+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Cinderella_2020

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Sent a inquiry to LVO and this was the reply :

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

Please submit your enquiry related to your application via our website’s case specific inquiry form, by selecting your program as the application type.

This will allow your enquiry to be triaged to the office responsible for the processing of your application, who are best placed to review your enquiry and provide you with a timely response.

Has anyone received this kind of message ?

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Sent a inquiry to LVO and this was the reply :

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

Please submit your enquiry related to your application via our website’s case specific inquiry form, by selecting your program as the application type.

This will allow your enquiry to be triaged to the office responsible for the processing of your application, who are best placed to review your enquiry and provide you with a timely response.

Has anyone received this kind of message ?
what is ur inquiry

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Not sure if that's possible but even if it is, I feel the decision to do medicals can only be made by IRCC so might be unpredictable.

If the person is an inland applicant you could check this page to ensure if it could answer you. Talks about inland applicants exemting medicals based certain IFS.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cicnews.com/2021/06/canada-temporarily-exempting-some-immigrants-from-medical-exam-0618518.html/amp

He's an outland applicant from the Philippines. I was just trying to see if anyone else had a similar situation. Thank you for responding!

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I'm Canadian PR and applying my spouse's visa.

Thank you for helping me out previously and your reply to my following questions in advance.

1 For Form IMM008, on last page, there is a blank space which is asking (firstname, lastname).
a. Is it for PA to be filled in?
b. The name should be in format - firstname - Given name and lastname - surname. Is that correct?

2. For Form 5476, there are 2 boxes in the declaration section (section-D), there are 2 blocks.
a. One for PA's signature -- my spouse ?
b. Second for signature of spouse for sponsorship application - is it for me?

3. For Form 5533, I have the following queries:
a. How to write N/A next to check box ? Should I write with pen after taking print out ? Any particular location for writing that?
b. For PCC, there are 2 checkboxes and answer is same - India - Is that correct ?

Queries related to proofs / documents

1. For social media chats - whatsapp - Is it ok to put 6-9 screenshots (mobile screen size) on one page and have 6-7 pages of conversation this way? How many pages should I have?

2. I have boarding passes of last year & entry / exit stamp in passport when I went to India from Canada. So should I take photocopy of them on one page and write details behind the page?

3. Financial Support doc - While I was in India, I was transferring fund from my account to my spouse's account so how to show that? any particular format ?

4. Letters from friends - any particular format? Please provide any info

5. Receipts of any events related to marriage - I have only few ones which are completely in English. Can I provide anything else as such proof ?

Thank you so much for your reply in advance.

Last edited:

coster

Jul 7, 2021
Hi every one . I'm Canadian citizen and i sponsor my commo law spouse that live with me in Canada we are ready to submit the application for her permanent resident and her working permit application. The problem that we have is that her passport is expiring in one month . she already applied for a new passport in the Russian consulate but it will take like 4 months to arrive this document to Canada. so my question is we could summited the application for permanent resident and the work permit and put a explanation letter that she already applied for new passport but for the pandemic reason this document is arriving very late .
Other question in the application I forgot to put the middle name of my girlfriend I put only her first name and last name .is not problem is omit her middle name anyway she doesn't like it . in case not; I could rectified in the form that I already validated and add her second name using handwriting.

PD( actually she has a record visitor that will expired together with her passport)
if someone could help me with this questions I will be very glad.

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Hello everyone.

My wife's ecas was recently updated at the same time as she got her biometrics, medical request and pre arrival email.
But I'm not sure what it means .

It says

"We sent <PA name> a letter on June 21, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

I did not realize that they actually send correspondence by physical mail!

Considering the low reliability of our postal service I'm quite concerned.

Anyone know what this status means ?

Thanks in advance!

goodluckall

Jun 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Any one applied for TRV while spousal outland in progress ? Is it makes bad effect if there is a refusal for TrV ? Also , If a person having USA non- immigrant visa , will it be a good point ?

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Dear applicants, I have an inquiry about the COPR, I haven't yet gotten to that stage but;
1. Is it expected in the Outland Spousal sponsorship processing?
2. I know inland applicants do receive it via email. Is it sent via email or by post mail for Outland applicants to?
3. I am a bit worried because I have relocated twice already during the process. Is it a must to keep updating on the address? I feel updates would only keep them delaying a file. But I might be wrong.

Thanks in advance and would appreciate it a lot to get a response. So I take precautions before the time is due.

Hunty2022

Jul 8, 2021
Hello There

We're having trouble trying to figure out whether our child should be added as a dependent on the generic application form. My wife is Canadian, I am English and we have a 14-month-old daughter. Yes, she is a dependant, but she also technically a Canadian citizen. We live in the UK and have already submitted her application for Canadian Citizenship - Does she need to be put on the form as a dependent?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello There

We're having trouble trying to figure out whether our child should be added as a dependent on the generic application form. My wife is Canadian, I am English and we have a 14-month-old daughter. Yes, she is a dependant, but she also technically a Canadian citizen. We live in the UK and have already submitted her application for Canadian Citizenship - Does she need to be put on the form as a dependent?
Not on the imm0008 form. That's only for applicants to become PRs, and citizens can't.

Figo4019

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
AOR Received.
14-04-2021