+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

ufarooqi1981

Aug 3, 2016
Got my SOWP approved and Visa Stamped. Big Thanks to this group and everyone who helped out. keep up the good work guys.

So for the timelines

Applied Online: 9th June 2016
Medical: Not required as i live in Hungary.
Average processing time from Hungary: 6 weeks
Received Passport request: 8th Sep 2016
Passport received: 16th Sep 2016.

Thanks & Best wishes to all those who are waiting. Good luck guys

Freebirdgadoozle

Aug 3, 2015
ufarooqi1981 said:
Got my SOWP approved and Visa Stamped. Big Thanks to this group and everyone who helped out. keep up the good work guys.

So for the timelines

Applied Online: 9th June 2016
Medical: Not required as i live in Hungary.
Average processing time from Hungary: 6 weeks
Received Passport request: 8th Sep 2016
Passport received: 16th Sep 2016.

Thanks & Best wishes to all those who are waiting. Good luck guys
Hello,

I don't understand, SOWP is for inland applicants. How come you are in Hungary?

guru1313

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
09/01/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello everyone

Anyone knows the procedure of reconsideration

Jayamrutia

Apr 4, 2014
Hello guys. i have a situation here. please help me
i have submitted upfront medical which was EDE type. but the medical request i got is for non-EDE type. what should i do? should i do medical again or hospital can transform EDE medical to non-EDE and resubmit it again?

any insights will be appreciated.
thanks in advance.

online application from india.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Jayamrutia said:
Hello guys. i have a situation here. please help me
i have submitted upfront medical which was EDE type. but the medical request i got is for non-EDE type. what should i do? should i do medical again or hospital can transform EDE medical to non-EDE and resubmit it again?

any insights will be appreciated.
thanks in advance.

online application from india.
What you submitted in the first place is wrong. Its stands for excessive demand exempt, which can only be the case if your spouse is already a PR or citizen. For all regular economic class immigration and work permit applications, the medicals are Non EDE.

I have seen CIC ask for medicals again in this scenario. But i can't say for sure what happens for you. They might let it go or might not. Better to check with your doctor.

Did you have a medical condition which might put some burden on Canadian health care system though not a risk to public? I wonder why / how your medical type was chosen to be EDE.

anuragshah89

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Hello Guys,
My wife got open work permit rejection 3 times.
First time we applied on November 2015 and she got rejected for following reasons:
- Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- length of proposed stay in Canada
- Purpose of visit
- Personal assets and financial status
Second time we applied on February 2016 and got rejection for following reasons:
- from the documents you have submitted to support your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements under C42 issuance.
Third time we applied on July 2016 and got rejection for following reasons:
- Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- employment prospectus in country of residence
- current employment situation
- Purpose of visit
- Spouse’s current employment in Canada

I was on student visa when we applied for 2 times but during 3rd time my status was work permit and I was having a full time job(NOC B).

I am really pissed off with this process and I have no clue. Please guys advise me what should I do now?

Jayamrutia

Apr 4, 2014
fkl said:
What you submitted in the first place is wrong. Its stands for excessive demand exempt, which can only be the case if your spouse is already a PR or citizen. For all regular economic class immigration and work permit applications, the medicals are Non EDE.

I have seen CIC ask for medicals again in this scenario. But i can't say for sure what happens for you. They might let it go or might not. Better to check with your doctor.

Did you have a medical condition which might put some burden on Canadian health care system though not a risk to public? I wonder why / how your medical type was chosen to be EDE.
Thnx FLK. i didnt know about EDE and Non-ede. all we told to hospital is that we want to apply for work permit so we want to do medical and they did this. as far as we know, we do not have any condition which might endenger canadian health care system. is it better to do non-ede type and submit bro?

