+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Sonali1990

Aug 25, 2017
Thank you for the info, appreciate it. As of now I am inclined to the option of getting legally married and telling them cultural ceremonies are planned for Oct. When the file is in progress I can travel to India in Oct right? I read that there is a rule that I must live in Canada during processing time, but I guess such visit for doing cultural marriage should be ok.
Yes, you can travel.

Reactions: Bhupinder Singh08
Apr 18, 2019
  1. Is it possible to bring the girl to Canada right after marriage?=NO OR ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE I wish I could bring her(my wife) with me too :)
  2. It may take 1 year sometimes 8 months in total depends on many factors; like no. of apps, covid etc etc.
  3. You can try for her TRV but again , U MUST prove that she will go back or she is coming for Phd admission or something pre-approved OTHERWISE A NO NO.
Thanks again for the info. And if we have to choose one from options- getting legal married first OR get legal and ceremonial marriage and then apply. Is the first option a riskier one? Since there will not be photos of the marriage function, but just telling them that i will do cultural wedding later in Oct because of so and so reason...is there anyone who actually went through similar way.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thanks again for the info. And if we have to choose one from options- getting legal married first OR get legal and ceremonial marriage and then apply. Is the first option a riskier one? Since there will not be photos of the marriage function, but just telling them that i will do cultural wedding later in Oct because of so and so reason...is there anyone who actually went through similar way.
All they are looking 4 is genuine relationship .And how we prove it? it's up to us. YES doing just a court marriage for them is a BIG TIME doubtful thing. But proving ceremonies later should be well justified as to why we did it late in a LOE letter of Explanation and then it will be fine. But try to do all of it and then Sponsor her. Some ppl sponsor 1st then do ceremonial thing , it is risky u may PRESS LIKE button :) if it is all helpful
Also whatever we do, should not do FOR THEM but should be done honestly for ourselves. Photos should speak out the story NOT taken for them but in real sense for our own love etc.. Same applies to letters OR chats all done in reality NOT just to show them. Copies of chat sessions, phone records
be4/after marriage will be required too. Shopping receipts of anything U give to wife be4/after marriage should be attached too. Visits to her and your side relatives say 1 or 2 pics are a must too.
So far in 2-3 years of our relations .>I have spent many LAkhs Rs.. visited her twice, honeymoon at awell known hill station 10 days, marriage Hall , drinks, taxies, court BRIBEs were too much just to get a marriage CERT 20,000, air tickets, scooty, U name it expenses are sky HIGH It includes monthly support as my wife lost her job due to COVID , rent, clothing all I am sending LIST goes on and on >>>>>>.:)

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019
All they are looking 4 is genuine relationship .And how we prove it? it's up to us. YES doing just a court marriage for them is a BIG TIME doubtful thing. But proving ceremonies later should be well justified as to why we did it late in a LOE letter of Explanation and then it will be fine. But try to do all of it and then Sponsor her. Some ppl sponsor 1st then do ceremonial thing , it is risky u may PRESS LIKE button :) if it is all helpful
Also whatever we do, should not do FOR THEM but should be done honestly for ourselves. Photos should speak out the story NOT taken for them but in real sense for our own love etc.. Same applies to letters OR chats all done in reality NOT just to show them. Copies of chat sessions, phone records
be4/after marriage will be required too. Shopping receipts of anything U give to wife be4/after marriage should be attached too. Visits to her and your side relatives say 1 or 2 pics are a must too.
So far in 2-3 years of our relations .>I have spent many LAkhs Rs.. visited her twice, honeymoon at awell known hill station 10 days, marriage Hall , drinks, taxies, court BRIBEs were too much just to get a marriage CERT 20,000, air tickets, scooty, U name it expenses are sky HIGH It includes monthly support as my wife lost her job due to COVID , rent, clothing all I am sending LIST goes on and on >>>>>>.:)
Thanks a lot man, helped a lot to get a good idea of the effort and process involved.

Reactions: singleman

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi All,

we have applied for a outland spousal sponsorship and we got AOR and also saying application moved to Visa office Ottawa. PA is in India and needs to move to native place due to pandemic and this is different from the communication address.

