+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

NoorNoor

Apr 12, 2015
Impresso said:
So I get a call, from my lawyer asking, when are you planning to go visit your wife. I said maybe next month. He goes - maybe she should fly to Canada for a Change !!

I paused for a second, thinking " Am I Hearing what I am Hearing ?? " - Alhamdulliah Alhamdulliah - Indeed after Hardship there is relief !!

We just got our PPR and I can't believe my eyes :eek: :eek: - what a journey !! I know we are all in the same boat - just hang in there and do not loose hope Insha'Allah
Masha'lla, Congratulations Impresso I'm soooooooooooooooooo happy for you and super hopeful and Optimistic for this great news and thanks a lot for your great help you deserve all the best.

zaino

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2015
AOR Received.
September 18, 2015
File Transfer...
October 16, 2015
Impresso said:
From what I remember, my wife had to go the police station and simply ask for one - didn't take very long, think about a week or two. Other members here can correct me if I am wrong.

Oh okay, thanks, will ask my hubby to simply go to a police station as well and ask for a police clearance. Cause I heard things like, you would need to bring your id and your passport and get fingerprints and so on in order to get a police clearance from UAE.

And what about the medical? Do you just go see a doctor and ask for a medical? And how long does it take?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NoorNoor said:
Masha'lla, Congratulations Impresso I'm soooooooooooooooooo happy for you and super hopeful and Optimistic for this great news and thanks a lot for your great help you deserve all the best.
JazakaAllah Khair NoorNoor - InshaAllah you will be hearing good news in no time.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
zaino said:
Oh okay, thanks, will ask my hubby to simply go to a police station as well and ask for a police clearance. Cause I heard things like, you would need to bring your id and your passport and get fingerprints and so on in order to get a police clearance from UAE.

And what about the medical? Do you just go see a doctor and ask for a medical? And how long does it take?
Just spoke to my wife - when you go to the police office they will give you a form to fill up and you will need to have your passport and national ID.

For medical you will need to go to this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
Select UAE from the drop down list and you will see all the CIC authorized medical clinics. You will need to call them to make an appointment. Most of them have e-medical so it should be done on the same day.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Impresso this is such wonderful news! Congratulations and thank you so much for all of your patience and responses to everyone's questions on this forum. Looking forward to your post about being in Canada!!

bublo ksa

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found updated Ecase today.

We received your application for Mr. ...... On January 15, 2015 ( when ADVO received my application after step 1)
Medical results have been received ( I already got that update in month of November before SA)

What does it mean? Any idea guys ?????
Confused :eek:

zbaby

Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO/Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-09-2015
Impresso said:
WOW - so you being in UAE since 2009 totally destroys the theory about a person having to stay in UAE for x number of days to be applicable for files to be forwarded to ADVO. I still am with the cause that LVO is going to eventually be stepping in to help out. Prob because they have more staffing.
Thanks Impresso. Well now i should agree with this cause as well, because LVO looks relaxed and systematic, as it is always replying to any kind of request. this is only bad luck that it has timeline of 29 months which brings your morale down. :(
kindly share your family's landing experience plus are you going to ship any home accessories from uae or from pak?

kathkath

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-12-2014

kathkath

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
Hi,

Does anyone here tried to apply for tourist visa at VFS consulate here in Dubai?

I just went there and the receptionist told me that the processing time for tourist will take 5-7 working days. Is that true?

Thanks

Tulip flower

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
for all members who recently recieve ppr ,does advo require minimum passport validity ??
cause my husband passpprt will expire after 4 months ,and he cant renew it now
plzz any info

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
chilkootcee said:
Impresso this is such wonderful news! Congratulations and thank you so much for all of your patience and responses to everyone's questions on this forum. Looking forward to your post about being in Canada!!
Thank you for your kind words - yeh I am trying to prep my wife for her travel to Canada.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
bublo ksa said:
I found updated Ecase today.

We received your application for Mr. ...... On January 15, 2015 ( when ADVO received my application after step 1)
Medical results have been received ( I already got that update in month of November before SA)

What does it mean? Any idea guys ?????
Confused :eek:
I wouldn't worry to much about ECAS update - but it sounds like they are working on your case and most likely on your security and background check .

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
zbaby said:
Thanks Impresso. Well now i should agree with this cause as well, because LVO looks relaxed and systematic, as it is always replying to any kind of request. this is only bad luck that it has timeline of 29 months which brings your morale down. :(
kindly share your family's landing experience plus are you going to ship any home accessories from uae or from pak?
Hello zbaby - I would be hopeful to get your applications processed before the 29 Months timeline as the times lines set by VO are worse case scenarios, so if your case isn't complicated and straight forward I do not see a reason for them to use 29 months to process your files.

Also I would encourage to visit your spouse or vise versa at least so that you can forget about the timeline and have some thing to look forward to.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
kathkath said:
Hi,

Does anyone here tried to apply for tourist visa at VFS consulate here in Dubai?
I just went there and the receptionist told me that the processing time for tourist will take 5-7 working days. Is that true?
Thanks
Actually that is a good news because on the CIC website it says 14 days to process visitor visa http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Tulip flower said:
for all members who recently recieve ppr ,does advo require minimum passport validity ??
cause my husband passpprt will expire after 4 months ,and he cant renew it now
plzz any info
Hello Tulip Flower - as per the PPR, it states that the validity of the visa is as along as your medical are valid for - but if your passport expires before that, the validity will be set to the passport expiry date. ( see below )

If I may ask - what is the reason that your husband cannot renew his passport ?

ATTENTION! YOUR VISA(S) ARE VALID UNTIL 19 April 2016

If any passport expires before the above date, the validity of all visas will be set to the expiry date of the passport with the shortest validity.
You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian port of entry before your visa(s) expires.