+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

mabbasi

May 31, 2007
mabbasi said:
Still waiting for the passport.
Can some guide us the cheapest way of travelling from UAE or Pakistan to Canada (Toronto or Montreal)
My wife is a Pakistani citizen. while holding a Canadian immigrant visa, does she need a transit visa as well for (Egypt,European countries)?
We are still waiting for the passport after visa stamping. Todays is 32 days started.
Any one receive their passport back after visa stamping???

Yes our lawyer sent an email on 7th July but no response. I have no idea why they are delaying so much while normal time for visa stamping is just 10 days. Now Eid is very close. My family wanted to visit home country to see parent but looks like they are in stuck abu dhabi due to passport delay.

I would like to know who else is waiting for his/her passport after visa stamping?

umar441

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-NOV-2015
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2016
Dear All,
Asalam o alaikum & Good Afternoon!

I am from Pakistan residing in Abu Dhabi and I am seeking help with regards to my application from all of the experts here in the forum.
My wife is PR of Canada (two steps away from her citizenship) and she will be sponsoring me. Since I am gathering documents for applying I have few questions like;
1) Do I have to provide originals of marriage certificate and other documents (like My ID, Passport, Degrees & Certificates) ? if not then I can simply takes copies from originals and attach with the application ? or I have to make them attested/notarized copies if yes then from where I can make them attested/notarized ?
2) Is there is any chance of getting refusal if my wife who is sponsoring me and currently is PR of Canada visits me in UAE for more than 2 weeks or a month ?

Thanks all of you and best regards,
Umar

Saiima

Sep 26, 2013
mabbasi said:
We are still waiting for the passport after visa stamping. Todays is 32 days started.
Any one receive their passport back after visa stamping???
Hello mabbasi,
I submitted my passport for stamping on 14th June and still no update.:(
I don't know why it is taking this long as the processing time is only 10 working days. Have you send an inquiry as yet?

FRV

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Saiima said:
Hello mabbasi,
I submitted my passport for stamping on 14th June and still no update.:(
I don't know why it is taking this long as the processing time is only 10 working days. Have you send an inquiry as yet?
Hi saiima

Can u pls share ur time line witn us

FRV

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
umar441 said:
Dear All,

I am from Pakistan residing in Abu Dhabi and I am seeking help with regards to my application from all of the experts here in the forum.
My wife is PR of Canada (two steps away from her citizenship) and she will be sponsoring me. Since I am gathering documents for applying I have few questions like;
1) Do I have to provide originals of marriage certificate and other documents (like My ID, Passport, Degrees & Certificates) ? if not then I can simply takes copies from originals and attach with the application ? or I have to make them attested/notarized copies if yes then from where I can make them attested/notarized ?
2) Is there is any chance of getting refusal if my wife who is sponsoring me and currently is PR of Canada visits me in UAE for more than 2 weeks or a month ?

Umar
Hi
U dont need to provide the originals for ur edu docs. Thy must be notarized thought
For marriage certificate, if ur original is not in english then u must get it translated by a legal translator and then get it notarized and provide that (original translated) along with a true copy of the photo copy of ur real marriage certificate (what ever language it is in)
N there is no harm for ur wife in visiting u here.

All the best

mabbasi

May 31, 2007
FRV said:
Hi saiima

Can u pls share ur time line witn us
Yes our lawyer sent an email on 7th July but no response. I have no idea why they are delaying so much while normal time for visa stamping is just 10 days. Now Eid is very close. My family wanted to visit home country to see parent but looks like they are in stuck abu dhabi due to passport delay.

If my wife will visit Canadian Embassy personally then can she get her passport back?

Did anyone receive his/her passport personally from Canadian embassy?

I would like to know who else is waiting for his/her passport after visa stamping?

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
umar441 said:
Dear All,

Umar
Wa Alikum Salam,

1) No need to sent original documents, you have to send copy of nikkah nama which you received from nadra and urdu nikkah namma copy with e English translated notarized copy. For degree i didnt attached any educational copy along with my application because it is requirement only who is currently living in Pakistan as we are living abroad no requirement for us to submit educational docs.

