Spousal sponsorship

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thank u for ur reply..they sent me an email about the biometric fee and i paid the fee i only have temporary file number that starts with XF but still not able to link my application
Does not take very long after an XF, they are going thru your file now give it some time. You will get an AOR 1 Then can keep on trying logging on with various datas. I did the same. Rt now go ahead setup a GCkey account anyways. Link is here Thank you;-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Any one can open a GCKEY account even applicant, in my case my wife has GCkey account and she is in India :)

Last edited:

Zahraa91

Dec 22, 2020
Does not take very long after an XF, they are going thru your file now give it some time. You will get an AOR 1 Then can keep on trying logging on with various datas. I did the same. Rt now go ahead setup a GCkey account anyways. Link is here Thank you;-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Any one can open a GCKEY account even applicant, in my case my wife has GCkey account and she is in India :)
Another question plz..am i able to link my application if i have my lawyer submitted the application?

Zahraa91

Dec 22, 2020
Ohhhh maybe that's why im not able to link my application..but how they gonna know?if i have the information iam the main applicant

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
Ohhhh maybe that's why im not able to link my application..but how they gonna know?if i have the information iam the main applicant
[/QUOTE
Application can only link to one account, on note the same application cannot link twice on gkey if you want to link your application u have to use sign in parther if your lawyer link it on gkey already but remember if u link it successful on sign in parther it will cancel the lawyer access on gkey.

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hello,

I'm trying to send the forms to my spouse by email. I've filled out all the forms and just need my spouse to sign it, but my spouse is unable to open them because it says please wait or to update adobe. Adobe is up to date and the forms won't load. Can someone please help. Thank you.

arpitaggarwal89

Feb 20, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-12-2020
We have sent the PR package this week. How do we track the progress online ?
Does the sponsor or PA need to create any account ?
PA already has a GCKey account.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello,

I'm trying to send the forms to my spouse by email. I've filled out all the forms and just need my spouse to sign it, but my spouse is unable to open them because it says please wait or to update adobe. Adobe is up to date and the forms won't load. Can someone please help. Thank you.
aha!! I had same probs. OPEN emails in IE11 or Firefox , but not Chrome as CHROME I found is usually not friendly with ADOBE files

Reactions: kittenlover

Amreen1

Oct 9, 2020
Hello everyone does anyone know if delhi immigration office processing files for spousal sponsorship.I submitted my husband all documents on aug11 and did not hear anything back yet.My application was in express entry and i got PPR in march I got married in jan and updated Cic .I wonder if things and processing time different for express entry and normal spousal sponsorship? Please answer if anyone has any idea about it.I am frontline worker too I dont have family here wants him on my side you never know during pandemic when you ll get this virus and no one is here from my family.So stressed don't know what to do

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello everyone does anyone know if delhi immigration office processing files for spousal sponsorship.I submitted my husband all documents on aug11 and did not hear anything back yet.My application was in express entry and i got PPR in march I got married in jan and updated Cic .I wonder if things and processing time different for express entry and normal spousal sponsorship? Please answer if anyone has any idea about it.I am frontline worker too I dont have family here wants him on my side you never know during pandemic when you ll get this virus and no one is here from my family.So stressed don't know what to do
They are very well known for slowest processing in the world! IT LOOKS LIKE more no. of applicants but fewer staff members they have . They say we shall prefer students and families. For your category keep hope! God bless you and pray they start as they were 2 years ago. Even some spouses here, we see since 2018 and many many over 1 year did not hear anything from them. We are and should be ready for a long silence when dealing with them. sorry :(
BUT keep up the HOPE if no HOPE ,NO LIFE so cheer up its a NEW YEAR'S EVE

Last edited:

zhouliehui

Oct 6, 2020
1. You can submit the sponsorship application as soon as you have returned to Canada.
2. Probably around a year but difficult to guess.
3. She can certainly apply for a TRV. It can be difficult to be approved with a Canadian spouse since IRCC knows she has plans on remaining in Canada long term. Also note that TRV processing times are quite long right now.
4. TRV would be the fastest. If she wants to continue studying in Canada then another option would be a study permit. She will want to make sure the program is is taking in Canada makes sense in light of her previous education and work experience. For example, if she already has a bachelor, then she would ideally be taking a masters in Canada. As with the TRV, it will be more difficult for her to be approved since you are Canadian.
Our TRV took 14 days, they will look at a few factors, 1. money in the bank for 6 months for spouse and the Canadian partner, 2. ties to home countries (properties, jobs, cars, businesses, relatives, jobs) 3. what is your spouse plan after the visitor visa is expired, we told them she will go back and wait for the spousal sponsorship. 4. a fixed deposits for 10K with local banks ( my spouse has to be back to redeem the fixed deposit sooner or later ). took us a long time to gather all documents, provided 33 documents in all , the better you prepared the case, the better the chance

Super27

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Our TRV took 14 days, they will look at a few factors, 1. money in the bank for 6 months for spouse and the Canadian partner, 2. ties to home countries (properties, jobs, cars, businesses, relatives, jobs) 3. what is your spouse plan after the visitor visa is expired, we told them she will go back and wait for the spousal sponsorship. 4. a fixed deposits for 10K with local banks ( my spouse has to be back to redeem the fixed deposit sooner or later ). took us a long time to gather all documents, provided 33 documents in all , the better you prepared the case, the better the chance
Hi ! May I know when did you apply?

zhouliehui

Oct 6, 2020
we applied 2nd Dec 2020, approved 16 Dec 2020, be prepared to include s much infor as you can, as the officer will decide based on what you present, my agent helped me a little, I did my own research too based on the Covid-19 requirements