+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

GELO_ON

Apr 9, 2015
Just wondering why the ADVO take so long to process the papers compare to Philippines as the Philippines only takes 5 to 6 months. The CIC Mississauga sent our application in ADVO because my husband is in Dubai. I sent them an inquiry last month and they replied couple of days ago that my husband application in queue, don't know so much time to wait till my husband get his visa, as we really need him to be with us with my new born baby. *sigh!*

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
GELO_ON said:
Just wondering why the ADVO take so long to process the papers compare to Philippines as the Philippines only takes 5 to 6 months. The CIC Mississauga sent our application in ADVO because my husband is in Dubai. I sent them an inquiry last month and they replied couple of days ago that my husband application in queue, don't know so much time to wait till my husband get his visa, as we really need him to be with us with my new born baby. *sigh!*
ADVO processing time is 13 months but if all goes well they most probably completed the cases within 8 to 9 months depend how you present your case. wish you good luck..

mabbasi

May 31, 2007
mabbasi said:
Yes, My wife submitted her passport on 10th of June 2015. Visa was stamped on 9th of July. She received her passport on 13th of July by Aramex in Abu Dhabi. For Pakistani citizens it takes 30 days at least. Allhamdollilah.
OK My wife will be traveling from Abu Dhabi to Toronto by etihad and Toronto to Montreal by Air Canada. I booked one complete ticket from etihad web site. So she will land at Terminal 1 and after immigration and customs she will take Montreal flight from the same terminal number 1. there is 3 hours difference between two flights. Any idea long it will take for her to complete immigration and customs formalities? she is landing first time as PR..
I am afraid she won't miss her next flight for Montreal. What is your advise.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Eid Mubarak to all. May God fullfill our wishes and unite us with our loved ones soon.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
mabbasi said:
OK My wife will be traveling from Abu Dhabi to Toronto by etihad and Toronto to Montreal by Air Canada. I booked one complete ticket from etihad web site. So she will land at Terminal 1 and after immigration and customs she will take Montreal flight from the same terminal number 1. there is 3 hours difference between two flights. Any idea long it will take for her to complete immigration and customs formalities? she is landing first time as PR..
I am afraid she won't miss her next flight for Montreal. What is your advise.
Hello Mabbasi - 3 hours might be a bit too short of a time frame between two flights. The reason are as below -

1) If her Etihad flight lands on a busy day along with other flights in Toronto Pearson. the line for immigration clearance (For Visitors ) Is quite long and gets packed quick.
2) It takes a bit of a time to go through the Immigration Office ( Where you get your papers as a landed immigrants) - We had to spend about 45 min here, including the line up
3) Is the Customs - where depending on how many good you are bringing later on in Cargo, The officer has to clear your good for CBSA and then get your papers in check, ( Not to mention if you have any items to declare, they will go through your stuff )

4) Believe Air Canada. takes off from Terminal 1, so she would have to, wait for your luggage from Eithad and then carry her Luggage towards the Check in couter for the flight to Montreal, which you have to board at least an hour before.

In our case, the whole process took about 2 and half hours, I was able to by pass the line by taking "special assistance line" as my wife is pregnant, but the Custom officer took long as his printer wasn't working.

All the best.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Hello all, In addition to Mabbasi, has anyone who got their SA this year heard a thing from ADVO?

azeemfrazkhan

Jul 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th July 2015
AOR Received.
14th Aug 2015
File Transfer...
15TH SEP 2015
Med's Done....
UP-FRONT
HI EVERYONE.

I am living in KSA (Pakistani Citizen). My wife submitted my immigration papers on 13th july 2015, but we didn't get any acknowledgement from CPC Mississauga other the delivery report from Canada post that our document has been delivered on 16th july 2015. What will be the next step and How long will it take to get confirmation from CPC Mississauga that my document has been received and under process. I even don't know either it would LVO or ADVO.

Please guide anyone.

Lamis

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-3-2015
File Transfer...
16-3-2015
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
haldashti said:
Hello all, In addition to Mabbasi, has anyone who got their SA this year heard a thing from ADVO?

