+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi
I recently got my marriage certificate from India, but in that I did not add the Canadian address and passport number. Authorities mentioned NA in those two columns. Would this be a problem while submitting for spousal sponsorship.
You've asked this in several threads. Answer is the same: probably doesn't matter (don't think Canadian marriage certificates ahve this info either).

Should be fine with full name and date of birth or whatever is on there. Main thing is that it identifies you sufficiently.

olufunshy

Oct 26, 2021
My case is peculiar. If not that I have a good job and I am not that desperate to leave, I can imagine the frustration it could have brought.

Got married Jan. 2020, we were both widows with kids from our previous marriages. After pressure from my wife, I decided to submit application for me and my 2 kids in July 2020.

Application: July 2020
AOR: January 28th 2021
Medicals: May 2021
Medical passed June 3rd 2021
Correspondence 1 (event schedule) - interview request - September 1, 2021
October 20, 2021 interview done and updated as completed.
Pre arrival: October 21

Till now, nothing. My application page on IRCC remains same. I checked for status on another platform and I saw decision made probably since October.
We had a new baby since September 1st 2021 and I have not seen her. I don't know what else to do.

Planning to put in for visiting by February if nothing comes up before then.

My V.O is Accra, seems they have lots of backlog there.

Application status on my IRCC online account reads we are processing your application and we will send you a message once final decision has been made.

Background check, we are processing......
Review of eligibility- we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements, this has not changed since like forever.

I don't like the idea of GCMS note that takes almost 3months, it proves nothing to me and I don't like to contact any M.P.

Any other useful suggestions?

Esty4Ademi

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Hi everyone pls I need urgent help for my application my lawyer don’t even understand how to sign the form she submitted the form with incomplete signatures now they are asking me that in two forms my signature is needed n it’s returned pls n pls someone should pls explain to me how I can sign on the form online and submit back to them
Thanks

saathvik92

Nov 1, 2021
Hi everyone pls I need urgent help for my application my lawyer don’t even understand how to sign the form she submitted the form with incomplete signatures now they are asking me that in two forms my signature is needed n it’s returned pls n pls someone should pls explain to me how I can sign on the form online and submit back to them
Thanks
You have to fill the information in the forms, then print them, sign where needed. Scan and upload.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Thanks but if u print them and sign u can’t upload and send them on line again
Thank
If they didn't return the whole file to you and are only asking you to upload the signed docs, you can upload them using their Webform platform.

Kookolka

Jan 4, 2022
Hello. We applied for sponsorship to the spouse. We received AOR1 in December and applied for a visitor visa. We were refused. The child and I have not seen dad for a year. Does anyone have any ideas to speed up the sponsorship process a little or get at least a short stay visitor visa to ease the waiting time? The child is suffering. thanks for the answer

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello. We applied for sponsorship to the spouse. We received AOR1 in December and applied for a visitor visa. We were refused. The child and I have not seen dad for a year. Does anyone have any ideas to speed up the sponsorship process a little or get at least a short stay visitor visa to ease the waiting time? The child is suffering. thanks for the answer
There's no way to speed up the processing of the sponsorship application unfortunately.

What was the refusal reason for the TRV? Can you strengthen the application and show strong ties to the home country?

Can the father visit you?

Kookolka

Jan 4, 2022
There's no way to speed up the processing of the sponsorship application unfortunately.

What was the refusal reason for the TRV? Can you strengthen the application and show strong ties to the home country?

I got refusing my application on the following grounds:
• Not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
in your country of residence.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

Kookolka

Jan 4, 2022

It was the ideal pitch, we have already run out of ideas what else to think. Most likely they refuse because the husband does not have his own housing in the country of origin. Only my apartment. Before leaving for Canada with a child, we sold his apartment without thinking that this could be a problem for obtaining a visa. The business was indicated, the movement of funds in the bank account was also indicated, the availability of money. Just dropped your hands

Shukaib Ahmed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
hope everyone is doing great!
could anyone please check my timeline and just give me idea what's next after that and also i want to know that my file was in London office but recently i got pre arrival and BIL from Vienna is it normal because i thought i will receive updates from london VO. here is my timeline thanks.

PA: Saudi Arabia (ME)
File submitted 08-Feb-21
AOR1 10-Apr-21
SA 26-Apr-21
VO: LONDON IRCC
AOR2 05-may-21
Medical request 16-July-21
Medical submitted: 2-august-2021
medical : passed
Pre arrival: 12-January-2022
BIL: 19-01-2022
DM: n/a