+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Spr8998

May 17, 2021
It will be thankful if somebody help me.

I applied family sponsorship for my husband since December. Today, They returned my application after 6 months because of missing handwritten signature (IMM 5669). In returned application they add two documents one is letter and second green paper kind of checklist they ticked mark what is missed. and also they highlighted that point in Document Check list (IMM 5533). Now I am submitting all new form with new signature and date.

Few question I am not sure what to do.
1. Should I use same highlighted Document Check list (IMM 5533) with my application OR I fill new Document Check list (IMM 5533) and submit.
2. Should I also need to change supporting document with application like 2020 NOA, Photo, current Paystub and experience letter (If prompted).

If anybody guide me it will very helpful to me.
Thank you.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
It will be thankful if somebody help me.

I applied family sponsorship for my husband since December. Today, They returned my application after 6 months because of missing handwritten signature (IMM 5669). In returned application they add two documents one is letter and second green paper kind of checklist they ticked mark what is missed. and also they highlighted that point in Document Check list (IMM 5533). Now I am submitting all new form with new signature and date.

Few question I am not sure what to do.
1. Should I use same highlighted Document Check list (IMM 5533) with my application OR I fill new Document Check list (IMM 5533) and submit.
2. Should I also need to change supporting document with application like 2020 NOA, Photo, current Paystub and experience letter (If prompted).

If anybody guide me it will very helpful to me.
Thank you.
thats sad to hear...
i would use a new checklist,
i believe the photo should be taken within the past six months

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

nipuntiku

Jan 3, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I had applied for my wife's PR application (outland - spousal category) in December 2019.
Her medical and biometric were all done by Feb 2020 and since then there is no movement or any further update on her application.

She came to Canada in Feb 2020 and with me for the last 15 months (through the extension of visitor visa). we have informed CIC multiple times through calls, web forms, and mails.

Since it has been 15 months and we find no solution as the CIC agents are not very helpful and there are no updates at all from the CIC. Can anyone please suggest a solution to this never-ending wait? and how to get the process done?

PS; I am a PR holder working in Canada and arrived here in 2019 Dec (and applied for my wife's PR application around the same time as an outland candidate as she was not in Canada at that point of time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Since it has been 15 months and we find no solution as the CIC agents are not very helpful and there are no updates at all from the CIC. Can anyone please suggest a solution to this never-ending wait? and how to get the process done?
Have you ordered gcms notes, contacted MP's office?

nipuntiku

Jan 3, 2020
Have you ordered gcms notes, contacted MP's office?
I tried contacting the MP's office but due to the lockdown in Ontario, they are not entertaining any request. I e-mailed them as the office is closed. Is there any other way to contact them?

I didnt know about the GCMS notes, Thank you so much for the suggestion. I will check on the website.

Is it helpful or would they give the same information (as is mentioned on the website and they give on call that the application is in the process) ??

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I tried contacting the MP's office but due to the lockdown in Ontario, they are not entertaining any request. I e-mailed them as the office is closed. Is there any other way to contact them?
Keep trying, they are like other places working around the limitations. Depends on each office.

I didnt know about the GCMS notes, Thank you so much for the suggestion. I will check on the website.

Is it helpful or would they give the same information (as is mentioned on the website and they give on call that the application is in the process) ??
You may get some additional and different info and determine - possibly - what the hold-up is. Not always. But better than shouting at your computer monitor.

None of these are magic bullet solutions. They are what you can do. At least to start.

There are plenty of threads here on both MPs and gcms.

Roxpprczrs

Mar 24, 2021
Hello, wondering if anyone can help. I have a visa to travel to Canada that expires March 2022. My passport expires July 2022. I can renew my passport 1 year before it expires which is July 2021. Can I travel using the new passport with the visa being in the old one? Also if I apply for an extension while in Canada do I have to leave once my visa expires? Or does the implied status continues beyond the visa expiration.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello, wondering if anyone can help. I have a visa to travel to Canada that expires March 2022. My passport expires July 2022. I can renew my passport 1 year before it expires which is July 2021. Can I travel using the new passport with the visa being in the old one? Also if I apply for an extension while in Canada do I have to leave once my visa expires? Or does the implied status continues beyond the visa expiration.
You can travel as long as you still have the old passport that has the visa in it with you. I don't know your country but you should request to have the old passport returned to you for that purpose. You should apply for an extension to your TRV about 30 days before expiry.

Reactions: esam99

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am getting incredibly worried here. Spousal Visa Outland. Wife in India.

Basically:

May 2020: Submitted application

March 2021: Medical request

March 2021: They received Medical information.

I had contacted my local MP and they informed me that my file was selected to remain in Canada due to delays at the Visa Application Centre in New Delhi. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Are there any chances that we will get the PPR by October so I can see my wife this year?
IMO they figured your app would process faster in Canada so they kept it here so that would be a good thing. October is a reasonable expectation depending on how complicated your app is and how long it takes for background, criminal etc. checks but obviously no guarantees. Sounds like they are working on your file which is a good thing too!!

Aman679878

Dec 7, 2018
Hi all,

Recently sent out my outland spouse application with Xpresspost to Sydney PO Box 9500. Tracking shows the package had arrived in Sydney Nova Scotia on May 3rd but from there on, the tracking only shows "In Transit" and never received. Has anyone experienced this?

Service ticket has been open with Canada Post since May 7 with no update.

Thanks
I hope you get an update on this soon

Can you share the documents included in the package ?
I need to sponsor my husband and looking for a starting point to start his application

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
Thank you! My file has been in Haiti since December 2019. I heard Haiti is basically closed, therefore all files have been transferred to Mexico. I’ll call IRCC to verify that.

Last edited:
Reactions: esam99

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Wondering if anyone can help. I'm sponsoring my husband he lives in the Dominican Republic and he went to school in Spain. They requested police check from Spain, we completed it but haven't gotten the results back. Mail system is horrible in DR. They sent a message requesting it again even after I sent an explanation. Also, now they are asking for a police record from Australia, New Zealand and Fiji! WHAT!!!! He hasn't even been there... I'm so confused. They asked for those specifically. Also traffic history for Australia. I'm so confused. Anybody else having this type of problem?