+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Okay thanks so much for your explanations. So it sounds like the plan is just tourist status, extensions, and just wait for PR.

I didn't know that there was no work permit under the outland process. (I thought I had read on IRCC that there was (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17)). But I also thought (based on forums) that he could have applied for one with the original outland PR application, we just didn't know at the time. Is that wrong?

Anyway, it's becoming clearer to me now, thank you @armoured. We were getting frustrated bc
- the website is unclear or contradictory
- the IRCC phone line is systematically refusing all questions relating to immigration (wtf?)
- our emails to IRCC are replied with generic unhelpful blurbs,
- local Canadian embassy says all immigration questions will be systematically deleted,
- local visa application centres are closed (and posted phone #s are supposedly incorrect)
You would have to apply for PR sponsorship while already in Canada to be eligible for the open work permit (inland sponsorship) . Arriving in Canada doesn't change the application from one type to another.

divinevalley

May 15, 2021
You would have to apply for PR sponsorship while already in Canada to be eligible for the open work permit (inland sponsorship) . Arriving in Canada doesn't change the application from one type to another.
Right. I didn't know that the open work permit was inland only. That wasn't clear on the website. Okay, thank you very much!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Right. I didn't know that the open work permit was inland only. That wasn't clear on the website. Okay, thank you very much!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/open-work-permit-pilot-extension.html

Or here:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=679&top=17

Note the 'in Canada' class. Again, being in Canada doesn't change the class of application you filed, you'd have to withdraw and re-apply.

Likely not worth it as I'd guess chances are better the PR app would be approved before OWP would be effective by withdrawing and re-applying.

divinevalley

May 15, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/open-work-permit-pilot-extension.html

Or here:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=679&top=17

Note the 'in Canada' class. Again, being in Canada doesn't change the class of application you filed, you'd have to withdraw and re-apply.

Likely not worth it as I'd guess chances are better the PR app would be approved before OWP would be effective by withdrawing and re-applying.
Many thanks!!

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Hello everyone,

The principal applicant raised the webform to explain the updates in the siblings information and didn't upload any form. Then after 2-3 weeks got an email from the visa office saying that please provide the updated family information form.

Now the confusion is that where this form should be sent? Should the applicant simply reply to that email and upload the form as an attachment OR raise another webform and upload that form over there?

@armoured and anyone who knows then please respond if you can.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone,

The principal applicant raised the webform to explain the updates in the siblings information and didn't upload any form. Then after 2-3 weeks got an email from the visa office saying that please provide the updated family information form.

Now the confusion is that where this form should be sent? Should the applicant simply reply to that email and upload the form as an attachment OR raise another webform and upload that form over there?

@armoured and anyone who knows then please respond if you can.
Easy answer is do both just in case. Responding by email is probably sufficient though.

semapara

Apr 11, 2019
Hello,
Asking this on behalf of my friend. She is in post AOR (6months passed) stage of application. She is planning to marry her boyfriend but her boyfriend has a travel history of overstaying on tourist visa(1 month) and illegally staying for about 11 months in Korea though he voluntarily left Korea and the immigration in Korea claimed he could re apply after a year to Korea.
Would this affect her pr application if she decides to marry him after she gets the PPR? And also which stage in the pr process is best to include spouse? @Leon @legalfalcon your input on this case would be highly appreciated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello,
Asking this on behalf of my friend. She is in post AOR (6months passed) stage of application. She is planning to marry her boyfriend but her boyfriend has a travel history of overstaying on tourist visa(1 month) and illegally staying for about 11 months in Korea though he voluntarily left Korea and the immigration in Korea claimed he could re apply after a year to Korea.
Would this affect her pr application if she decides to marry him after she gets the PPR? And also which stage in the pr process is best to include spouse? @Leon @legalfalcon your input on this case would be highly appreciated.
It will have no effect as long as you disclose it. Immigration violations from other countries that do not result in any criminal conviction do not impact your PR application as long a you disclose it.

Reactions: semapara
Nov 20, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am getting incredibly worried here. Spousal Visa Outland. Wife in India.

Basically:

May 2020: Submitted application

March 2021: Medical request

March 2021: They received Medical information.

I had contacted my local MP and they informed me that my file was selected to remain in Canada due to delays at the Visa Application Centre in New Delhi. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Are there any chances that we will get the PPR by October so I can see my wife this year?

May 17, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am getting incredibly worried here. Spousal Visa Outland. Wife in India.

Basically:

May 2020: Submitted application

March 2021: Medical request

March 2021: They received Medical information.

I had contacted my local MP and they informed me that my file was selected to remain in Canada due to delays at the Visa Application Centre in New Delhi. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Are there any chances that we will get the PPR by October so I can see my wife this year?

Did you ask them if they'll be processing the file from Canada or they will just wait until Delhi has capacity to get more files?

semapara

Apr 11, 2019
Was
It will have no effect as long as you disclose it. Immigration violations from other countries that do not result in any criminal conviction do not impact your PR application as long a you disclose it.
He does not have any criminal records from overstaying in Korea. But will he still need to get the police clearance certificate as he stayed there for more than 6 months and would that be an issue for him to get the report?

YOYOIO

Dec 30, 2019
Hi all,

Recently sent out my outland spouse application with Xpresspost to Sydney PO Box 9500. Tracking shows the package had arrived in Sydney Nova Scotia on May 3rd but from there on, the tracking only shows "In Transit" and never received. Has anyone experienced this?

Service ticket has been open with Canada Post since May 7 with no update.

Thanks