Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I did have a UCI when I applied for my PR back in 2015. Do I need to enter that?
Just don't put any number or UCI there but the system will still find the same number fir you when you apply....The system will identify your date of birth and name give back the old UCI number....!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just don't put any number or UCI there but the system will still find the same number fir you when you apply....The system will identify your date of birth and name give back the old UCI number....!!
While I agree with this ... giving your old UCI number will almost certainly not hurt (unless you got it wrong).

AND: if you have a very common name, have changed your name, or a few other uncommon scenarios - it MIGHT help or at least reduce the chances of an inadvertent mismatch.

So mostly I'd include it if you know it.

Reactions: tusharn

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Yes, they do look at this a bit more carefully, including divorce docs, but on its own not a problem - other factors important too. Length of relationship and how long both divorced for example will be looked at. (Eg both just divorced and just married will be a harder case)
Thanks for your response. The thing is, I (the sponsor) got divorced n re-married in the space of 4 months. But my wife had a gap of 4 years before we married. I was away from my ex for more than 2 years (before i got married again), but i didn't mention this in the spousal PR application. All docs are in good order though and no other complexities involved. Will it take more time for them to give the AOR?
And me and my spouse were in touch for a year before we married, for which proofs were provided.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I was away from my ex for more than 2 years (before i got married again), but i didn't mention this in the spousal PR application. ... Will it take more time for them to give the AOR?
And me and my spouse were in touch for a year before we married, for which proofs were provided.
It would have been better to specify that you were separated for two years before getting divorced. You may want to addd a short letter of explanation to this effect.

But note: fairly unlikely this will be an issue at AOR stage - it should not delay your AOR. So you could send such a short letter after AOR when you will have a UCI number.

Your info about being in touch will probably call it anyway.

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
It would have been better to specify that you were separated for two years before getting divorced. You may want to addd a short letter of explanation to this effect.

But note: fairly unlikely this will be an issue at AOR stage - it should not delay your AOR. So you could send such a short letter after AOR when you will have a UCI number.

Your info about being in touch will probably call it anyway.
Me and my current spouse already have UCIs (her, from previous visit visa application). Thanks so much for your response again!

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
@armoured
who is permitted to make enquiry on an application? The sponsor or principal applicant? All emails come through the sponsor and the application is linked to his account, he's acting as a representative. I am a principal applicant and I sent emails today to make enquiry about the status of my application. Will the information be disclosed to me or I shouldn't have taken that step?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@armoured
who is permitted to make enquiry on an application? The sponsor or principal applicant? All emails come through the sponsor and the application is linked to his account, he's acting as a representative. I am a principal applicant and I sent emails today to make enquiry about the status of my application. Will the information be disclosed to me or I shouldn't have taken that step?
Principal applicant and representative can always inquire. No idea whether they'll respond to an email or not though.

Reactions: Penny.a

tusharn

Jul 29, 2021
While I agree with this ... giving your old UCI number will almost certainly not hurt (unless you got it wrong).

AND: if you have a very common name, have changed your name, or a few other uncommon scenarios - it MIGHT help or at least reduce the chances of an inadvertent mismatch.

So mostly I'd include it if you know it.
Thanks for your responses! Another question I had - my spouse already has an ongoing FSW application but obviously there hasn’t been any movement there. So, putting in a spousal sponsorship application for her won’t be any problem, right?

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
I have submitted my spouse's PR application online and we both have signed the required forms. My signature though, seems a bit faded due to getting the document scanned twice. But it is visible. Will that be a problem?
AOR still awaited.

tusharn

Jul 29, 2021
I have submitted my spouse's PR application online and we both have signed the required forms. My signature though, seems a bit faded due to getting the document scanned twice. But it is visible. Will that be a problem?
AOR still awaited.
Aren’t we supposed to mail in our docs? How have you submitted them online?

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
We did not appoint a representative. But i did fill in a use of rep form, as I, the sponsor, am representing the PA. But the problem is, instead of signing on section 8 of IMM5476, I've signed at the bottom on section 10 of the form, alongside my spouse's signature. Will this be an issue?

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
@armoured
Any body or any one of you could....but let the sponsor filled the use of representative form and become the consultant as indicated...that helps and in that way, when you receive anything, you share with the principal applicant....However, anything you are requesting for information on the application as the sponsor or representative, you must provide the principal applicants name, date of birth, UCI number, place of birth, application number, address or receipt number if you have any.....

Fortunately, all responses will always be addressed in the principal applicants name although the sponsor or representative may do the enquiry or request but ircc will address the PA rather...That is the policy!!

Thanks

Last edited: