My timeline
Applied sowp (upfront medicals) on 12th oct
Got Confirmation mail on 13th oct
Medical exams passed - 31st oct
Passport request-8th Nov
Passport submitted- 14th Nov

Waiting for further updates
Congratulations Ashnasan,

From where did you applied? Vfs or CIC? You have got very quick response...

Ashnasan1

Oct 3, 2017
Hi,
Congrats Ashnasan.. You applied online? Just wanted to know from where did you apply because cic shows working on applications received on Aug 17, 2017.
Thank you
Yes i applied online from India.
In cic site , its still showing 14 weeks of processing time. But i got a mail for passport submission within one month. That was surprising.

Aug 7, 2016
Hi,
I need help applying for Spouse open work permit.
I'm on study permit which expires on July 2018 abd my fiance is on her PGWP and expires in Apr 2019. We got married last week and got our marriage certificate. Need help regarding the forms to be filled and documents.

LaksSuji

Oct 4, 2017
Hey Tin,

I have also applied for spousal open work permit on 17th July & It says the file being processes to the Bangalore visa office. They told my wife 9 weeks as a processing time but it's been 15 weeks & still I'm waiting for the medical request... I'm also hoping for the best & you know the worst part is they are having call centers and email-Id given on Vfs website but they are saying the same thing which we can see on tracking page... So there's no use of contact details....

Parth Shah.
Hi Parth,

Did you get any update from cic? I am still waiting for an outcome which was applied on 25th May 2017.

LaksSuji

Oct 4, 2017
Hi,
I need help applying for Spouse open work permit.
I'm on study permit which expires on July 2018 abd my fiance is on her PGWP and expires in Apr 2019. We got married last week and got our marriage certificate. Need help regarding the forms to be filled and documents.
Hi Jatin,
If you are applying through cic website, you need to upload your marriage certificate, passport copy, funds statement, medical etc.

shahparth5864

Nov 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
05-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-07-2018
File Transfer...
18-12-2018
Hi Parth,

Did you get any update from cic? I am still waiting for an outcome which was applied on 25th May 2017.
Hey Laks,

My wife has got the medical request on last friday & she has booked an appointment on 22nd october. After submitting the medical report in Vfs, She'll get her visa printed within 2 weeks of time. I don't think there will be any problem after getting medical request now... I have aslo booked a flight ticket for her... So hoping for best & asap...

Reactions: LaksSuji

LaksSuji

Oct 4, 2017
Hey Laks,

My wife has got the medical request on last friday & she has booked an appointment on 22nd october. After submitting the medical report in Vfs, She'll get her visa printed within 2 weeks of time. I don't think there will be any problem after getting medical request now... I have aslo booked a flight ticket for her... So hoping for best & asap...
Wow.. Good to hear that... congradulations... I have cleared my medical too in June but no reply yet.. Don't know what they are waiting for..

shahparth5864

Nov 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
05-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-07-2018
File Transfer...
18-12-2018
Wow.. Good to hear that... congradulations... I have cleared my medical too in June but no reply yet.. Don't know what they are waiting for..
Your's is upfront medical... So I don't have any idea for upfront case but one of my friend called his wife last month & she got the passport request in a week after she submitted the medical.

Reactions: LaksSuji
Aug 7, 2016
I need help regarding dependent/spousal work permit.

I came in Canada on study permit in Sep 2016 and have a valid study permit until july 2018. My course completes in April 2018. But I left my course in between after completion of 2 semesters as my fiance was in Manitoba and my course was in Ontario. I moved in Manitoba in sep 2017 and we both got married last month and received Marriage certificate.

My wife has completed 2 years study in canada and is on her PGWP until Apr 2019. She is working full time at Walmart pharmacy with NOC category B.

We have all the required documents like my study permit, my wife's offer letter with her duties, 3 paystubs of my wife, marriage certificate.

I'm planned to get work permit on her dependency. Can anyone help us in this matter. We want to appply for my spousal work permit as soon as possible.

Niveditha87

Nov 27, 2017
Hi,
Congrats Ashnasan.. You applied online? Just wanted to know from where did you apply because cic shows working on applications received on Aug 17, 2017.
Hi
Where do they display the date of application they are working on?
I applied in August and have not got any updates at all.

anna@88

Nov 30, 2017
Hi,
have few question related to the visa application. I would like to apply for the study permit for my doctoral study.

A. I have two family member i.e my husband and my daughter(infant 9months). We are an Indian citizen. How to apply for the dependent visa? Do I need to apply separately or can be done in one application?

B. In the online application, there is option visa for tourism and visa of other types? which option should I choose for my husband and baby!

C. My husband will take care of my baby for initial months she is very small. In future, if he interested to work !? Can he apply for work permit after TRV . or it is better to apply directly for Work permit
?