+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Currently im on OWP in canada and got the job.But my permit expires in july 2018.
Can i apply for OWP extension along with my spouse PGWP application please help me if any one have information on this.
Your spouse need a job that is NOC 0, A or B and 3 pay slips until you can extend your OWP.

Nani Ala

Oct 20, 2017
Your spouse need a job that is NOC 0, A or B and 3 pay slips until you can extend your OWP.
Thanks.So if my spouse didnt get the job, then i cant extend even if im having full time job ?
Also let me know spouse job should be full time or part time ?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks.So if my spouse didnt get the job, then i cant extend even if im having full time job ?
Also let me know spouse job should be full time or part time ?
Yes you will have to stop working as soon as your SOWP runs out. You should maintain your status and become a visitor. You can reapply once your spouse has a job in noc 0,a,b and 3 pay slips.

Nani Ala

Oct 20, 2017
Yes you will have to stop working as soon as your SOWP runs out. You should maintain your status and become a visitor. You can reapply once your spouse has a job in noc 0,a,b and 3 pay slips.
Thanks.Spouse job can be either part time or full time ?

Rezwan08

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hello folks , need an urgent help.

I applied for my Spouse 's Open work permit online and I got a request for addition documents .It states like this
''Communication, proof: Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills), between you and your sponsor - Pre and Post Marriage.'

And then 'Please note ,All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation'.

So , should I provide fb msg's and whatsapp call list from few months before we got married or I have to go back more than 6-7 months before we got married ??
And face book messages were in native language sometimes , do I have to make a certification of those texts ??

Any direction would help.
TIA

nikhileshvyas

Jun 25, 2018
TORONTO
I had applied an open work permit for my wife but the processing time has been passed.
Now its 6 months now
Even contacted with MP

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS

Any suggestions. Please comment.

LaksSuji

Oct 4, 2017
I had applied an open work permit for my wife but the processing time has been passed.
Now its 6 months now
Even contacted with MP

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS

Any suggestions. Please comment.
Hi Nikhil,
I got my Spouse open work permit after 6 months. I applied on May 25th and I got passport request on Nov 26th. Use the web form from cic website for exceeding the normal processing time and ask them if they need any other documents.

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
I’ll be traveling to Canada this August on multiple entry visitor Visa which is valid till 2023 end along with my spouse who is moving there on her study permit which is valid of 5 years.

I would like to know the process to apply OWP for me and can I apply this permit at POE?

Mandeeprandhawa23

Jul 14, 2018
Hi
Hi Nikhil,
I got my Spouse open work permit after 6 months. I applied on May 25th and I got passport request on Nov 26th. Use the web form from cic website for exceeding the normal processing time and ask them if they need any other documents.
Hi Nikhil,
Hi, did you get the medical request after 6 months or the visa? I have applied for my husband on march 19. Still waiting for medical request. Its gona be 5 months on coming 19. Still showing "checking eligibility requirements" in the cic account.

Paayel

Mar 6, 2017
Can anybody tell me plz..
my fiance has applied for his pr, it's in process. He has got open work permit a few years back. He is working and living in Canada since 4 years.
As his fiance or if we get married, can I apply for owp before he receives his pr? Or I have to find an employer?
I had searched many places where I have found a student visa holders spouse can apply for owp but haven't found my answer.

Ludher

Aug 14, 2018
Got PPR today
Applied online sowp 29 april
Medical provided 1 august(without cic request)
Medical passed 23 august
Final decision showing approved.

himi

Sep 14, 2018
Got PPR today
Applied online sowp 29 april
Medical provided 1 august(without cic request)
Medical passed 23 august
Final decision showing approved.
How did you submit medical without request. Did hospitals allowed this?

Ludher

Aug 14, 2018
How did you submit medical without request. Did hospitals allowed this?
Actually i applied PR (express entry) 2 months later with upfront medical for me and my husband. Cic used that medical for my husband’s work permit. It was so surprising that we got the message for medical passed and final decision approved on the same day.