CCTeheran

Jan 6, 2022
Barranquilla, Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Buenas tardes, una consulta
soy de Ecuador y mi esposo es Canadiense, hoy nos devolvieron los documentos por que faltan los certificados penales. Mi pregunta es Yo debo de enviar los antecedentes penales de mi país o tengo que pedirle a la policia de Canada que me de un certificado penal.. por que envie mis antecedentes penales que me dieron en mi país y creo que eso no es suficiente. otra consulta mi esposo tambien debe de presentar sus antecedentes penales ??? Espero alguien me puede ayudar
Hola, yo soy de Colombia. Aquí se debe esperar a que el gobierno los solicite y con esa orden es que se pueden realizar. Aquí te dejo el link para que revises como se debe hacer de acuerdo a tu país. El certificado es para la persona apadrinada (para que demuestre que no será un "peligro" para el gobierno Canadiense)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/ecuador.html

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hello All
Plsssss for my sister if ur online application some of the forms are returned for missing signatures and she has sign and return pls will it go back to join the quene from the back again before giving AOR? Pls anyone that has pass through this should pls give me an answer
Yes, the app timeline would start again.

Writer007

Apr 19, 2021
Hello friends !!!

PA in India
I m Canadian PR

I have applied Outland spousal application as
Applied - 4 Dec 2020
App received - 11 Dec 2020
AOR - 5 Feb 2021
Biometric req. - 16 Feb 2021
Medical request - 19 Feb 2021
Biometric given - 21 Feb 2021
Medical submitted - 23 Feb 2021
Spousal Approval Letter - 25 Feb 2021
Biometric passed - 26 Feb 2021
Medical Passed - 5 March 2021
ECAS shows we started processing your file as on 19 March 2021.

I have recently contacted MP and he got an information as under -

NDVO
Sponsor Eligibility- Passed
Main Applicant Eligibility - In Processing
Criminality check - Passed
Security check - Has not Started yet.

kindly please give your opinion , how much more time the Security check took . And when I can expect the decision made.
I am sept 2020 applicant , my timeline is same as you....heard no news since march 19

garg1976

Dec 6, 2021
I have sponsored my wife PR but it is almost more than 1 year, we also got PFL which we sent the response. It is 2 months we sent the response but no reply yet, when do you see the reply will come, now we are thinking of applying for her visitor visa to Canada, do you see a problem in it , will it be rejected or accepted, i asked IRCC and they said ou can apply for visitor visa if you like.. please advise, thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have sponsored my wife PR but it is almost more than 1 year, we also got PFL which we sent the response. It is 2 months we sent the response but no reply yet, when do you see the reply will come, now we are thinking of applying for her visitor visa to Canada, do you see a problem in it , will it be rejected or accepted, i asked IRCC and they said ou can apply for visitor visa if you like.. please advise, thanks
Since you didn't mention what the pfl was about, doibt anyone can say anything useful.

Apply for trv. Chances are much better of getting one if you apply.

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
I've tried posting a new thread specific to my case, which this thread from 12 years ago does not answer, and there's over 2500 pages of replies to shuffle through. My thread was posted on Sunday and is still awaiting approval? I've never had any of my threads stuck waiting for approval, and if I did the waiting time was not noticeable. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spouse-or-common-law-partner-in-canada-class.756090/

Should I just copy paste it here instead? Here's its content:

Hi everyone.

I have recently received my Permanent Residency.

My fiancee and I will get married late this September, and the wedding will be conducted outside Canada.

Afterwards we will return to Canada together.

The goal is for me to sponsor her under the Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

Currently we intend for her to come to Canada using her eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization).

While she is in Canada we will start her PR application (sponsored), as well as apply for an open work permit in case it is processed faster than her PR.

We understand that while her application is still ongoing she should not leave Canada, and there are no plans to leave until she receives any update for her PR application.

We also understand that it can take some time for the application to be concluded (between 3 months, to 12, and more even).

My concerns right now are:

1. what happens when her eTA stay limit is reached? It is typically 6 months, so how do we go about extending it while in Canada, or can it even be extended? Since she cannot leave at risk of her application being terminated, or being denied entry, renovation by flagpolling (for example) is not an option
  2. when she goes through the border the first time should we inform the officer of her intentions and explain she plans on staying for at least 6 months for the purpose of Inland Spousal Sponsorship PR application, or should we instead say she will be staying for about 3 months as a tourist?
  3. following the above, since she will be staying under my care, but I will be accompanying her, do I have to write some sort of letter or term of responsibility?
  4. most important, is the plan above the correct way of doing this? I understand that there is also the option of applying while she is outside Canada, but we would prefer to leave that as a last resort, so we decided on the above, but we cannot find anything clear for us to understand if the above is the right or best way of doing this

Jan 27, 2022
hello everyone I am new here.can some please help out.I received an email today from the visa office in Dakar

Dear client,

Please be informed that your file is currently on hold for operational reasons. Your passport is available for pick-up.

Please contact your courier-company for the withdrawal.

Regards,

I am not sure what they meant by file on hold for operational reasons.we sent the passport little over eight weeks ago.my anxiety is over the roof please any one with an idea.

Muthu04

Jan 27, 2022
Hello everyone,
I received my sponsor approval letter today and no visa office is mentioned in that. This means that my application will be moved to New Delhi? As I am an outland profile applied from India.

Nightisyang

Jan 27, 2022
Hi my wife is a Canadian citizen and we are both living outside Canada. is it possible for her the sponsor my PR and we continue living outside Canada for say 10 more years before moving to Canada? She has friends and relatives in Canada to help write the letter saying they can accommodate us in Canada while looking for accommodation.
also, will I have to pay taxes on my assets once my PR is approved?
Also my wife is not working but I’m earning a pretty decent salapry.can she still sponsor me?

Last edited:

garg1976

Dec 6, 2021
Hi my wife is a Canadian citizen and we are both living outside Canada. is it possible for her the sponsor my PR and we continue living outside Canada for say 10 more years before moving to Canada? She has friends and relatives in Canada to help write the letter saying they can accommodate us in Canada while looking for accommodation.
Also my wife is not working but I’m earning a pretty decent salapry.can she still sponsor me?
your wife can sponsor you, the issue is you both living outside, so the question will come if you ever will come to canada. you dont pay taxes in canada till you have a salary or bank or property there that will be residency establishment then only you pay taxes not like USA...i dont think you will get your PR rest you can go ahead and apply

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You asked in a different thread - my view is that this does not make sense. I explained why in that thread.

Apply closer to the time you intend to move. 1-3 years before. (If you are married for many years and nothign else unusual, 1 year should be fine - if no covid surprises).

In the meantime get a TRV and visit Canada. Long-tenor TRVs are pretty common now.

arghikhanoom

Feb 23, 2021
Got my passport request email today
My timeline is
File received 26 may, 2021
Medical and biometrics request 26 July
Medical and biometrics done 5th August
No pre arrival letter direct passport request on 28th January,2022
Thanks
Congratulations! Are you living inside Canada or outside?

mrs_mc

May 14, 2020
Hi Guys! Hope all is well. We sent our inland spousal app last october, it was received the 13 of October, got our AOR and MR 25 of January, but we haven’t received any SA or BIL, is it normal for the MR to come first than the SA and BIL?
Thanks