+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

manassahu700

Jan 28, 2022
Hello Everyone, Recently I got married like normal Indian wedding ceremonies including celebrations like Haldi, Mehndi, Marriage and Reception ceremonies. But my engagement ceremony was conducted 6 month before and I didn't attend my engagement ceremony. As per our tradition, our families of both the bride and the groom meet at a temple and completed our nirbandh(engagement).

I have photos of my family members on that day but I am not sure if I need to mention the details of my engagement ceremony in my application or I can skip that part in my application. Please provide your valuable suggestions..

karthikm

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-03-2019 (ITA)
AOR Received.
05-05-2019
Passport Req..
10-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2020
LANDED..........
15-03-2020
Any specific reason(s) an application is not making progress after its marked as Decision Made? Its been 56 days since "DM". Outland Spousal sponsorship - NDVO.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
We just got our pre-arrival letter!

Last contact was Nov 8 when they requested additional documents, which we sent in early december. I assume this means that they viewed the documents?In GCKey they still show as 'uploaded'.

What are the chances of a rejection at this stage?

Pranaysh90

Feb 3, 2020
I am principal applicant. Should I fill supplementary travel information form 5562 even if I have never traveled outside my country of birth and residence?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Most of our updates have happened on the weekend. Any idea why this is? Being a gov't agency, they don't normally work weekends.
Do you know that about govt or just heard it?

So, first, that 'they don't work weekends' stuff is before computers, and was probably always a myth anyway (sure the official office hours had no weekends and 'front office' different). Obviously depending on position/location. But especially abroad and with different time zones - was never exactly true (M-F is not a universal thing). Also they use computers that do batch stuff (at times of low demand) - when the email goes out is not when something happened, necessarily. Supervisors in particular might do approvals/sign-offs all at once to catch up (yeah, not during office hours - that's when they have to do conference calls and all that).

Now with covid and so many people working distance and from home / using devices / etc - completely different. (If you're a supervisor and have to do sign-offs that mean going through a particular app or specialized website etc - they do it in batches. (Otherwise too many different UIs cause brain distraction)

Note, I've no real inside info here - but I've worked in a place that had a similar rep, and behind the scenes wasn't true.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Does it start with X? Then its a temp AOR. Your AOR would be another email without the X.
X is a temporary number for but it shows they are preparing your file....XF××××××××× or XT××××××× etc are temporary application file number but the main number ends with the X letter been taking away.....So the original number will start from F××××××.....Temporary is XF000000563 and the original number will end up been F000000563.....same number but just omitting of the first letter X

tusharn

Jul 29, 2021
Hi, I’m filling out the form 5532 to sponsor my wife. What do I write in client ID number?

Also, I moved to Canada from US in November but I’m still continuing my work from home US job. So I’ll just mention my US employer and its US address in the employment history section? Will that be fine?

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Hi, I’m filling out the form 5532 to sponsor my wife. What do I write in client ID number?
If you don't have a UCI, or you don't know it, you can keep it blank.

Also, I moved to Canada from US in November but I’m still continuing my work from home US job. So I’ll just mention my US employer and its US address in the employment history section? Will that be fine?
Yup, if it's your current 'home office' it will be fine.

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Hola, soy de Colombia. Aquí se debe esperar a que el gobierno los solicite y con ese orden es que se pueden realizar. Aquí te dejo el enlace para que revise como se debe hacer de acuerdo a tu país. El certificado es para la persona apadrinada (para que demuestre que no será un "peligro" para el gobierno Canadiense)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/ecuador.html
[/CITA]
Hola, ok muchas gracias por la información

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Hola a todos

tu consulta en el formulario IMM5406 indica que debes de escribir en Frances y en tu lengua materna ???? es decir envio dos formulario, me han devueltos los papeles y me dicen que revise la guía..... pero estamos confundidos con mi esposo que debemos de hacer en este formulario. adicional estoy viajando co mi hijo de 18 años me dicen que el tiene que llenar su propio formulario, pero mi pregunta es Que pone en la primera linea donde dice demandeur...... ???

basyaq

Jan 7, 2019
Hello everyone I just want to ask how long to receive AOR? I sponsor my son I submitted the documents October first week but until now I don’t receive email.thank you.

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Hola a todos, solo quiero preguntar cuánto tiempo para recibir AOR. Patrocino a mi hijo. Envié los documentos la primera semana de octubre, pero hasta ahora no recibo correo electrónico. Gracias.
[/CITA]
Hola por lo general son dos meses que te envian el primer correo, ya deberías de haber recibido