+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi all quick question:
1. i recently travelled to India. My spouse outland is in process. do I have to let ircc know in any stage that I travelled back after applying?
2. because I am under quarantine right now. i m not getting paid leaves? should I apply Canada recovery benefit which covers under situation of mandatory quarantine or I should not because with spousal application it says that person sponsoring should not receive any kind of social assistance from govt. other than ODSP. will they be checking my tax returns?
any insights will be helpful. thank you.
1. You should not need to advise them. How long were you away?

2. CERB is not considered social assistance.

Reactions: cj7 and Sonali1990

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Hello All,

I am PR of Canada. I have been planning to do marriage in December or January by visiting India with small Indian traditional ceremony or court marriage. I have been in relation with my partner since September. I have following questions.

1. How quick I can file for her spouse sponsorship provided I will be back to Canada in January after doing marriage?
2. Based on current process time, what is expected time to get visa for her?
3. After filing for her PR file, can she apply for visitor visa? or is it advisable?
4. Are there any quick way to bring her to Canada?

I would appreciate your response. Thank you.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
hi all quick question:
1. i recently travelled to India. My spouse outland is in process. do I have to let ircc know in any stage that I travelled back after applying?
2. because I am under quarantine right now. i m not getting paid leaves? should I apply Canada recovery benefit which covers under situation of mandatory quarantine or I should not because with spousal application it says that person sponsoring should not receive any kind of social assistance from govt. other than ODSP. will they be checking my tax returns?
It is always good to inform them via webform that you visited spouse
I guess it wont affect your sponsorship. This does not look like a social thing. But lets hear more replies

Reactions: cj7

Siddiqua

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
Is there anyone from Bangladesh ?? Vfs dhaka has its worst service i got my ppr 19 November and they saying everyday that they are booked for any passport submission and even not telling when they are taking new appointments. I am running my time out here. What to do now please help

Nov 14, 2020
Hello everyone,
I applied visitor visa in May 2020. And it's still pending.
But In November i got married and now I want to apply spouse visa . For this i want to change my passport name(after marriage).
If my visitor visa get approved before spouse visa then what will happen if my name change on Passport?

Sonali1990

Aug 25, 2017
hi all quick question:
for your 2nd question, here is the reference
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/financial-assistance.html
go to the bottom of page

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

I am PR of Canada. I have been planning to do marriage in December or January by visiting India with small Indian traditional ceremony or court marriage. I have been in relation with my partner since September. I have following questions.

1. How quick I can file for her spouse sponsorship provided I will be back to Canada in January after doing marriage?
2. Based on current process time, what is expected time to get visa for her?
3. After filing for her PR file, can she apply for visitor visa? or is it advisable?
4. Are there any quick way to bring her to Canada?

I would appreciate your response. Thank you.
1. You can submit the sponsorship application as soon as you have returned to Canada.
2. Probably around a year but difficult to guess.
3. She can certainly apply for a TRV. It can be difficult to be approved with a Canadian spouse since IRCC knows she has plans on remaining in Canada long term. Also note that TRV processing times are quite long right now.
4. TRV would be the fastest. If she wants to continue studying in Canada then another option would be a study permit. She will want to make sure the program is is taking in Canada makes sense in light of her previous education and work experience. For example, if she already has a bachelor, then she would ideally be taking a masters in Canada. As with the TRV, it will be more difficult for her to be approved since you are Canadian.

av180791

Dec 29, 2015
Can I apply for TRV for my wife? I have submitted my file on 28 August 2020 and received 3 September but no update after that. I was wondering if i can call her on Temporary Visa until anything comes up. Any Idea if that will work?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Can I apply for TRV for my wife? I have submitted my file on 28 August 2020 and received 3 September but no update after that. I was wondering if i can call her on Temporary Visa until anything comes up. Any Idea if that will work?
We wish we all could call spouses here, but it won't happen that easy. U got to prove and satisfy them that she will go back.

Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
Hi guys.
What do they mean by this. Do I need to get vaccinated before I leave or is it ok to get vaccinations when I arrive in Canada?
I am currently not vaccinated.

Health Documentation

"Children in Canada are vaccinated (immunized) starting when they are newborns. Vaccinations help to prevent serious infections or diseases.

When you travel to Canada, bring official documents that state what vaccinations you and your family have already had. If you or your child hasn’t been vaccinated, call your doctor or local public health clinic right away.

In Canada, your children need immunization or vaccination records to enrol in school."

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys.
What do they mean by this. Do I need to get vaccinated before I leave or is it ok to get vaccinations when I arrive in Canada?

Health Documentation

"Children in Canada are vaccinated (immunized) starting when they are newborns. Vaccinations help to prevent serious infections or diseases.

When you travel to Canada, bring official documents that state what vaccinations you and your family have already had. If you or your child hasn’t been vaccinated, call your doctor or local public health clinic right away.

In Canada, your children need immunization or vaccination records to enrol in school."

Thanks in advance!
What they mean here are a few important things:
1) If you have children they MUST get vaccinations to go to school.
2) Bring your vaccination records with you to Canada, because otherwise you may have to get the vaccinations re-done.

(BTW I'm not sure but it's likely some jobs may require certain vaccinations)

I would strongly encourage you to get vaccinations done in Canada when you arrive if you haven't had. Doctors in Canada will do this (or make arrangements).

It may seem odd including fact that some of the illnesses are seen as "childhood" diseases, but there are big differences in what diseases are common in different parts of the world, and some of them are much, much more dangerous if you get them as an adult.

Sonali1990

Aug 25, 2017
Hi guys.

Health Documentation

Thanks in advance!
Hello,
I have personal experience with these vaccinations thing.

I had to do volunteer in a hospital, they asked me to bring my vaccinations record. I asked my mom to send over from India, but they said it’s an old record( usually vaccinations are given in childhood) and we cannot confirm if it’s good and complete( some words were not in English).

so, they sent me to get blood work, to check if I have immunity against hepatitis, BCG and some more.

When the results came, they said I have low immunity for Hepatitis B, and they asked me to get a booster dose.

similarly, with my friend, she came all negative against Hepatitis B, so she had to take all 3 shots and a booster.

blood work will be free as covered by OHIP, but if u will be low against some immunity, you pay for the injections.

So, you bring your child’s vaccination record, if something will be unclear or not as per Canadian protocol, they will order blood word and if anything needed, they will advice you. Also, I believe healthcare is totally free for children.

Thanks

Reactions: armoured

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi guys.

Health Documentation

Thanks in advance!
As others have said bring whatever immunization records you have with you, in order to enrol your child in school there is a list of vaccinations that are required to be done. In Ontario we submitted it to the school board then they arranged to have the couple other shots done that we didn't have. In ON it's free, I don't know about other provinces.

Reactions: Sonali1990