+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit

LaksSuji

Oct 4, 2017
Me
Thanks for your reply.
I’m finding difficulty creating online profile for spouse work permit in CIC website. Can you help me with it?
Me and my husband applied together online. Once you open the cic website go to Sign in creation> Create GC key.. You can create your ID and password. Your email will be linked to it. Keep all the scan copies ready. There will be many questions and one by one you have to upload. You can save it and complete your application, once all documents are uploaded. There will be instructions as and when you click "Next". Hope this helps you.

LaksSuji

Oct 4, 2017
Hi
Where do they display the date of application they are working on?
I applied in August and have not got any updates at all.
Hello,
Click on check processing times. It will ask what type of visa you are applying. If its spouse work permit then click on "Work permit extension (new employer)

LaksSuji

Oct 4, 2017
Can anyone reply how much time does it take for stamping visa? I have submitted my passport on 27th of Nov'17 through Vfs and while tracking it still shows proceesing at Bangalore visa office. Stamping visa takes time?

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
Hello,
We applied for my wife's SOWP (with upfront medicals) on Oct 21 online since she is in Canada as a visitor. We haven't got any update yet. Do you know the processing time if you apply from within Canada?

LaksSuji

Oct 4, 2017
Am also apply open work permit 17 june but still not rply .am apply online .
Hi,
I too had applied online on May 25th 2017 and got approval on Nov 26th. You may have to wait around 6 months. Try using the webform of IRCC. Make sure you have attached all the documents including the optional ones as they will not inform you what is missing.

Last edited:

msingh1109

Jan 21, 2018
Hey Tin,

I have also applied for spousal open work permit on 17th July & It says the file being processes to the Bangalore visa office. They told my wife 9 weeks as a processing time but it's been 15 weeks & still I'm waiting for the medical request... I'm also hoping for the best & you know the worst part is they are having call centers and email-Id given on Vfs website but they are saying the same thing which we can see on tracking page... So there's no use of contact details....

Parth Shah.
Dear Shah,
i need your help in applying student spouse visa like what docs have you submitted and if anything we need to care...while applying?

Kartikey111

Oct 23, 2017
Hi,
I too had applied online on May 25th 2017 and got approval on Nov 26th. You may have to wait around 6 months. Try using the webform of IRCC. Make sure you have attached all the documents including the optional ones as they will not inform you what is missing.
Did you get the visa?

visssu

Oct 1, 2017
Hi ,

i got married in Nov 2017, and my wife is STUDYING in CANADA .
Medicals are done

i have few questions that-

1) Are the property documents need to be shown for the Applicant?
2)What are the Main reasons for Rejection?
3)Which Process is better for Spousal sponsership ONLINE or OFFLINE?

Please reply me.

please suggest me the above things.
it would be greatfull.

Thanks in advance.

kv09

Jan 30, 2018
Hi,

I am having an active PR Status and left Canada, only 10 days after my first landing due to personal reasons. However, now I am going back to Canada on Feb'18 to start afresh. My status at the time when PR was granted was single and now I am married.

I had recently applied for the wife's TRV and that has been granted and visa stamped (visit visa valid until passport expires).

She is flying with me to Canada in Feb'18, wherein I will be on a PR entry and she will be accompanying me on her visitor visa.

A few queries that I have are as follows:
1. In case I am on a PR and she is on a Visitor Visa. Will there be any issues that we might face at the Canadian Border Immigration?

2. Can I apply for her Open Work Permit (OWP) as soon as we land in Canada, without having to actually wait for, to apply for her PR application?

Post reading through this thread, I could find that there are mentions to get the OWP right when you make entry at the airport. Is that possible?

Can someone please help.

Thanks!!

Shruti Desai

Jan 25, 2018
Hello,
I have a study permit for 1 year

And I have applied for an Open work permit for my Spouse from India on 15th December 2017 with upfront Medical
We have not received any update from CIC till date.
Plzz help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

And I have applied for an Open work permit for my Spouse from India on 15th December 2017 with upfront Medical
Plzz help
This isn't unusual. Processing can take a number of months and what you're experiencing is normal. Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do but wait.

Amansivan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
Hello,

Plzz help
Hey did you get your application approved, or any updates about

Nani Ala

Oct 20, 2017
Hi,

Currently im on OWP in canada and got the job.But my permit expires in july 2018.
Can i apply for OWP extension along with my spouse PGWP application please help me if any one have information on this.