+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Rishavjeet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi everyone, I have a question for outland spousal application. Do we have to send the completed application from home country or can I sent it from Canada? As I will be travelling back to Canada after marriage.
You need to attach the exit passport stamp with the file..and you have to be in canada when you are a sponsor..get the file ready and comeback and then send it to the embessy

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
Hi All,

I am new in this thread. I am planning to sponsor my spouse.
01.Testimonial letters- How many testimonial letters do we need to submit?
02.Testimonial letters-Who should we get the letters from? Is it only friends? Can we get it from like parents/siblings also?
03.Chat history- though our relationship for like 3 years we don't have the chat history since we changed the phone. However, we have old chat history back up which is in a .txt format. Will screenshots of a notepad file be accepted?

drondon07

Jan 18, 2020
Hi All,

02.Testimonial letters-Who should we get the letters from? Is it only friends? Can we get it from like parents/siblings also?
03.Chat history- though our relationship for like 3 years we don't have the chat history since we changed the phone. However, we have old chat history back up which is in a .txt format. Will screenshots of a notepad file be accepted?
Hi!
We sent out 4 testimonial letters, one from my husband's parents, one from my mom, one from my husband's brother and one from a friend of mine.
Good luck!

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hi All,

1. It all depends on how much evidence you do have, least I heard of from friends are 4. But I personally put in 7. If you feel you have very minimum evidence then you should have as many as you can, maximum I have heard though is 12. Others might have done more.
2. I think it's best when is your family meaning they do approve of the relationship and hence may seem genuine in a way compared to just being friends. Mostly family who know about yall. Yes also parents and siblings.
3.Yes your evidence are screenshot of a notepad you could definitely include it, just make sure it does have some records as in dates and times if possible. Once the screenshot do have info to proce its definitely from both of ya wud be accepted. If not you could focus on other evidence you do have and write an explanation for why you do not have the chats. But you do have them so shdnt b a probs.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
what embassy? what are u talking about?
So R is referring to the last immigration status of the sponsor. One has to write down all addresses and past travels and also need to proof is within Canada to be eligible as a sponsor. Hence, the sponsor would need to include the exit stamp from whichever country he/she is/was in before returning to Canada. The exit stamp proves the person is really within Canada without doubts and avoid further checks from immigration which might delay or prolong your process. And I guess the embassy R is referring to is the CPC in canada accepting the files.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
So R is referring to the last immigration status of the sponsor. One has to write down all addresses and past travels and also need to proof is within Canada to be eligible as a sponsor. Hence, the sponsor would need to include the exit stamp from whichever country he/she is/was in before returning to Canada. The exit stamp proves the person is really within Canada without doubts and avoid further checks from immigration which might delay or prolong your process. And I guess the embassy R is referring to is the CPC in canada accepting the files.
I never heard of any of this stuff before, do you have a link to the publication? You are correct that PR's are supposed to be in Canada to submit an application and remain in Canada for the most part but never heard about having to submit anything you have mentioned.

Reactions: esam99

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
I never heard of any of this stuff before, do you have a link to the publication? You are correct that PR's are supposed to be in Canada to submit an application and remain in Canada for the most part but never heard about having to submit anything you have mentioned.
Okay so, my theory is from the forms of which I filled. Let me make this objective so I don't confuse anyone over here. Within the forms especially for my country specific additional forms. There were about 2 to 3 forms where both the PA and sponsor had to provide all travels and meetings and aside pictures the only way to proof these are with the exit entry stamps. Which were suggested supporting documents from the application.
NB: These entry/exit stamps were added as a supporting document and evidence to prove our travels and exits within the given time frame. They were not required documents.

Please remember PR applicants need to be within Canada to be eligible to sponsor. So once he/she has filled forms saying has been out of the country within that period, the best way to proof his presence within Canada is via those exit stamps from that country(normally outland sponsors cause the wedding at times done out of Canada). Hence I think it is only advisable and not a necessity.

So I had a friend who did apply within Canada just after his wedding. He was however requested a letter of intent to return. And I personally think, IRCC might have assumed he was out of Canada when he did apply. I think it's only advisable as it doesn't affect the application but rather just reduce doubts on the travels. However there are other ways to prove their presence within Canada as of the submission date.

Sorry if I misled anyone on this platform. I would only advice it.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Okay so, my theory is from the forms of which I filled. Let me make this objective so I don't confuse anyone over here. Within the forms especially for my country specific additional forms. There were about 2 to 3 forms where both the PA and sponsor had to provide all travels and meetings and aside pictures the only way to proof these are with the exit entry stamps. Which were suggested supporting documents from the application.
NB: These entry/exit stamps were added as a supporting document and evidence to prove our travels and exits within the given time frame. They were not required documents.

Please remember PR applicants need to be within Canada to be eligible to sponsor. So once he/she has filled forms saying has been out of the country within that period, the best way to proof his presence within Canada is via those exit stamps from that country(normally outland sponsors cause the wedding at times done out of Canada). Hence I think it is only advisable and not a necessity.

So I had a friend who did apply within Canada just after his wedding. He was however requested a letter of intent to return. And I personally think, IRCC might have assumed he was out of Canada when he did apply. I think it's only advisable as it doesn't affect the application but rather just reduce doubts on the travels. However there are other ways to prove their presence within Canada as of the submission date.

Sorry if I misled anyone on this platform. I would only advice it.
Thanks for clarifying that it is your theory, it sounded to me like you were saying it is a requirement. If IRCC has doubts whether you are in Canada they will ask for proof.