Could you let us know if there will be any mail or posts that would be sent by IRCC to communication address for PA? Quick reply would be much appreciated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All,

we have applied for a outland spousal sponsorship and we got AOR and also saying application moved to Visa office Ottawa. PA is in India and needs to move to native place due to pandemic and this is different from the communication address.

Could you let us know if there will be any mail or posts that would be sent by IRCC to communication address for PA? Quick reply would be much appreciated.
If you received previous by email, subsequent should be as well.

p86shah

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hi All,

Hi I don't think so, you need to inform IRCC . As all the correspondence are through email.

bawasingla

Jun 2, 2014
My wife lives in Canada since 2013 as a Canadian resident. We were in long distance relationship from past 10 years and finally got married on 3rd feb,2020 in india. She hired a lawyer in canada to help out fill the spousal sponsorship application and all the documents were submitted by the lawyers from their end by the end of July, 2020. Our tracking number does show that documents are submitted to sydney nova scotia immigration address. However, it’s being months that we are still waiting to get our application number but got no response as of yet. We are completely lost and not sure what to do at this point as everyone is saying covid is impacting all this. However, we just want to know that how long we should be waiting to get our application number ? How many more months ? And what’s the next step if we don’t get our application number ? Please advise if anyone knows anything (any advises and suggestions would be a great help to us). Thank you

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Dont be in rush these matters needs care and proper understanding as u r planning to get legally married and then ceremonial in this u are for sure going to get an interview from visa officer bcus they visa officers dont believe in legal marriage only and they know india is a big market for fake marriages so they will try to make sure u have done the ceremony as well and interviews make process lengthy so u will end up increasing the delay instead of decreasing. Moreover they know in punjabi culture or hindu culture how important ceremonies are so they will sure want proofs of ceremonies in which they can see number of guests and all. I would suggest u to go slow and gather proofs as many as u can and go with ceremonial marriage for smooth processing

Reactions: Bhupinder Singh08

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
My wife lives in Canada since 2013 as a Canadian resident. We were in long distance relationship from past 10 years and finally got married on 3rd feb,2020 in india. She hired a lawyer in canada to help out fill the spousal sponsorship application and all the documents were submitted by the lawyers from their end by the end of July, 2020. Our tracking number does show that documents are submitted to sydney nova scotia immigration address. However, it’s being months that we are still waiting to get our application number but got no response as of yet. We are completely lost and not sure what to do at this point as everyone is saying covid is impacting all this. However, we just want to know that how long we should be waiting to get our application number ? How many more months ? And what’s the next step if we don’t get our application number ? Please advise if anyone knows anything (any advises and suggestions would be a great help to us). Thank you
With covid I don't think anything is wrong, still lots of people ahead of you that haven't got AOR yet.

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
ask the lawyer or your wife to call CIC and get the temp number. this will give you relief that it was received and not lost in mail. that is the best we can do at this moment and wait for AOR.

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
hi all quick question:
1. i recently travelled to India. My spouse outland is in process. do I have to let ircc know in any stage that I travelled back after applying?
2. because I am under quarantine right now. i m not getting paid leaves? should I apply Canada recovery benefit which covers under situation of mandatory quarantine or I should not because with spousal application it says that person sponsoring should not receive any kind of social assistance from govt. other than ODSP. will they be checking my tax returns?
any insights will be helpful. thank you.

Last edited:

christorno

Dec 1, 2020
Hi,

I'm applying for a Spousal Sponsorship and including an open work permit request.

I'm currently on a working holiday visa and my working permit states "NOT VALID FOR WP-EXT".

My question is if I apply for the open work permit through the spousal sponsorship, will I be able to still get a working permit?

Thank you

Reactions: J20190911

nonamemike

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
March applicant. Havent given medical yet. Only received BIL yesterday, but yet to give it.

Today on ECAS, I can see DM under sponsership application and IN PROCESS under PR applicant.

Pls let me know what does it mean as we have not given medica yet but already seeing DM. Something to be worried?

Reactions: J20190911