+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Yes, some of the visa offices instruct you to wait on the PCC because you can't get it without a file number from them (or it's really difficult). Mexico is the same for the federal PCC. So you are right about that but it's not the norm. However, medicals are always required at the beginning for overseas spousal sponsorships.

OhBabo

Jul 31, 2011
Hi! First I'd just like to say how great this community is. Helpful, altruistic and understanding, this is great! My wife(since yesterday!) and me have been lurking here for a while, first time posting since we are about to start the sponsorship process.

Here's the situation involving me(Canadian citizen) and my wife(US citizen).

1- She came here to Canada from the US in the autumn of 2008. She had no passport(was before it was required) and nobody wrote/noted anything about her entering Canada. She been overstaying since then.

2- Back in December she went to the US embassy in my city and ordered/received her passport since we needed it for the wedding. US embassy did not stamp the passport.

3- We got married yesterday and we are starting the Sponsorship/PR procedures for her to live in Canada as my sponsored spouse.

Are we gonna get in trouble? What would be the best course of action? I do not feel like lying is the thing to do... but they are asking on the "Generic application form for Canada" the current country of her residence, her status and from when to when is that status valid... We have to put a "from" and a "to" date... which we do not have. We never plan on her to leave but we have to enter a date.

Should we try to cross the border and re-enter and get her the 6 months visitor status? We are married, are they gonna fear overstay? I think that if we start the process before they realize she has overstayed, we are kind of protected from them forcing her to leave, but is this gonna go hard against us in the decision?

We are just not sure about what to do... and out-land is so fast but she is here... if we send a lot of things showing that our relation is real, are the chance to be called there slim? Can I even apply outland if she is currently here in Canada?

Sorry for all the questions, I am a bit confused and anxious right now. Once it is all done for us, we'll be here sharing and helping with our experiences.

Thanks!

CuteBorgy

Jul 31, 2011
Goodmorning po.Magtatanong sana ako tungkol sa application namin ng asawa ko.We applied this april of 2011, then last june lang po nagpadala ang canadian embassy ng letter asking us to send our marriage certificate and my passport?Then mga july 4 po naipadala ko na ung passport ko at mga requirements nahiningi nila.My wife is in Ontario Canada po.Ask ko lang po kung magbigay ka na ang passport? Ano na po un?At tsaka ilang weeks or months bago nila ibigay passport mo? Maraming salamat po at sana malaman ko para atleast my idea ako.God bless to all

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
CuteBorgy said:
Goodmorning po.Magtatanong sana ako tungkol sa application namin ng asawa ko.We applied this april of 2011, then last june lang po nagpadala ang canadian embassy ng letter asking us to send our marriage certificate and my passport?Then mga july 4 po naipadala ko na ung passport ko at mga requirements nahiningi nila.My wife is in Ontario Canada po.Ask ko lang po kung magbigay ka na ang passport? Ano na po un?At tsaka ilang weeks or months bago nila ibigay passport mo? Maraming salamat po at sana malaman ko para atleast my idea ako.God bless to all
Join this thread

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spouse-family-class-timeline-manila-visa-office-philippines-t40680.0.html

RougeAmour

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
AOR Received.
November 2010
File Transfer...
December 2010
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 Files received by CHC-I on April 4, and April 14th 2012
Passport Req..
October 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 21, 2012 -passport returned November 22
LANDED..........
December 3, 2012
I have a stressful question too, just like everyone else here :(

I've applied for my husbands sponsorship and we received the letter acknowledging the decision in December 2010. His file has been sent to Islamabad for processing (I reside in Toronto. Always have and always will).

What I need to know is:
1) can he visit me here even though his PR application is being processed?
2) if he applies for the 6 month visit visa and it gets rejected for any reason, will it negatively impact his case?
3) do I have to send the visa office a letter saying I want him to come for a visit?

Any information at all would be helpful. We've been married since February 2010 and haven spent more than a month and a half together as newly-weds :( I really just want to spend more time with him. The only way that's possible right now is for him to wait for vacation days at work (Saudi Arabia) and go home to Pakistan and then I join him once he's there. It's ridiculous that this process is taking so long :mad:

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
1) You can try. Chances are slim, though.
2) No, it won't have any impact.
3) Sending a letter from you with his application probably won't impact the possibility of approval, but it won't hurt for you to show that's why he is applying.

Lynn-ji

Jun 2, 2011
My husband is sponsoring me (U.S. citizen). We both live in Florida. Would it be an outland application? And where should we send it - Mississauga or Buffalo?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Lynn-ji said:
My husband is sponsoring me (U.S. citizen). We both live in Florida. Would it be an outland application? And where should we send it - Mississauga or Buffalo?
Yes - outland.

Send it to Mississauga.

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
Dear Leon/Seniors

I have got PR and i am planning to land in next month. I am single and after landing i will return in 10 days max without taking PR Card.

1. Once i return soon i will marry, as soon as i marry can i put my spouse file for processing.
2. Can i stay in india for another 6 months till she gets visa and then we both move togather permanently.
3. What documents to be submitted for spouse visa if someone can guide?

Regards,
Jimmy

khakalove

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
Dear Leon and all senior members,
as i have won spousal appeal , from Islamabad office , the reason was , marriage was no .
. genuine, after win appeal , they asked for medical, pcc, and ,imm background forms,its been ,3 months and 20 days,
. that i have sent docs to them but havent hear , nothing , except , we are currently waiting, the result of routine background . inquiries.do you know sir how long they can take more? because i have
lived in ,UAE as-well i mean two countries...i am pakistani national,ITS BEEN NEARLY 4 .
. MONTHES NOW, SHELL MY WIFE CONTECT HER MP IN CANADA? please any advise , .
thanks.

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
Dear Leon/Seniors

I have got PR and i am planning to land in next month. I am single and after landing i will return in 10 days max without taking PR Card.

1. Once i return soon i will marry, as soon as i marry can i put my spouse file for processing.
2. Can i stay in india for another 6 months till she gets visa and then we both move togather permanently.

Regards,
Jimmy

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jimmy_kallarackal said:
Dear Leon/Seniors

Regards,
Jimmy
Since you are a PR, you must be living in Canada when you submit the sponsorship application for your wife and you must continue living in Canada while the application is being processed. If you want to visit your wife for 2-3 weeks during the process - that's fine. Staying in India for 6 months during the process is far too long and will very likely result in rejection.

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
Hello,

We finally sent our package to CPC Mississauga but I didn't include our marriage certificate since I didn't have it at the time.

I wrote a note and included the record of solemnization and the receipt for the marriage certificate from service ontario.

Well service Ontario states that it takes around 10 weeks to register a marriage but I took only three weeks and I will receive it this week.

What is the best way to send it now that I have it

Islenio

D

dutchboy54

Has anyone got any idea as to the actual time for Ukraine VO to process. Immigration site says 7 months but I know there are some that are quicker. I would appreciate to hear from anyone having gone through Kiev

P

Patea

Hi there

I have gone over the application for sponsoring my spouse and it asks on the check list to have at least two "statutory declarations by individual with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing." Do these declarations have to be witnessed by a public notary? I was also wondering about the content of the declarations. Is there a specific formate or example form for Canada? I cannot find one on the website, other then the form the sponsor and sponsored spouse are to fill out. Thank you.