+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit

Happy1064

Jul 3, 2020
Hi there

I applied owp in Feb online .

Medical - upfront

Biometric- done

Last update on 30 March cic asked my spouse new extend study permit so that doc I submitted on 11 may after that no update..

So anyone could give some advice it's could be positive or negative..
Got any update??

Enado

Sep 30, 2019
Applied for my wife's sowp on 21 feb(paper file from india) have not received any update after that. I am not sure if it is under process or not due to covid 19. Just want to know if any one has applied in feb and got a response?

Thanks
Applied in February and have not received any updated.

hnamson

Sep 17, 2019
Hi! I am applying for PR and an OWP, my common law partner is my sponsor.
I recently went to an immigration lawyer for a consultation and she gave me all the documents that i needed. This included
IMM5589 Document checklist
IMM1344 Application to Sponsor
IMM0008 Generic Application
IMM5669 Schedule A
IMM5406 Family Information
Common law declaration
IMM5710- OWP
What im really wondering is alot of people in this forum are saying they had a document checklist specifically for the Open work permit. The lawyer never mentioned anything about any other Document checklist except for IMM5589. Can anyone give me a run down of ALL the documents i need for not only the Open Work Permit but also the PR from inside of Canada, Im from the states and my common law partner is my sponsor

Dhara panara

Sep 11, 2020
Hello All,

I read through the forum , just wanna be clear in my case so if anyone can help me on this..
my husband got his first stage approval for his student visa on 3rd September but becoz of covid VFS are not open so his biometric is not done..
so i want to know that when can i apply for my So

rolom01

Sep 10, 2020
Hello all
Hope someone can help ....
I was full-time student , just graduated days ago. I applied 3months ago for a SOWP at the same time as my husband ( he is extending his student permit). Can I continue working while waiting for my SOWP? Thanks for your comments

eddy19

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
Timeline
Applied - 21 feb 2020 offline sowp
Medical request - 17 July
Medical sent via webform - 17 july
Medical passed - 23 july
Biomatrics letter - 23 july
Visa approved - 23 july
congratulations.
Is this approval for OWP?
I am going to apply OWP together with my wife's study permit. Is it ok to apply together or first I will get the visit visa and then apply for OWP inside Canada?
Is it ok to show the same saving account for both the permits?

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
congratulations.
Is this approval for OWP?
I am going to apply OWP together with my wife's study permit. Is it ok to apply together or first I will get the visit visa and then apply for OWP inside Canada?
Is it ok to show the same saving account for both the permits?
Thank You.
yes my wife got approved for spousal open work permit.
As per best of my knowledge It is not recommended to apply together its better if she apply for study visa first lands in Canada and start her studies and then you can apply for sowp. It is also not recommended to apply for visitor visa if your wife is applying for study permit as chances for getting a sowp approved is high as compared to visitor visa.
It will be fine to show the same saving account its better if it a joint account.

eddy19

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
Thank You.
yes my wife got approved for spousal open work permit.
As per best of my knowledge It is not recommended to apply together its better if she apply for study visa first lands in Canada and start her studies and then you can apply for sowp. It is also not recommended to apply for visitor visa if your wife is applying for study permit as chances for getting a sowp approved is high as compared to visitor visa.
It will be fine to show the same saving account its better if it a joint account.
Thanks a lot dear.

Reactions: Cannybabe

Bonfruit

Nov 4, 2020
Bonjour j'aimerais savoir si l'ambassade du canada au Ghana distribut t-elle déjà les passeport?
Car j'ai fais ma soumission depuis le 23 juillet mais j'ai toujours pas encore reçu mon passeport merci

OliviaBBB

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Hi, Can anyone suggest my options here... I am so desperate. If I go with my spouse my points are 435 If i remove him I will get 475 or maybe more... My lawyer says WE MUST go together. Sponsorship will take a year. Should I listen to her? How long am I going to sit in the pool...PLEASE any advice helps