24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
mabbasi said:
I received following updates from ADVO through our MP

Good afternoon,

I sent an enquiry to Abu Dhabi regarding your file and received the following request:

You will be pleased to know that the visa officer has no concerns with the relationship.

The application is undergoing the mandatory background review.

Once the review is completed, applicant will be advised of the next steps.

Everything seems to be proceeding properly at this time.

Kindest regards,

Case Manager
That's good mabbasi. Thanks for sharing, keep us posted.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
zaino said:
Thanks so much Impresso, you've been a great help. You have been very quick in responding and answering my questions. I had no idea where to even start from. Thank you again for the helping hand.

So glad to hear your wife and child will be with you after such a long wait.I wish you both nothing but the best.This whole thing is a very stressful process. You and everyone have been in my thoughts. Keeping everyone in my thoughts with hopes and wishes that all may get to be with their loved ones soon inshAllah.
Thank you for your kind words - Indeed it is very stressful and the whole long distance keeping in touch, tests your patients. But Insha'Allah there is always hope and soon this all is done in no time.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
haldashti said:
So nice to hear Impresso. Thanks for sharing these special moments with us brother. Eithad is good to fly with. BTW I don't work for them -:)
Thank you brother - LOL - we already booked flights with Emirates, been flying with Emirates since I was a baby in Ras Al Khaimah.

chilkootcee said:
Wonderful news! I wish your family the very best in Canada. AlHamdullilah :)
Thank you Chilkootcee - hoping to hear some good news from your side.

Tulip flower said:
wow masha allah ,great news
welcome to canada
JazakaAllah Khair - it shouldn't be long for your either Tulip Flower

bublo ksa said:
MashAllah very nice.... congrats Impresso... :)
Thank you bublo ksa

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
mabbasi said:
I received following updates from ADVO through our MP

You will be pleased to know that the visa officer has no concerns with the relationship.
The application is undergoing the mandatory background review.
Once the review is completed, applicant will be advised of the next steps.
Thats great news mabbasi - once the security and background check are complete you are in the clear. All the best.

mabbasi

May 31, 2007
Impresso said:
Thats great news mabbasi - once the security and background check are complete you are in the clear. All the best.
Thanks for the reply.
Congratulation imresso. We are happy to hear this good news.

I have a question about backgrounds check. My wife is living in UAE for last 10+ years. She is a Pakistani citizen. I tried to sponsor her in 2008 but they rejected after three years of processing. Last time they completed all background checks etc. everything was fine but they rejected because i (sponsor) was living in gulf. normally they don't give visa in such cases. They want sponsor should move first permanently and then sponsor their spouse.

Any how my question is will they do complete background checks from Pakistan as well or where ever she lived during last 10 years (only UAE)?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
mabbasi said:
Thanks for the reply.
Congratulation imresso. We are happy to hear this good news.

I have a question about backgrounds check. My wife is living in UAE for last 10+ years. She is a Pakistani citizen. I tried to sponsor her in 2008 but they rejected after three years of processing. Last time they completed all background checks etc. everything was fine but they rejected because i (sponsor) was living in gulf. normally they don't give visa in such cases. They want sponsor should move first permanently and then sponsor their spouse.

Any how my question is will they do complete background checks from Pakistan as well or where ever she lived during last 10 years (only UAE)?

Hello mabbasi - in the application for sponsor they ask you explicitly if you are currently in Canada or Not, many applicants are not honest on this question, thinking CIC will not find out if you are in or ourside Canada. If a sponsor is living with their spouse in gulf, and apply for Family Sponsorship - CIC will be asking sponsor's intent/proof to move back to Canada once a visa is issued, and they will want to see all the documents during the phase of the application process or towards the end. This is something to keep in mind.

As part of your question " how will they complete background check " - in the applicants forms, they ask you where you have lived for more than 6 months in the last 10 years, based on that you will have to provide police clearance. Background check is two parts - criminality check and security clearance. Many agencies are involved for the clearance - A VO has there own communication process to reach out to the agencies to get a clearance.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
The time has come to hand over the torch, for updating the spreadsheet. Previously this ADVO spreadsheet was maintained by JenPin and now Myself.

