Spousal sponsorship

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
michaelbyrne said:
just to clarify,
you can place an open work application in with an inland sponsorship application?
Yes. Write on it "to be granted at first stage approval". I have heard of one that got their work permit application returned to them with the reason that they don't qualify for it yet.

rxiao

Jul 23, 2011
rjessome said:
Your wife and child can surrender their PR and you can sponsor them again when they are ready to settle permanently in Canada.
rjessome

Thank you for your reply very much!!!

rxiao

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
Hi

Can i send my RPRF copy via fax to Mississauga? If yes, can someone please provide me fax number.

Cheers,

listner

Mar 7, 2011
Please give suggetions on my problem.
Thanks

listner said:
Hi there,

I am planning to submit the spouse sponsorship application by end of this month, all the dox are ready and my wife did her medical two weeks back. Now the problem is that she sent the papers to me through courier and the medical receipt and confirmation is lost in between. I have copy of medical confirmation but the original is lost what should i do ?

Will CIC accept the copy of medical confirmation or my wife have to do her medicals again?

Please advice

Thanks

myks

Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
File Transfer...
05/09/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
10/06/2014
hi! is an immigrant allowed of sponsorship?tnx.

hazy

Jul 26, 2010
Hi, my husband forwarded the sponsorship forms in Mississauga they have processed and forwarded them to Kenya where I live. He has also received a letter from Mississauga confirming the documents have been sent to Kenya. They also told him that the High Commission in Kenya will communicate with me to give me the file no. Its been a month since the documents are in Kenya and I have not heard from them. Does anyone have an idea how long the process in Kenya takes?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hazy said:
Hi, my husband forwarded the sponsorship forms in Mississauga they have processed and forwarded them to Kenya where I live. He has also received a letter from Mississauga confirming the documents have been sent to Kenya. They also told him that the High Commission in Kenya will communicate with me to give me the file no. Its been a month since the documents are in Kenya and I have not heard from them. Does anyone have an idea how long the process in Kenya takes?
Unfortunately Kenya is one of the slower offices. It took them 31 months to complete 80% of applications last year.

See approximate processing times for each visa office here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

familyguy33

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Passport Req..
21-12-2011
familyguy33 said:
Hi guys,

I'd appreciate if anybody can help me with my question. For the proof of relationship, like chat logs, post cards, do we have to have it certified translated?

I read in other forums that they just translated it on their own since it is not a "document".

Any reply will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 8, 2010 and again Sep 12, 2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
I didn't have any of those documents translated. I had things in both spanish and english from different family members. I assume that the officers speak English since they're Canadian and whatever official language of the country the embassy is in.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Yasiin said:
Hello every one!!

My wife who is canadian citizen has submitted the application for PR for me in CIC-Mississagua in June 30 2011 and we haven't recieved any acknowledgment letter form them. I wonder how long does it take to recieve an acknowlegment letter for perminant residency from Mississague before they forward it to CPU in abroad. Can someone explain that to me?

Thank you in advance.

Yasiin
Sweden.
Hello, they wont send you any letter, you should call them to ask for your ID number so you can check the status of your application in ECAS.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
michaelbyrne said:
just to clarify,
you can place an open work application in with an inland sponsorship application?
Yes you can

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 8, 2010 and again Sep 12, 2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
canadiancitizen said:
Hello, they wont send you any letter, you should call them to ask for your ID number so you can check the status of your application in ECAS.
They do send a letter. It give you your client number, kit # and file # as well as when they received it and that it's been sent on to the corresponding outland embassy. Mine was sent to me in Canada and another was sent to the consulate in Costa Rica where my husband is. Many people have received letters. It just takes about a month to a month and a half before you get it.

hazy

Jul 26, 2010
Hi Scylla, thanks for your response. I am told Kenya is very very slow and its hard to understand how they can keep the two apart for so long. It's frustrating but I have to be patient. Do you think I could get visitor's visas now that the papers are with them?