+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

karanvirs

Aug 6, 2018
Hi All, Request you to please guide me on this:

If I need more space to explain my situation, CIC recommends to attach a separate sheet of paper. My question is - where shall I attach this sheet of paper? Do I need to attach with the online form or separately? Please help me on this.

Thanks

Robin5555

May 11, 2021
I am about to start preparing Outland spousal sponsorship for my wife. should I apply paper based or submit online application? Please advise

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am about to start preparing Outland spousal sponsorship for my wife. should I apply paper based or submit online application? Please advise
Look carefully and decide whichever is more convenient for you. I'd only go the online way if it was much more convenient (in terms of organising docs and sending, esp if eg spouse in different country).

The online is a pilot programme - meaning BETA. There is no evidence it\s faster, and recently longer for the first step (known as AOR).

Up to you of course.

Reactions: Robin5555

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello All,

I am recently got married and about to start my application to sponsor my wife, is there any page or article i can get step by step process.

I don't know where to start and what docs needed.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It was the ideal pitch, we have already run out of ideas what else to think. Most likely they refuse because the husband does not have his own housing in the country of origin. Only my apartment. Before leaving for Canada with a child, we sold his apartment without thinking that this could be a problem for obtaining a visa. The business was indicated, the movement of funds in the bank account was also indicated, the availability of money. Just dropped your hands
Sorry to hear that. In that case I don't think applying for the TRV again makes sense and the only realistic option is to have the Canadian sponsor visit the applicant (sorry, I'm confused by which is the husband).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
How to know if your file is waiting for interview ....my medical are going to expire nxt month no news from 1 year
Sometimes applicants are notified of need to schedule an interview. Otherwise most find out by ordering gcms notes or contacting mp (in gcms notes there is often a line 'interview recommended' or similar).

Writer007

Apr 19, 2021
Sometimes applicants are notified of need to schedule an interview. Otherwise most find out by ordering gcms notes or contacting mp (in gcms notes there is often a line 'interview recommended' or similar).
I ordered gcms notes, didnot get rply
I asked mp for help, he told that file is in process

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Buenas tardes, una consulta
soy de Ecuador y mi esposo es Canadiense, hoy nos devolvieron los documentos por que faltan los certificados penales. Mi pregunta es Yo debo de enviar los antecedentes penales de mi país o tengo que pedirle a la policia de Canada que me de un certificado penal.. por que envie mis antecedentes penales que me dieron en mi país y creo que eso no es suficiente. otra consulta mi esposo tambien debe de presentar sus antecedentes penales ??? Espero alguien me puede ayudar

soodyassh

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Hello friends !!!

PA in India
I m Canadian PR

I have applied Outland spousal application as
Applied - 4 Dec 2020
App received - 11 Dec 2020
AOR - 5 Feb 2021
Biometric req. - 16 Feb 2021
Medical request - 19 Feb 2021
Biometric given - 21 Feb 2021
Medical submitted - 23 Feb 2021
Spousal Approval Letter - 25 Feb 2021
Biometric passed - 26 Feb 2021
Medical Passed - 5 March 2021
ECAS shows we started processing your file as on 19 March 2021.

I have recently contacted MP and he got an information as under -

NDVO
Sponsor Eligibility- Passed
Main Applicant Eligibility - In Processing
Criminality check - Passed
Security check - Has not Started yet.

kindly please give your opinion , how much more time the Security check took . And when I can expect the decision made.

Esty4Ademi

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Hello All
Plsssss for my sister if ur online application some of the forms are returned for missing signatures and she has sign and return pls will it go back to join the quene from the back again before giving AOR? Pls anyone that has pass through this should pls give me an answer

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
To some experts/veterans in the group - Does it make a spousal PR application more complex and take more time to process if the Sponsor and the PA are prior divorcees before currently marrying each other? Provided all the divorce related docs are submitted in good order.

acerbico423

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
hey guys, i have sponsored my mom through the PGP application and now might have to sponsor a spouse in future (if and when i get married). i wanted to know the income requirement in this case as i had already sponsored my mom. do i need to show an annual income of $33000 for sponsoring the spouse after i had sponsored my mother?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
To some experts/veterans in the group - Does it make a spousal PR application more complex and take more time to process if the Sponsor and the PA are prior divorcees before currently marrying each other? Provided all the divorce related docs are submitted in good order.
Yes, they do look at this a bit more carefully, including divorce docs, but on its own not a problem - other factors important too. Length of relationship and how long both divorced for example will be looked at. (Eg both just divorced and just married will be a harder case)