01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
Hello every one!!

My wife who is canadian citizen has submitted the application for PR for me in CIC-Mississagua in June 30 2011 and we haven't recieved any acknowledgment letter form them. I wonder how long does it take to recieve an acknowlegment letter for perminant residency from Mississague before they forward it to CPU in abroad. Can someone explain that to me?

Thank you in advance.

Yasiin
Sweden.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
CPC-M does not acknowledge receipt of applications. When they process your wife's eligibility to sponsor you, then they will advise if she is approved or not. Currently it is taking 42-45 days on average for this. She can contact the office around Aug 15 to find out if she has a file number.

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
CPC-M does not acknowledge receipt of applications. When they process your wife's eligibility to sponsor you, then they will advise if she is approved or not. Currently it is taking 42-45 days on average for this. She can contact the office around Aug 15 to find out if she has a file number.

Thank you very much CharlieD10 for the information. I really appreciated it.

thierry

Jul 22, 2011
hi!

I'm going to go through the inland application. I live in Canada under a 3year work permit through my employer.
On application form imm0008 which "Immigration Office" should I select? As per CIC webpage linked to the otherwise clear pdf. guide it is seem that Buffalo NY is handling inland applications.

Am I getting that right? Because it seems a bit counter-intuitive...

Thanks!
Thierry

watnxt

Feb 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
Hi guys,
My application status had similar to below yesterday. 2nd line disappeared from eCAS today. Not sure what is going on.
Sponsored Person Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Residence Application Status

Wife name Decision Made Application Received
wife name In Process Application Received

In process it said that We received your application in November 17, 2010. We started processing your application on November 18, 2010.
Mississauga sent my application to back home visa office in 2nd week of November. So I guess In process details should be from back home visa office.
Does any one seen these kind of update before? Any hint on when I will get PPR?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thierry said:
hi!

I'm going to go through the inland application. I live in Canada under a 3year work permit through my employer.
On application form imm0008 which "Immigration Office" should I select? As per CIC webpage linked to the otherwise clear pdf. guide it is seem that Buffalo NY is handling inland applications.

Am I getting that right? Because it seems a bit counter-intuitive...

Thanks!
Thierry
No, Buffalo does not handle inland applications. Buffalo handles overseas applications for Americans, those living in America who were admitted for at least a year, or those living in Canada who have been admitted for at least a year. Vegreville handles inland applications.

rxiao

Jul 23, 2011
Hi!

I had got some helps from this forum when I was filling the forms to sponsor my wife and kid. However, I have a question about them.
My wife and daughter had PR card, but they had expired in October 2010 and they didn't meet living 2 year during past 5 year, because my wife didn't want to give up her job in other country in that time and our kid is so young that living with her mother is better for her. This means they had lost permanent resident in Canada. If they decide to immigrate to Canada again, Do I need sponsor them and re-apply their PR? and How to deal with thier old,expired PR card? I would like get you guys help. I am a PR in Canada and I am working and living in Canada.

Thanks in advance.

rxiao

listner

Mar 7, 2011
Hi there,

I am planning to submit the spouse sponsorship application by end of this month, all the dox are ready and my wife did her medical two weeks back. Now the problem is that she sent the papers to me through courier and the medical receipt and confirmation is lost in between. I have copy of medical confirmation but the original is lost what should i do ?

Will CIC accept the copy of medical confirmation or my wife have to do her medicals again?

Please advice

Thanks

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
Hi,

I am on the last stage of process. I got PPR 2 days back and they ask me to submit my passport and RPRF to Mississauga. I already paid my RPRF in the beginning of the process and attached it with my application package. My medical is expiring next month on 28th. I am out of country on business trip and coming back to my place on 31st. I will personally hand-in my passport on 1st of August.

According to the stats my VO returns passport with visa stamp in 3~4 weeks. I am confused and i dont know what to do? If i go back on the given date would they issue visa before expiry date of medical? should i go back now? I am just worried because of medical expiry date is coming up. would they issue visa when my medical gets expired ??

Please help i am just very lost and confused now :'(

Cheers,

Doncarlos

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August '2010
AOR Received.
September 2010
Med's Request
Re-med 11 December 2011
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2012 (Decision made 9th Feb 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
20th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
Ahamdolillah, 10th March 2013
Almost same time... canadian HC Isbd site says it will take 12 months after they have recvd application

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jiyamano said:
Hi,

I am on the last stage of process. I got PPR 2 days back and they ask me to submit my passport and RPRF to Mississauga. I already paid my RPRF in the beginning of the process and attached it with my application package. My medical is expiring next month on 28th. I am out of country on business trip and coming back to my place on 31st. I will personally hand-in my passport on 1st of August.

According to the stats my VO returns passport with visa stamp in 3~4 weeks. I am confused and i dont know what to do? If i go back on the given date would they issue visa before expiry date of medical? should i go back now? I am just worried because of medical expiry date is coming up. would they issue visa when my medical gets expired ??

Please help i am just very lost and confused now :'(

Cheers,
They should see the medical expiry on file and give you back the passport in time to land. Be prepared to travel to Canada quickly.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rxiao said:
Hi!

I had got some helps from this forum when I was filling the forms to sponsor my wife and kid. However, I have a question about them.
My wife and daughter had PR card, but they had expired in October 2010 and they didn't meet living 2 year during past 5 year, because my wife didn't want to give up her job in other country in that time and our kid is so young that living with her mother is better for her. This means they had lost permanent resident in Canada. If they decide to immigrate to Canada again, Do I need sponsor them and re-apply their PR? and How to deal with thier old,expired PR card? I would like get you guys help. I am a PR in Canada and I am working and living in Canada.
Your wife and child can surrender their PR and you can sponsor them again when they are ready to settle permanently in Canada.

Doncarlos

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August '2010
AOR Received.
September 2010
Med's Request
Re-med 11 December 2011
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2012 (Decision made 9th Feb 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
20th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
Ahamdolillah, 10th March 2013
watnxt said:
Hi guys,
My application status had similar to below yesterday. 2nd line disappeared from eCAS today. Not sure what is going on.
Sponsored Person Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Residence Application Status

In process it said that We received your application in November 17, 2010. We started processing your application on November 18, 2010.
Mississauga sent my application to back home visa office in 2nd week of November. So I guess In process details should be from back home visa office.
Yes ours is same update like this. And its also true that real processing time starts from backhome visa office, before that its sponsor's assesment ( in MIssisisauga etc.) PPR depends on which (city) visa office its in process.

mcayetano

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
watnxt said:
Hi guys,

I have the same thing! Mine also diaapeared yesterday also hope thats a good sign just pray we will be with our spouse soon.

familyguy33

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Passport Req..
21-12-2011
Hi guys,

I'd appreciate if anybody can help me with my question. For the proof of relationship, like chat logs, post cards, do we have to have it certified translated?

I read in other forums that they just translated it on their own since it is not a "document".

Any reply will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!