Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
chilkootcee said:
This is an interesting question because there are various perspectives on "residency" in Canada. There is residency for the purposes of Income Tax (which is not dependent on whether or not you are in the country) and each province defines residency in terms of the requirements to obtain services, driver's license, etc. Finally, there is physical residency (i.e. actually living and staying in Canada). It doesn't seem clear to me which one they are referring to and in my case, I am a resident of Canada for tax purposes, and maintain a home etc in Canada, but currently staying with my husband for extended periods of time on a tourist visa here in the UAE. I explained all of this on a separate piece of paper and hopefully that will suffice.

Basically, if you are not sure, explain your situation. Hopefully they will accept mine.

C.
Indeed the definition by you chilkootcee are correct. From my understanding when they require proof of residency of sponsor, they do ask for Tax Income Receipts and In Certain Cases Current Address Mail or Letter of employment - which to me would satisfy both the definition.

However the reason CIC is so strict about this is only for the reason that there has been so many fraud cases where an individual does not stay in the country, but finds loop holes to obtain a citizenship. Sometimes it really does make me wonder how they do it, but you are correct as long as one explains the circumstances in utter honesty, to CIC they should be ok

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
mabbasi said:
My case is very transparent. I am a Canadian citizen living and studying here in Canada and filling my tax returns regularly. I moved back to Canada last year. I left my wife and two small kids in UAE. My wife is working over there. My kids are Canadian citizens because of me. I sponsored my wife in 2008 when i was living and working in UAE. After 3 years of processing they rejected my wife's case. They gave us reason that they are not satisfied that i (sponsor) will move back to Canada with the wife if they would give visa to my wife. I don't know how did they come to this conclusion but they did not ask me to submit my resignation. This is very bad.
Anyhow i resigned and moved back to Canada alone. Last year sponsored my wife once again through a lawyer.

My wife is living in UAE for last 10 plus years. Hope this time they won't do background checks beyond 10 years. If they would do any checks from UAE only, then my wife's case can be finalize very fast.
I am surprised they dont ask for detail doc for intent of rentals - just for information from some previous members, some valide doc are

- Letter of Resignation
- Cancellation of Resident Visa
- HR Letter stating termination of employment
- Email Exchange for Kids Schooling in Canada
- Email Exchange for property/accommodation in Canada
- One Way Ticket Booking Confirmation etc.

This time I really hope you are united back with your family Insha'Allah

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
haldashti said:
Impresso, I am not as experienced nor active in this forum as yourself, but willing to maintain the spreadsheet if there are no other volounteers. I can check the forum at least every other day and update as necessary. Thanks for your continous support and help. And mabrook in advance with the blessing of the new child.
Brother you make me laugh - I wish I was as active but the time difference and work makes it a little harder to check the forum. My profile is online all the time as I have multiple logins from various computers. Hope people dont think I am ignoring them :eek: .

I have shared the spreadsheet with you on your email - let me know if you are able to edit. Thank you once again for stepping in and taking over.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
haldashti said:
Anyone has had success obtaining a tourist visa? Once again they rejected my wife's application. Silly me thinking once I get the SA, they may see that as a positive thing. So basically we tried before and after the SA no success. Any feedback is appreciated.
Found this quote from a previous member here 'JenPin'

"For all who want to apply for a TRV, you may do so after getting your Sponsorship Approval and write a letter to the Embassy stating that your PR application is in process and you want to visit your spouse in Canada for a couple of days as you miss each other terribly (try to make it emotional). You also need to provide proof that you will not over-stay and will return back for the complete processing of your PR application."

There are two very important criteria for this

1) You have to show them that you do not intend to over stay in Canada
2) You have very strong tie with UAE , as an example of strong tie is you are currently full time employed with a company and have been working there for a while or even full time education.

Some times having previous travel stamps/visa of other countries outside Middle East helps.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Impresso said:
Found this quote from a previous member here 'JenPin'

"For all who want to apply for a TRV, you may do so after getting your Sponsorship Approval and write a letter to the Embassy stating that your PR application is in process and you want to visit your spouse in Canada for a couple of days as you miss each other terribly (try to make it emotional). You also need to provide proof that you will not over-stay and will return back for the complete processing of your PR application."

There are two very important criteria for this

1) You have to show them that you do not intend to over stay in Canada
2) You have very strong tie with UAE , as an example of strong tie is you are currently full time employed with a company and have been working there for a while or even full time education.

Some times having previous travel stamps/visa of other countries outside Middle East helps.
Thanks Impresso, It is definitely a personal decision! My wife works full time, all her family resides over there, we included both our employment records, financial statements. All comes down to the officer, we have friends, that come and go.. Allah Kareem. Count down to late September started! In which Insha'Allah I will go and at least visit for a couple of weeks. As you know, it's a long painful journey.

aamai

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Hello All,
I am originally from Yemen and have a Canadian citizenship, I applied for my husband from Canada and they transfer his file to Abu Dhabi.
I submitted my application on January 14/2015 and received it on January 16/2015 I got the first AOR and then he sent the medical examination but we never heard back from them. I am now in Saudi Arabia where my husband is working would like to contact them but not sure their contact information so could anyone please help me to know the best way to contact them, and please let me know how long the process is taking over there.
I appreciate any help and comments :)

benvincent

May 27, 2015
Hi Guys,
Please help me if anyone have the same case with me.

