+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I came to Canada as a student in 2020 for a 2 years program. In march 2022 I got my Pgwp. I had put up a spouse opw application for my wife when I was still a student here in 2021, but her application wasn't picked up for more than a year and just 10 days after I got my WP they picked up her application and asked us to provide my job documents as per NOC and since I wasn't having a job then that would fall under NOC-B, my wife's application got rejected on those grounds. Currently I have got a job that meets the NOC requirements. We are planning on applying for Sopw. Can any one please throw some light on this situation, what conditions should I worrying about to avoid a rejection.
I was told by a few friends that since I haven't visited my wife in the last two years, it might cause problem. But 2020, 2021 due to covid there were a lot of travel restrictions, and I was a full time student, so I did not visit India, And after I got my WP I was searching for a job that would meet the noc requirements and just about a month I got a job, but I wont be able to travel now because of my probation period for 3 months.

My questions are,
1) can I give this explanation for not being able to visit my wife in India in the application form?
2) We are now planning to put up an application for her, since we meet all the requirements except for visiting each other, is it ok to go ahead and apply now or should I wait for some more time, visit her first and then apply?

If someone has experienced a similar situation, please share your exp, it would be appreciated.
How much time have you spent in person since your wedding? When did you get married?

INCA-Patel

Sep 27, 2022
Hi, I came to Canada as a student in 2020 for a 2 years program. In march 2022 I got my Pgwp. I had put up a spouse opw application for my wife when I was still a student here in 2021, but her application wasn't picked up for more than a year and just 10 days after I got my WP they picked up her application and asked us to provide my job documents as per NOC and since I wasn't having a job then that would fall under NOC-B, my wife's application got rejected on those grounds. Currently I have got a job that meets the NOC requirements. We are planning on applying for Sopw. Can any one please throw some light on this situation, what conditions should I worrying about to avoid a rejection.
I was told by a few friends that since I haven't visited my wife in the last two years, it might cause problem. But 2020, 2021 due to covid there were a lot of travel restrictions, and I was a full time student, so I did not visit India, And after I got my WP I was searching for a job that would meet the noc requirements and just about a month I got a job, but I wont be able to travel now because of my probation period for 3 months.

My questions are,
1) can I give this explanation for not being able to visit my wife in India in the application form?
2) We are now planning to put up an application for her, since we meet all the requirements except for visiting each other, is it ok to go ahead and apply now or should I wait for some more time, visit her first and then apply?

If someone has experienced a similar situation, please share your exp, it would be appreciated.
Hello, you can reapply your wife's SOWP. for OWP there are 4 factors that matters, 1. if you are in a work permit then your job should be in O,A or B
2. Proof of Funds
3. Genuineness of your relationship
4. Ties to home Country
if you explain these 4 factors properly then they don't care about your visit to spouse. you can mention your situation in SOP why you didn't visit your spouse.