+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit

Ludher

Aug 14, 2018
Actually i applied PR (express entry) 2 months later with upfront medical for me and my husband. Cic used that medical for my husband’s work permit. It was so surprising that we got the message for medical passed and final decision approved on the same day.
Moreover people do apply with upfront medical. So we just need to show the proof to the hospitals that we have applied the application.

himi

Sep 14, 2018
Actually i applied PR (express entry) 2 months later with upfront medical for me and my husband. Cic used that medical for my husband’s work permit. It was so surprising that we got the message for medical passed and final decision approved on the same day.
I see that makes sense now. I have applied my husband's work permit online in July without upfront medicals. Still waiting

manjo

Mar 7, 2011
It can take upto 6 months if u are applying from outside canada. But if u had applied for OWP after coming to canada it would have taken you less than 2 months. And if you had flagpoled, then it would have taken you 20 minutes. I wish someone had told me these things when I was applying. Best thing to do is get a visitor trv and then apply for OWP at the border. 20 mins literally. Many people I know have done it successfully.

Is there an eligibility criteria to apply spouse open work permit at the border?

manjo

Mar 7, 2011
I am in the process of applying for ICT work permit. Is it advisable to apply open work permit for my spouse with my application or better to apply from within Canada. My spouse and child has visitor visa in Canada already.

Smitbhavsar

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
Hello I applied for open work permit from Canada. My cosultant placed file from Canada online. File placed on 31 jan 2020 and I had given biometrics on 3 feb2020 how much time it will take to clear all things

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello I applied for open work permit from Canada. My cosultant placed file from Canada online. File placed on 31 jan 2020 and I had given biometrics on 3 feb2020 how much time it will take to clear all things
Is your spouse in Canada working or studying? Otherwise you don’t qualify for an open work permit. It can take numerous months to process.