My wife working in Canada since 2008. Presently she has an open permit and our PR is under process.
My Case:

I was sponsored as a spouse under Live-in care giver program and submitted a complete document in Abu dhabi Canadian Embassy, since I'm working here in Doha Qatar.

Online Servises: CIC Abudhabi received my application since July 2013 but until now there is no progress no medical.
My step children finished there medical last March 2014 in Philippines and my Daughter which is in canada as a tourist living with my wife finished the medical last April 2014 in Toronto.
Please Is there anyone of you same case with me. CIC abu dhabi processing time supposedly it will take 13 months but now my case is almost 24 months? I did not receive any update with regards to my medical. In the onlline services it only shows Application received.
Please advice me what to do? My step children are already eager to see there mother and I'm causing their delay.

Lamis

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-3-2015
File Transfer...
16-3-2015
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
Impresso said:
So I get a call, from my lawyer asking, when are you planning to go visit your wife. I said maybe next month. He goes - maybe she should fly to Canada for a Change !!

I paused for a second, thinking " Am I Hearing what I am Hearing ?? " - Alhamdulliah Alhamdulliah - Indeed after Hardship there is relief !!

We just got our PPR and I can't believe my eyes :eek: :eek: - what a journey !! I know we are all in the same boat - just hang in there and do not loose hope Insha'Allah
congrats Impresso :) wish u all the best u deserve it .. pray for the rest of us

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
haldashti said:
Thanks Impresso, It is definitely a personal decision! My wife works full time, all her family resides over there, we included both our employment records, financial statements. All comes down to the officer, we have friends, that come and go.. Allah Kareem. Count down to late September started! In which Insha'Allah I will go and at least visit for a couple of weeks. As you know, it's a long painful journey.
Oh Wow - did you apply at a vfs or at the actual embassy ? I know brother- look forward to the days you will be together insha'Allah

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
aamai said:
Hello All,
I am originally from Yemen and have a Canadian citizenship, I applied for my husband from Canada and they transfer his file to Abu Dhabi.
I submitted my application on January 14/2015 and received it on January 16/2015 I got the first AOR and then he sent the medical examination but we never heard back from them. I am now in Saudi Arabia where my husband is working would like to contact them but not sure their contact information so could anyone please help me to know the best way to contact them, and please let me know how long the process is taking over there.
I appreciate any help and comments :)
Hello aamai - Welcome to the forum.

There are a few things you can do - make sure you are able to login to the online ECAS system with your File Number from your sponsorship approval. Then see for any updates there ( i wouldn't worry too much about the updates as it is not reliable all the time)

Second you may email abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca , which is the general mailbox and I wouldn't expect them to reply to anyone. You can also try case specific enquiry in this url https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=abu%20dhabi&_ga=1.150392447.872472400.1400516085

One thing to note is that from the date of your Sponsorship Approval it may take upto 3 months for Abu Dhabi to get back to you incase they need anything. If they don't need anything they wont bother.

I would also encourage you to order GCMS Notes if you are very anxious about your file - but just hang in there and everything will be done with soon.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
benvincent said:
Hi Guys,
Please help me if anyone have the same case with me.

My wife working in Canada since 2008. Presently she has an open permit and our PR is under process.
My Case:

I was sponsored as a spouse under Live-in care giver program and submitted a complete document in Abu dhabi Canadian Embassy, since I'm working here in Doha Qatar.

Online Servises: CIC Abudhabi received my application since July 2013 but until now there is no progress no medical.
My step children finished there medical last March 2014 in Philippines and my Daughter which is in canada as a tourist living with my wife finished the medical last April 2014 in Toronto.
Please Is there anyone of you same case with me. CIC abu dhabi processing time supposedly it will take 13 months but now my case is almost 24 months? I did not receive any update with regards to my medical. In the onlline services it only shows Application received.
Please advice me what to do? My step children are already eager to see there mother and I'm causing their delay.
Hello benvincent - I am not in your situation or experience enough in your case, about sponsorship while PR under process. I would encourage you open a new thread, under Family Class Sponsorship for some response.

On a side note - The best way to see what is going on in your case is to order the GCMS notes, it takes about 4 weeks . Also you can contact your local Member of Parliament in Canada to open a case on your behalf ( but I am not sure if that is an option if you are not a PR yet )

Let us know if you have any other questions - all the best.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Lamis said:
congrats Impresso :) wish u all the best u deserve it .. pray for the rest of us
Thank you Lamis - All this is indeed going to be over and done with and in no time all of us will be united with our loved ones.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
can any buddy advise me now days they are sending files to ADVO or LVO ??

I am paki national living in uae since last 2 years and before resident of Saudi for 8 years.

any advise please??

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Sarim said:
can any buddy advise me now days they are sending files to ADVO or LVO ??

I am paki national living in uae since last 2 years and before resident of Saudi for 8 years.

any advise please??
The majority are being sent to ADVO. You still need to specify the VO in your application, but we have seen a few cases for people residing in the Gulf were their applications are being sent to LVO, with no logical reason so far.. Good luck.