We haven't heard anything .. Last thing it says was medical results recieved and this was like 3 months ago

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
azeemfrazkhan said:
HI EVERYONE.

I am living in KSA (Pakistani Citizen). My wife submitted my immigration papers on 13th july 2015, but we didn't get any acknowledgement from CPC Mississauga other the delivery report from Canada post that our document has been delivered on 16th july 2015. What will be the next step and How long will it take to get confirmation from CPC Mississauga that my document has been received and under process. I even don't know either it would LVO or ADVO.

Please guide anyone.
You looks in hurry ;D you wife will receive AOR a official confirmation from CPC after a month, after that your wife will receive sponsorship approval in 25 0r 30 days, along with SA they will transfer your wife to ADVO or LVO for further processing..

ohammam2

Feb 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
6-Sep-2015
File Transfer...
22-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
16-Aug-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2015
haldashti said:
Last update was in Feb , when I received the SA, and it says that Medicals were received

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
So....my husband applied for another visit visa via the ADVO and was rejected AGAIN. Being from Syria and living in the UAE, the VO was not convinced he would leave Canada at the end of our visit even though (they stated family ties to Canada, inability to gain permanent residency or citizenship in the UAE and the war in Syria

1) he has been living here for 8 years, and has good full time work (we included an employment letter) and that it was preferable for us for him to stay in the UAE while his PRV was being processed
2) we had applied for PRV (included my AOR letter) and I wrote in the invitation letter explaining that I was staying with him in Dubai while we waited for our PRV, and that I had return flights booked (me only - it was too expensive to book a flight for him full fare just so it could be cancelled) back to Dubai
3) I explained that I had found out recently that my dad has an aneurysm and that it would be nice for my husband to be able to see him in person should anything happen in the future
4) he has a stable travel history...coming and going to / from Dubai for the past number of years from various countries

Honestly...I think these people have no heart.... so disappointed and discouraged...and preparing to go back to Canada one more time without my husband....I don't know why they can't believe it when I tell them that we just want to visit????

So disappointed right now.

C.

ohammam2

Feb 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
6-Sep-2015
File Transfer...
22-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
16-Aug-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2015
chilkootcee said:
So....my husband applied for another visit visa via the ADVO and was rejected AGAIN. Being from Syria and living in the UAE, the VO was not convinced he would leave Canada at the end of our visit even though (they stated family ties to Canada, inability to gain permanent residency or citizenship in the UAE and the war in Syria

1) he has been living here for 8 years, and has good full time work (we included an employment letter) and that it was preferable for us for him to stay in the UAE while his PRV was being processed
2) we had applied for PRV (included my AOR letter) and I wrote in the invitation letter explaining that I was staying with him in Dubai while we waited for our PRV, and that I had return flights booked (me only - it was too expensive to book a flight for him full fare just so it could be cancelled) back to Dubai
3) I explained that I had found out recently that my dad has an aneurysm and that it would be nice for my husband to be able to see him in person should anything happen in the future
4) he has a stable travel history...coming and going to / from Dubai for the past number of years from various countries

Honestly...I think these people have no heart.... so disappointed and discouraged...and preparing to go back to Canada one more time without my husband....I don't know why they can't believe it when I tell them that we just want to visit????

So disappointed right now.

C.
I am a Syrian, I wish this fact does not affect their judgment in the PR issue.

azeemfrazkhan

Jul 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th July 2015
AOR Received.
14th Aug 2015
File Transfer...
15TH SEP 2015
Med's Done....
UP-FRONT
Sarim said:
You looks in hurry ;D you wife will receive AOR a official confirmation from CPC after a month, after that your wife will receive sponsorship approval in 25 0r 30 days, along with SA they will transfer your wife to ADVO or LVO for further processing..
thank you sarim for your reply, well i realized it after reading others member discussions :) . we should pray for each other that may ALLAH help us to pass from this milestone without any unnecessary delay. INSHALLAH.