+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Tintin1984

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Hi all,
We submitted our application in mid August 2020, we’re aware that as a result of covid it’s taking some time for IRCC to acknowledge receipt of applications.

Does anyone roughly know how many months it’s taking for IRCC to acknowledge receipt/ AOR during the pandemic ?

thanks

Last edited:

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I was 5.5 months just receiving AOR. Amazingly some people getting ppr in 8-9 months. Beyond livid. Havent been home in almost six years and yah. Certain countries clearly are processed faster.

beany33

Jan 3, 2021
I submitted the Spousal sponsorship application in June 2020 and I have only received a letter about paying my biometric fees (which I did at the time of application). How long should I expect to wait to get any more information/confirmation about my application?
When will I be able to link my application online so I can check updates etc? Thank you.

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
I was 5.5 months just receiving AOR. Amazingly some people getting ppr in 8-9 months. Beyond livid. Havent been home in almost six years and yah. Certain countries clearly are processed faster.
What country are you/PA from? Inland? Outland? Dependents? Etc....etc.....There are many variables to consider.

beany33

Jan 3, 2021
I have no dependants, currently in Canada and from the UK. I just haven't heard much and its tough as my work permit will run out soon so I have to judge how and when to extend it.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi Friends, I have a question regarding spousal sponsorship webform. I am a sponsor PR. We sent outland application recently in October. However we would like to send an updated version of imm5406 through webdorm. Is there a way we can send the webform without linking the application? We are unable to link becuase we dont have UCi number for spouse and application number. But I saw this link https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp . In this web form link, it looks like they have mentioned that if we do not know UCI number, we can put 00000000. Can we use this link to upload imm5406 webform in the absence of temporary application number and UCI?
You can try to send it as a web form but no guarantee it will catch up with your application, you should hear from IRCC within a couple of weeks, if they can't find your app in the system yet it means it hasn't yet been entered in the system, nothing to worry about at this point. Once you receive AOR submit it again with your UCI number to ensure they get it.

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Friends ,
I am a PR candidate and i got married recently in India , Now i returned back to Canada and have to apply PR for my wife who is in India .May i know how much time would it take to get the PR and can i apply for visit visa first and once she come here go ahead with inland PR application. Is that even possible....Please guide me .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Friends ,
I am a PR candidate and i got married recently in India , Now i returned back to Canada and have to apply PR for my wife who is in India .May i know how much time would it take to get the PR and can i apply for visit visa first and once she come here go ahead with inland PR application. Is that even possible....Please guide me .
What do you mean by "PR candidate"? Do you mean that you are in the process of applying for PR yourself? The term "PR candidate" would indicate that you don't yet have PR yourself.

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
What do you mean by "PR candidate"? Do you mean that you are in the process of applying for PR yourself? The term "PR candidate" would indicate that you don't yet have PR yourself.
Hi Scylla ,Sorry for the confusion am a Permanent Resident . I have been a PR for 3 years now .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla ,Sorry for the confusion am a Permanent Resident . I have been a PR for 3 years now .
Processing for an outland application will take approximately a year. I would recommend that you apply outland right now if you are already back in Canada.

TRV processing time from India is currently 250 days and there's no guarantee of approval. You may wait many months only to find the TRV is refused and applying inland isn't possible. Apply outland now. You can certainly also apply for the TRV.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I would have a check at this forum. Because many India applications from this year are getting ppr already. Ircc should have to explain themself how they process these things. Almost every ppr I saw on December 31 was from India.

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
You can try to send it as a web form but no guarantee it will catch up with your application, you should hear from IRCC within a couple of weeks, if they can't find your app in the system yet it means it hasn't yet been entered in the system, nothing to worry about at this point. Once you receive AOR submit it again with your UCI number to ensure they get it.
Thank you so much for your response. So there is no harm in uploading now too before we know the application number and UCI, right? I will upload again once I get my AOR. I am thinking of uploading now because some applicaitons get returned before AOR. So, I am thinking of uploading now and again after AOR in case they could not catch up the uploaded file with our application now.

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
I would have a check at this forum. Because many India applications from this year are getting ppr already. Ircc should have to explain themself how they process these things. Almost every ppr I saw on December 31 was from India.
I would say it makes sense, considering (it seems) the majority of PR applicants are from India.

zara999

Jan 3, 2021
Can someone help me with the generic application
My spouse filled the top part. Who is to be included in the dependent section.
we don’t have kids. I’m sponsor, does he include me or leave it blank ??