+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Stephy joseph

Jan 24, 2021
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Hello everyone.. im wondering is anyone is on the same boat as of mine (NDVO)

hello
Jan 2020 outland applicant here
AOR 1: FEB 10 2020
File transfered to NDVO MARCH 2020
SA: march 2020
Medicals done; march 2020
Biometrics: March 2020
First ghost update: Nov 24 2020
AOR2: Jan 21 2021
2nd ghost update:26 jan 2021
Additional documents requested: jan 27 2021
Additional documents received: Feb 15 2021 ( as per MP)
Application finalized: FEB 172021 as per MP
Pre arrival: 19 feb 2021
Remedicals requested: Feb 26 2021
Remedicals Done: March 1st 2021
Remedicals approved: March 3 2021
3rd ghost update : 17 April 2021
4th ghost update : 18 April 2021
Dm?
Ppr?
I have contacted MP and here the reply i got back

• The responsible office has reviewed the application and documents submitted and has determined that the sponsored person (the applicant) has met the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant has been finalized on February 19, 2021 at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi, India.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until March 03, 2022 for the applicant.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • The documents requested of the applicant on January 27, 2021 have been received by the responsible office as of February 15, 2021.
How long does it takes to finish security verifications?

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hi,
I have a question, My husband is currently outsde of Canada. Can he come here with a visitor visa(he already has one) and apply for sponsorship from inside? Is it a problem?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi,
I have a question, My husband is currently outsde of Canada. Can he come here with a visitor visa(he already has one) and apply for sponsorship from inside? Is it a problem?
Yes he can and yes you can apply Inland if he plans to stay in Canada for the whole processing time. Otherwise you can also do an Outland app while he is here which would allow him to leave Canada throughout the process. The advantage of Inland is he can apply for an open work permit.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Yes he can and yes you can apply Inland if he plans to stay in Canada for the whole processing time. Otherwise you can also do an Outland app while he is here which would allow him to leave Canada throughout the process. The advantage of Inland is he can apply for an open work permit.
Thank you! So you can travel for a few weeks or not?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thank you! So you can travel for a few weeks or not?
For the PA if it's an Outland app even though it is filed with the PA in Canada, yes, the PA can travel. If filed Inland the PA is expected to remain in Cda for the duration. For the sponsor if it's an outland and the Sponsor is a CDN citizen they can travel. If the sponsor is a PR they are expected to be in Cda for the duration but short trip of 2-3 weeks seems to be overlooked by IRCC.

Manupoudel

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Hi everyone! My wife is in Canada she is pr holder , she applied spouse sponser application to sponsor me on 03 may 2019 after that they sent us email about medical after I done it they said our file has transferred to NDVO( 15 aug 2019) since then we have not received any kind of update, we ordered gcms notes it says background checking on Proccess and we r still waiting for any single update. Please advice us & give suggestion where to complain and where she can contact so that we can speed up our Proccess. We r both so frustrated and almost loosing hope.

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Hi everyone! My wife is in Canada she is pr holder , she applied spouse sponser application to sponsor me on 03 may 2019 after that they sent us email about medical after I done it they said our file has transferred to NDVO( 15 aug 2019) since then we have not received any kind of update, we ordered gcms notes it says background checking on Proccess and we r still waiting for any single update. Please advice us & give suggestion where to complain and where she can contact so that we can speed up our Proccess. We r both so frustrated and almost loosing hope.
Your wife can contact local MP to know what is wrong.

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Hi! Does anyone know if the medical for trv can suffice expired spousal medical?

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
I ddnt see anywhere you sent a webform for enquiries or try to find their direct email to contact them. If you haven't done any of this yet, you could try it use a webform or DM via their office email. Hopefully they say something or are prompted to act on it.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hi! Does anyone know if the medical for trv can suffice expired spousal medical?
Not sure if that's possible but even if it is, I feel the decision to do medicals can only be made by IRCC so might be unpredictable.

If the person is an inland applicant you could check this page to ensure if it could answer you. Talks about inland applicants exemting medicals based certain IFS.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cicnews.com/2021/06/canada-temporarily-exempting-some-immigrants-from-medical-exam-0618518.html/amp

Reactions: LJayme

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Nothing to da about background check. I had to wait for 2 years. I contacted everyone possible but without any effect.

feolu

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hi!
We sent out 4 testimonial letters, one from my husband's parents, one from my mom, one from my husband's brother and one from a friend of mine.
Good luck!
Hi, can you please provide a sample of your testimonial letter from your parents and brother?