+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit

Kkaur03

Nov 5, 2020
Hi, I want to apply for the extension of my husband’s OWP which is going to expire on November 30th 2020. Till that time I will only have 2 paystubs of NOC B job. Is it okay to apply with 2 paystubs or what’s the another option ??? What should I do?

Kkaur03

Nov 5, 2020
Hi, Can anyone suggest my options here... I am so desperate. If I go with my spouse my points are 435 If i remove him I will get 475 or maybe more... My lawyer says WE MUST go together. Sponsorship will take a year. Should I listen to her? How long am I going to sit in the pool...PLEASE any advice helps
Apply without spouse.Because, the score for express entry will never go this Low and we don’t know when the rules gonna change.So, this is the best time with 475 score your file will be picked soon may be in next draw.
But, if you accompany your husband then with 435 score you have to take a chance.

AkhilaIyer

Nov 6, 2020
I got a passport request letter yesterday, but all the VACs in India are closed, I was also informed that I will not be able to submit my documents until i receive special authorization from the High Commission with the instructions. Does anyone know how long that generally takes in the current situation?

Me to life

Oct 2, 2020
some got OWP on 31 march - but they applied under family PR sponsorship
Hi I applied for spousal PR and open work permit togather. I got my documents back yesterday with a marked paper saying to send the OWP application. I think I missed the form or did something wrong. I filled out 5710e. kindly can you tell me IMM for OWP? I also forgot to sign the document.

Last edited:

Suzan121

Nov 12, 2020
Hi Yousuf,

Just wanted to check if you got approval after the first-time refusal. I got a refusal and looking to reapply however cant trust any consultancy.

Suzan121

Nov 12, 2020
I dont need biometrics as i am applying for the second time. I had recieved a refusal earlier.
Hi Yousuf,

Did you get approved the second time. I got a refusal too wanted to reapply however not sure which consultancy to trust. If you please reply will be great ..Thanks in advance.

Suzan121

Nov 12, 2020
Hey what was the reason for refusal?
Hey Jeevan,

It was for this I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Can you please let me know what happened to your application?

Last edited:

jeevan1205

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hey Jeevan,

It was for this I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Can you please let me know what happened to your application?
It was refused on Nov 12, stating that we have provided insufficient information to prove that the spouse's employment is in a qualified NOC. Applied for reconsideration with the new emp letter and included roles and responsibilities now.

samir5767

Jan 23, 2019
anyone who received PGWP and applied for their wife SOWP?? could please send example of reference letter??
thank you!!

samir5767

Jan 23, 2019
Hi, I want to apply for the extension of my husband’s OWP which is going to expire on November 30th 2020. Till that time I will only have 2 paystubs of NOC B job. Is it okay to apply with 2 paystubs or what’s the another option ??? What should I do?
hi so did you apply with 2 paystubs or you waited for 3?? and could you please share example of reference latter from employer please?? thank you!!

sarveets

Nov 26, 2020
Where is the form for the OWP...I am applying for PR under the common law route but for the life of me cannot find the forms

Apr 28, 2019
Hi guys, I am applying for a 1-year program (Ontario College Graduate Certificate) at Geoge Brown College and wondering when should I start the process of applying for the Spouse Open Work permit for my wife? Or is it eligible for this permit?

I can't find any information on their website for SOWP.

Thank you very much!!