+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit

shivaniverma_88

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Hello Everyone,

I am an International Student in Canada and I have submitted my husband's Open work permit application online from India on 28th Feb 2021. He has completed his biometrics on 3rd March 2021 and since then there has been no activities on his application. He has not given the medicals yet as there was no option for him to submit an upfront application. Does anyone has any idea on what to do at this point of time now? I am waiting for his profile to update with IMM1017E form for medicals. Is there any way we can get the medicals done faster?

Reactions: ange1o

Oechad

Jul 9, 2021
Is there anyone who recently got bazoocam their spouse open work permit approval?vcps test
My spouse is a Canada Permanent Resident (PR Holder), I have applied for camzap Outland PR Spousal Sponsorship, currently under process since 2019. Recently I have got my TRV approved, chatiw I am eligible to apply for open work permit after reaching Canada on TRV?? Please reply....
hey presented open work permit to my spouse on june 1, 2020, medical biometrics all done and i'm really on a break, no results at the moment, the current preparation time is 24 weeks, i have rested case Now there is about 7.5 long period of huge delay and no result at this point.

rishirajsing

Aug 14, 2018
Hi All,
I am Canadian PR holder currently outside of Canada. I am planning to move in few months.
Meanwhile, can I apply for my spouse open work permit before moving ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi All,
I am Canadian PR holder currently outside of Canada. I am planning to move in few months.
Meanwhile, can I apply for my spouse open work permit before moving ?
There is no such option for spouse of PR outside of Canada.

If your spouse can get TRV (regular travel visa, there is NO spousal travel visa in Canada) to enter into Canada (approval rate is not great), then you can apply to sponsor her via "inland" and there is an OWP option.

Recently, OWP approval is taking a long time (previously 4 months but not some only get it near AIP).

Rakshith_hv27

Apr 5, 2021
Hi,
I have a work permit in Canada from my employer till Nov 2021
I Applied for my spouse OPEN WORK PERMIT and she got one which is valid till Nov 2021

My Employer asked me to extend my work permit for two years. I am in process of applying it

I am little confused with the process now.
I tried answering the questionnaire and at the last stage of document submission on CIC portal, they are asking for my IMM5710 form, my passport, offer letter, invite letter , marriage certificate, digital photo . Whereas for my spouse they are asking for her current visa status, passport and IMM5710 form , but they are not asking for her digital photo. Please let me know if I can apply for her open work permit extension along with my extension in the same profile.

Anybody here who got their closed WP and spouse Open WP extended together?

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Hi,

I am going to apply for SOWP as my wife is student in Canada. We have a 4 year old son who has visitor visa for Canada. My question is do I need to apply for any dependent visa for our son or he can accompany me after I get my visa?

Thank you

lhughes1190

Sep 1, 2021
I submitted my file on Feb 2020 and 2 weeks received my passport back without stamp but a got a letter along with passport stated that you will be informed for further instructions soon.
Whats its means? Chances of approval or rejection?
Please help me.
I'm also trying to get a spouse work permit. What forms did you have to fill out?

Sumeetbajari

Mar 27, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I will be applying for a spouse open work permit and have below questions.

1. How much funds are needed. I find out that its good to show 10 lakhs with past 6 months bank history. Do we need to maintain an average 10 Lakh balance monthly for the last 6 months or last month balance while applying should be 10 lakhs.
2. Can I show my wife India account balance also as my proof of funds, for that do i need to add my name as a nominee in her account or any NOC needed from her side that i can access her funds.
3. Can i also show wife GIC account as proof of funds.

Looking forward for a response.

Thanks!

hyunrememberl

Feb 2, 2018
Applied OWP under Spouse's PGWP,
Inline application,

Invitation received by July but no saving money to proceed.
(ITA received under Alberta PNP in EE)

My work permit expired by End of July, 2021
But My wife got PGWP on hand by August 7 (took us long-times too)
I didn't aware my work permit was expired at the moment until I saw Wife's PGWP stupidly.
Needed to away from the job immediately and applied restoration status as worker.
Stayed home do nothing until a days ago.

Applied Aug 9th, 2021
Approved Nov 8th, 2021

Took me 91days Exactly what IRCC said in their web page.

Now I need to work hard and save money again to process my ITA again in EE, very good..

Not only me, those who have suffered from IRCC due to the high volume of application during Covid and Afghanistan refugee issue.

sincerely Sorry.

wish everybody good luck here.

Reactions: Kumar25

sarveets

Nov 26, 2020
Inline application,

I didn't aware my work permit was expired at the moment until I saw Wife's PGWP stupidly.
Needed to away from the job immediately and applied restoration status as worker.

Applied Aug 9th, 2021
Approved Nov 8th, 2021

Now I need to work hard and save money again to process my ITA again in EE, very good..

Not only me, those who have suffered from IRCC due to the high volume of application during Covid and Afghanistan refugee issue.

sincerely Sorry.

6 months waiting for a correction for pgwp. Their mistake but I must pay for it

hyunrememberl

Feb 2, 2018
6 months waiting for a correction for pgwp. Their mistake but I must pay for it
Their lack of professionalism and no efficient score applied government system dose make this situation.

Also, priority application they proceed was all politic matter, the politician does not care about people who really want to stay and work hard in Canada, Because we are not citizen, no power of voting.

sorry to hear your situation, wish you get what you need as soon as possible.

Reactions: Kumar25

sarveets

Nov 26, 2020
Their lack of professionalism and no efficient score applied government system dose make this situation.

Also, priority application they proceed was all politic matter, the politician does not care about people who really want to stay and work hard in Canada, Because we are not citizen, no power of voting.

sorry to hear your situation, wish you get what you need as soon as possible.
My MP has been following up every 3 weeks. I understand the need to help people but not at the expense of others. My spouse is a Canadian citizen and I am unable to get a work permit via him. Lucky I went to school here... it's really unprofessional how they operate. Thanks for well wishes

Reactions: hyunrememberl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Inline application,

Applied Aug 9th, 2021
Approved Nov 8th, 2021

sincerely Sorry.

Restoration should only by to visitor status not restoration to a WP. You can apply for an OWP if your spouse works in NOC 0, a or B and has 3 pay stubs.