received.
24-Oct-2016
File Transfer...
26-Oct-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-Jun-2016
Passport Req..
07-Nov-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-Nov-2017
Hi Guys. I am new to the forum and have so many questions about the immigration process. I am a Pakistani Citizen, living in the UAE since the past 22 years. I m getting married in December. My fiance just got his PR and he has already landed a job so that's one good thing! But he will only be moving to canada in January which is when he will apply for my PR.

I am worried if my VO will be Islamabad or Abu Dhabi as Islamabad seems to have crazy processing times. Also how long does the whole process usually take? Thanks for any comments and replies in advance!