I am looking for a volunteer to take over the spreadsheet from here on - a member who is fairly active on the forum.. I may get a little busy as the days go by with another baby coming Insh'Allah, but shall be around to check the forum for any help required.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Impresso said:
Hello mabbasi - in the application for sponsor they ask you explicitly if you are currently in Canada or Not, many applicants are not honest on this question, thinking CIC will not find out if you are in or ourside Canada. If a sponsor is living with their spouse in gulf, and apply for Family Sponsorship - CIC will be asking sponsor's intent/proof to move back to Canada once a visa is issued, and they will want to see all the documents during the phase of the application process or towards the end. This is something to keep in mind.

As part of your question " how will they complete background check " - in the applicants forms, they ask you where you have lived for more than 6 months in the last 10 years, based on that you will have to provide police clearance. Background check is two parts - criminality check and security clearance. Many agencies are involved for the clearance - A VO has there own communication process to reach out to the agencies to get a clearance.
This is an interesting question because there are various perspectives on "residency" in Canada. There is residency for the purposes of Income Tax (which is not dependent on whether or not you are in the country) and each province defines residency in terms of the requirements to obtain services, driver's license, etc. Finally, there is physical residency (i.e. actually living and staying in Canada). It doesn't seem clear to me which one they are referring to and in my case, I am a resident of Canada for tax purposes, and maintain a home etc in Canada, but currently staying with my husband for extended periods of time on a tourist visa here in the UAE. I explained all of this on a separate piece of paper and hopefully that will suffice.

Basically, if you are not sure, explain your situation. Hopefully they will accept mine.

C.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Does anyone have any experience obtaining a police clearance certificate for Syria from the UAE? My husband went this morning to the Syrian consulate...and they basically turned him away (politely) saying they can't provide this serve and that only Syria can give this.

Thanks.

mabbasi

May 31, 2007
My case is very transparent. I am a Canadian citizen living and studying here in Canada and filling my tax returns regularly. I moved back to Canada last year. I left my wife and two small kids in UAE. My wife is working over there. My kids are Canadian citizens because of me. I sponsored my wife in 2008 when i was living and working in UAE. After 3 years of processing they rejected my wife's case. They gave us reason that they are not satisfied that i (sponsor) will move back to Canada with the wife if they would give visa to my wife. I don't know how did they come to this conclusion but they did not ask me to submit my resignation. This is very bad.
Anyhow i resigned and moved back to Canada alone. Last year sponsored my wife once again through a lawyer.

My wife is living in UAE for last 10 plus years. Hope this time they won't do background checks beyond 10 years. If they would do any checks from UAE only, then my wife's case can be finalize very fast.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Impresso said:
The time has come to hand over the torch, for updating the spreadsheet. Previously this ADVO spreadsheet was maintained by JenPin and now Myself.

I am looking for a volunteer to take over the spreadsheet from here on - a member who is fairly active on the forum.. I may get a little busy as the days go by with another baby coming Insh'Allah, but shall be around to check the forum for any help required.
Impresso, I am not as experienced nor active in this forum as yourself, but willing to maintain the spreadsheet if there are no other volounteers. I can check the forum at least every other day and update as necessary. Thanks for your continous support and help. And mabrook in advance with the blessing of the new child.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
mabbasi said:
My case is very transparent. I am a Canadian citizen living and studying here in Canada and filling my tax returns regularly. I moved back to Canada last year. I left my wife and two small kids in UAE. My wife is working over there. My kids are Canadian citizens because of me. I sponsored my wife in 2008 when i was living and working in UAE. After 3 years of processing they rejected my wife's case. They gave us reason that they are not satisfied that i (sponsor) will move back to Canada with the wife if they would give visa to my wife. I don't know how did they come to this conclusion but they did not ask me to submit my resignation. This is very bad.
Anyhow i resigned and moved back to Canada alone. Last year sponsored my wife once again through a lawyer.

My wife is living in UAE for last 10 plus years. Hope this time they won't do background checks beyond 10 years. If they would do any checks from UAE only, then my wife's case can be finalize very fast.
Wow, that must have been dishearting what happened in 2008. Inshallah's this time it will be straight forward and quick. Keep us posted.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
All,
Anybody has experience with the police check from Kuwait per CIC:
"Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

Name of document(s) to get: Good Conduct Certificate

"
Curious about the procedure, when do we get this "letter" and how long does it take to get the police certificate once we apply for it. Thanks.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Anyone has had success obtaining a tourist visa? Once again they rejected my wife's application. Silly me thinking once I get the SA, they may see that as a positive thing. So basically we tried before and after the SA no success. Any feedback is appreciated.