+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

khakalove

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
Dear Leon and all senior members,
as i have won spousal appeal , from Islamabad office , the reason was , marriage was no .
. genuine, after win appeal , they asked for medical, pcc, and ,imm background forms,its been ,3 months and 20 days,
. that i have sent docs to them but havent hear , nothing , except , we are currently waiting, the result of routine background . inquiries.do you know sir how long they can take more? because i have
lived in ,UAE as-well i mean two countries...i am pakistani national,ITS BEEN NEARLY 4 .
. MONTHES NOW, SHELL MY WIFE CONTECT HER MP IN CANADA? please any advise , .
thanks.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
khakalove said:
Dear Leon and all senior members,
as i have won spousal appeal , from Islamabad office , the reason was , marriage was no .
. genuine, after win appeal , they asked for medical, pcc, and ,imm background forms,its been ,3 months and 20 days,
. that i have sent docs to them but havent hear , nothing , except , we are currently waiting, the result of routine background . inquiries.do you know sir how long they can take more? because i have
lived in ,UAE as-well i mean two countries...i am pakistani national,ITS BEEN NEARLY 4 .
. MONTHES NOW, SHELL MY WIFE CONTECT HER MP IN CANADA? please any advise , .
thanks.
Hi,

Congrats on winning appeal! How long it took on appeal?

Ask your wife to go to her local Mp and ask them to send the isb office a letter that will definately swift the process.

Naz

khakalove

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
hi nazam 80,
it took 9 months from the date of refusal.we won through appeal process, called, A D R...................

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLAY , actually we are thinking if we would purse the case like that , i mean through MP, THAN THEY
can be take it wrong or negative impression apparently,because we have already suffered a lot , but you are right we should
contact MP, BECAUSE ITS NEARLY 4 MONTHS.

familyguy33

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Passport Req..
21-12-2011
Patea said:
Hi there

I have gone over the application for sponsoring my spouse and it asks on the check list to have at least two "statutory declarations by individual with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing." Do these declarations have to be witnessed by a public notary? I was also wondering about the content of the declarations. Is there a specific formate or example form for Canada? I cannot find one on the website, other then the form the sponsor and sponsored spouse are to fill out. Thank you.
Hi Patea,

I'm also going to sponsor my spouse and just about finished completing the documents. If you're going to sponsor you're spouse you don't need the "statutory declarations by individual with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing." that's only applicable if it's a common-law relationship. The guide i referred to was 3905e country specific to Philippines.

P

Patea

Familyguy33

Are you sure? I will look over the documents again. Thank you for your response.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Patea said:
Familyguy33

Are you sure? I will look over the documents again. Thank you for your response.
If you're married, you definitely do not need to include declarations (we did not include any in my husband's application package).

D

dutchboy54

Correct, no declaration required. Marraige certificate is your declaration

mygirl

Jul 29, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2011 (CIC-M received April 26,2011)
Doc's Request.
23-06-2011 (letter dated June 22)
AOR Received.
06-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-06-2011
Med's Done....
March 4, 2011
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
22-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 25, 2011
LANDED..........
September 09,2011
CuteBorgy said:
Goodmorning po.Magtatanong sana ako tungkol sa application namin ng asawa ko.We applied this april of 2011, then last june lang po nagpadala ang canadian embassy ng letter asking us to send our marriage certificate and my passport?Then mga july 4 po naipadala ko na ung passport ko at mga requirements nahiningi nila.My wife is in Ontario Canada po.Ask ko lang po kung magbigay ka na ang passport? Ano na po un?At tsaka ilang weeks or months bago nila ibigay passport mo? Maraming salamat po at sana malaman ko para atleast my idea ako.God bless to all

i think you have to wait 2-3 mos from the date when the CEM received your documents..it is based on what i reading in a forum..

mcayetano

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone know i cant see my wifes address anymore on ECAS it used to be on there but not anymore.. is that a good thing or bad thing pls help ... what going on?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
It happens all the time, it doesn't mean anything, it will likely re-appear.

Hot-Lier

May 27, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-4-2012
AOR Received.
17-4-2012
File Transfer...
14-08-2011
Med's Request
07-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-06-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-09-2012
Leon said:
Yes, that is absolutely true but as we know, immigration sometimes refuses cases based on bogus reasons. If the PR in question had sponsored his spouse for PR and immigration finds out, possibly when trying to contact him that he has actually been outside Canada for the last few months, they will likely deny his application based on him not residing in Canada. Legally he might still be residing in Canada and of course he can appeal but I'm only saying, maybe you are better off trying to avoid having to appeal. It is safer to make short trips only so that the visa officer will have no doubt that the person is residing in Canada and not leave it up to the visa officers definition of how long you can be away to still be considered a resident.
I have already Sponsored my wife and dependent children (Mississauga) in June and have received Approval in August. I am from Pakistan and time line for Pakistan is 2 years, so it is so long time to not visit them for 2 years. As i can see their is not any specific period that i can stay out of Canada to visit my Family. So what do you suggest in this case. I have plan to visit them next year for minimum a Month.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hot-Lier said:
I have already Sponsored my wife and dependent children (Mississauga) in June and have received Approval in August. I am from Pakistan and time line for Pakistan is 2 years, so it is so long time to not visit them for 2 years. As i can see their is not any specific period that i can stay out of Canada to visit my Family. So what do you suggest in this case. I have plan to visit them next year for minimum a Month.
You should limit your trip to 2-3 weeks if you don't want to risk the sponsorship file being refused.

Spritz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trini777 said:
What about the stamps from your passport when you went to visit. Also you can call up your phone company to get detalied statements from previous months to show how you and your spouse have been keeping in contact. Living in subsidized housing should not be a problem, welfare is a problem. And as long as you have somewhere secure to live you shouldnt worry.
I dont know if it is a problem or not.. I thought it was a problem to be getting money from the government. =/
The thing is my mom is the one living here.. its under her name. I am just her daughter. I want him here... God I imiss him. I am getting proof of my travels and calls with him. Thanks. It took me a while to get out of my depression and think of that.
Do you think if I applu... I am workign now.. making just enough money for me and him. Just... no more.. Still have no savings considering I will be using all my money to pay for the sponsorship.
I hope to have some saved up soon. But it wont be until after I pay the lawyer the fees and send the documents so I ll have... none when I start to sponsor.
Do you think Do you think I willbe declined :(? My heart cant take it if I saw the letter saying no.

please forgive any mistakes on this message... the computer is acting so strange its hard to see exaclty what I am typing. thank you.
s.pritzup@live.com

Hot-Lier

May 27, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-4-2012
AOR Received.
17-4-2012
File Transfer...
14-08-2011
Med's Request
07-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-06-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-09-2012
Hot-Lier said:
Leon waiting for your valuable comments and other senior members suggestion in this regard