2) CIC never reject application on travelling ground but you have to show in your application when and how many times your wife visited you dates / tickets proofs / pictures etc they will ask.

umar441

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-NOV-2015
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2016
Sarim said:
Wa Alikum Salam,

1) No need to sent original documents, you have to send copy of nikkah nama which you received from nadra and urdu nikkah namma copy with e English translated notarized copy. For degree i didnt attached any educational copy along with my application because it is requirement only who is currently living in Pakistan as we are living abroad no requirement for us to submit educational docs.

2) CIC never reject application on travelling ground but you have to show in your application when and how many times your wife visited you dates / tickets proofs / pictures etc they will ask.
Thanks Sarim for your answer.
From where i can get my nikah nama notorized ? Only Nadra nikah nama is not okay?
Do i have to notorize my cnic copy and passport copy as well ?
Please share with me if you any other tips for the application.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
umar441 said:
Thanks Sarim for your answer.
From where i can get my nikah nama notorized ? Only Nadra nikah nama is not okay?
Do i have to notorize my cnic copy and passport copy as well ?
Please share with me if you any other tips for the application.
First translate Nikkah nama in English and attest in Pakistan with oath commissioner if you are from khi you can attest from civic center. for CNIC submit NICOP no need to attest and passport copy submit same as it is. documents are in English no need to attest any where.

umar441

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-NOV-2015
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2016
Sarim said:
First translate Nikkah nama in English and attest in Pakistan with oath commissioner if you are from khi you can attest from civic center. for CNIC submit NICOP no need to attest and passport copy submit same as it is. documents are in English no need to attest any where.
Thank you Sarim,
how many pictures are okay to send with the application ? and do i have to write the name of people appearing in the picture and date? taken as well?
and how many snap shots of skype,whatsapp and viber are enough to include in the application?

Jazak Allah o khair

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
chilkootcee said:
Thank you haldashti for your encouraging words.

Hey all. I was reading thru some of the other forums and found a thread discussing refusal of visa vs refusal of admission to Canada. According to the thread, if you were refused a visa, this is also technically refusal of admission to Canada.

Last year we tried getting a visit visa after we were married but we weren't successful. This was indicated on our forms under the question refusal of visa....but we said "no" to refusal of admission because at the time we thought this meant one who is refused entry upon arrival at a port of entry.

Anyone in the same situation where you answered yes to refusal of visa and no to refusal of admission? Did you have any problems? I guess I could write a letter and change our answer to refusal of admission....I don't want them to think we are trying to withhold info...but the thread also mentioned that it can cause a problem in the system (red flag).

C.
Anyone shed some light on this?

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
umar441 said:
Thank you Sarim,
how many pictures are okay to send with the application ? and do i have to write the name of people appearing in the picture and date? taken as well?
and how many snap shots of skype,whatsapp and viber are enough to include in the application?

Jazak Allah o khair
You have to send nikkah pics / ruksati pics / valima pics and other occasions pics some pics with families and some your and your wife separate pics some outing , dinners etc etc... all pics must be labelled from back each person name relation with you , location and date of event. I have sent around 50 pics.

other proofs like skype , viber and whtsapp this is up to you how you gather your application. like i sent for every month 2 or 3 communications phone call bills mentioned her number and all..

FRV

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Sarim said:
Wa Alikum Salam,

Hey sarim

Where is this mentioned that you only need to submit education docs if u r residing in Pakistan???

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
FRV said:
Hey sarim

Where is this mentioned that you only need to submit education docs if u r residing in Pakistan???
For the applicants who are applying through isb/lon cic some times cic asking for educational docs.

and Pakistani citizen who are living abroad they are not asking educational docs.

check below link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
mabbasi said:

If my wife will visit Canadian Embassy personally then can she get her passport back?

Did anyone receive his/her passport personally from Canadian embassy?

Hello mabbasi. Too bad for the delay, I feel for your frustration. Yes, a member's wife went to the embassy and got her passport personally, it was more on the compassionate ground.. Is it possible to call the embassy? Hang in there..