Jayamrutia

Apr 4, 2014
fkl said:

Hello FLK,
I have talked with the hospital about my case. they told my medical was of non-ede type. but the problem is as i have done upfront medical they have uploaded it in UMI where as the immigration officer is looking for my medical in IMI. hospital even refused to do re medical for 1 year ! they told me to let the CIC know where to look for medical. how i can let CIC know where to look for medical? is CSE good option? is there any other thing i can do?

thanx

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
fkl said:
Assuming you are on a skilled work permit in Canada, chances of refusal on a short term visitor visa for spouse are relatively high because generally it is hard to prove such an intent. Celebrating diwali together might be a reason but they will always look at this as a potential immigrant case unless proven otherwise. So unless your husband has a very strong profile so that CIC is convinced he won't stay here illegally / overstay, it won't work out.

The more appropriate way would be to apply for SOWP if you qualify so he comes and lives here with you for as long as you are here.
Thanks FKL,I am on Skilled work permit and NOC B list.My post graduation work permit expires in June 26th /2017.I have already received my file number for Ontario PNP but waiting for the nomination still.So far with all the suggestions ,I am going to re-apply for the Spouse open work permit but waiting for the GCMS notes.

If I apply in Oct15th for the new application ,Will I be still OK ,since I the work permit has to be valid for more than 6 months and I can extend .But these ppl usually take more than 2 months for processing right. and should I include my PNP file number though I didn't get the nomination.

I have called the CIC in canada,to check the reconsideration details.Since we have sent the files through mail for reconsideration,the CIC agetn said I can put CSE and check the status if they are accepting my app for reconsideration or not.Can I take the CIC agent words as they tell new information every time you call them :)

thank you for all the suggestions your providing.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Jayamrutia said:
Hello FLK,
I have talked with the hospital about my case. they told my medical was of non-ede type. but the problem is as i have done upfront medical they have uploaded it in UMI where as the immigration officer is looking for my medical in IMI. hospital even refused to do re medical for 1 year ! they told me to let the CIC know where to look for medical. how i can let CIC know where to look for medical? is CSE good option? is there any other thing i can do?

thanx
Sending CSE is your only option. Try it out right away and see what happens.

Otherwise your only option is to get medicals done some where else and get those submitted correctly.

No one external like us could have visibility into whether a CIC VO can locate it or not.

I would send a CSE providing as much detail possible (info received from hospital) then resend info another 20 or so days latter.

If i dont get any update post a month (i believe you are given 60 days for medicals), i would get a new medial from another place, inform them already of what happened and ensure they upload every thing right.

Jayamrutia

Apr 4, 2014
fkl said:
Sending CSE is your only option. Try it out right away and see what happens.

Otherwise your only option is to get medicals done some where else and get those submitted correctly.

No one external like us could have visibility into whether a CIC VO can locate it or not.

I would send a CSE providing as much detail possible (info received from hospital) then resend info another 20 or so days latter.

If i dont get any update post a month (i believe you are given 60 days for medicals), i would get a new medial from another place, inform them already of what happened and ensure they upload every thing right.
Thank ypu FLK. I did submitted CSE explaining situation clearly and attaching imm 1017 form and medical information form that i got from hospital. Lets hope they will locate it.

Another thing is they only gave me 30 days to submit medical. Which is very less if they couldnt able to locate my medical. I will wait for 5 business day to see if they acknowledge me about my CSE. Otherwise as u suggested i ll do medical again in different location and submit it.

TorontoMo

Dec 14, 2014
My wife's SOWP was rejected this morning with reason by VO as 'I'm unsatisfied with relationship' WTF. I have sent an email to Delhi Consular for reconsideration with all proofs of our relationship (whatsapp, skype, phone calls, wedding and honeymoon pictures, insurance beneficiaries, my will which has wife as a beneficiary, passport copy which has my name as husband, marriage certificate, wedding invitation card, and more).

Experts, do you think they will reconsider my application or should I reapply? Please help out folks, I will appreciate.

mistbelle

May 7, 2012
Abu Dhabi , UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yadav said:
anuragshah89,

better ur spouse will secure a US visitor visa and then try for canada
hi yadav, i got rejected from work permit once and visit visa three times. i hav a us visitor visa valid for 10 years, how do try then for canada? using the us visitor visa.