+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit

Yousuf Rehman

Feb 13, 2014
Cambridge
Category........
CEC
Ghost update is an update when you log into your account and see Application/Profile updated, but there are no changes in any fields of the application nor you have any messages.

BDsaiful

Mar 26, 2020
Hello everyone, hope everyone is fine at your own home...I am going to apply for open work permit...what is the possibility

Can you help me

hjaura

May 4, 2020
Hi, i wanna know that after how many months from the marriage, we are eligible to apply for SOWP?
as i am on a work permit right now with NOC B job.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, i wanna know that after how many months from the marriage, we are eligible to apply for SOWP?
as i am on a work permit right now with NOC B job.
You are technically allowed right away but if you have very little relationship history like in arranged marriage we see refusals until you have proof of numerous months of relationship.

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Applied for my wife's sowp on 21 feb(paper file from india) have not received any update after that. I am not sure if it is under process or not due to covid 19. Just want to know if any one has applied in feb and got a response?

Thanks

Arshdeol2010

May 5, 2018
Applied for my wife's sowp on 21 feb(paper file from india) have not received any update after that. I am not sure if it is under process or not due to covid 19. Just want to know if any one has applied in feb and got a response?

Thanks
Hi I applied my husband file on march 17 and i got update on 21 march that your passport is dispatched. India was lockdown after. Then yesterday I received my passport with letter that your file is under processing. We are going to return your passport we will let you know when we need your passport. Because of covid-19

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi I applied my husband file on march 17 and i got update on 21 march that your passport is dispatched. India was lockdown after. Then yesterday I received my passport with letter that your file is under processing. We are going to return your passport we will let you know when we need your passport. Because of covid-19
The processing time on CIC is changed to 14 weeks from 10 weeks

RuchiBajaj

May 7, 2020
My husband applied for open work permit offline in India on 16 March and his passport was dispatched on 21 March. He has not received his passport yet as VFS offices are closed due to lockdown. Are they even processing the visas during this time? Has anyone got any approval after lockdown?
I am worried as I am in Canada on my study permit. I dont know how much more time will it take.

Srfnhmd

May 10, 2020
Hello All ,

I read through the forum , just wanna be clear in my case so if anyone can help on advising my case will be much appreciated .
I got married March 2020, planning for my wife pg coming winter session . Currently I am working for an IT firm with 9 years of experience and still having my job . in my case can you please let me know the chances of rejection if I apply open work permit once my wife gets her student permit .