+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Tabby1

Apr 28, 2020
I have a question. I am in the process of doing my medical, I checked the form that they sent and realized that they put my previous married surname on the form. Not the present surname will all the documents that were sent to them.
Can I use a web form sent in the correction?

Sonali1990

Aug 25, 2017
Anyone who has received DM on ECAS, is that same status seen on GCKEY?
I have not got DM yet, but I am writing what I read from the forum.

On GCKEY , it never says DM.

The only update u see on GCKEY after Pre-Arrival, is application completed, and this happens when you have landed Or once the COPR is issued.

Also, not everyone receives Pre-Arrival, in case you did I not get, don’t stress.

Thanks

Reactions: Akshi_Goswami

Akshi_Goswami

Dec 12, 2019
Thanks for you inputs, one more question i accidentally revoked ECAS and couldn't find a way if an actual DM is made however i received a pre-arrival.Should i just wait before panicking?
I raised a web form for accidentally revoking ECAS but no reply yet.

I have not got DM yet, but I am writing what I read from the forum.

On GCKEY , it never says DM.

The only update u see on GCKEY, after Pre-arrival, is application completed, and this happens when you have landed Or once the COPR is issued.

Also, not everyone receives, PRE-arrival, in case you did I not get, don’t stress.

Thanks

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Hi,

I was wondering, my wife and I canceled my sponsorship application because it was an outside so we made it inside. That being said, I’m wondering if I leave the country (I’ve been here since July, and I can stay 6 months, then I can extend), for family reasons, then I return to Canada, after 2 months, what reason should I give them at the border ? Last time, I was with my Canadian spouse, it was easy; but now, I will be alone. Keep in mind, that I have no where to live, I left my job everything for my wife. So if I tell them, I will stay with my wife (which is true, we have a house, everything is settled), they might be concerned ? I don’t want to lie (I’ll stay only 6 month), because in reality, I’ll stay till a get my PR, and I will renew my extend every time, till I can’t, in that situation I’ll leave, I follow the rules.

Sonali1990

Aug 25, 2017
Thanks for you inputs, one more question i accidentally revoked ECAS and couldn't find a way if an actual DM is made however i received a pre-arrival.Should i just wait before panicking?
I raised a web form for accidentally revoking ECAS but no reply yet.
Yes, nothing to panik about. ECAS is just means of medium to know the progress. Since, you already received Pre-Arrival, the next step is getting PPR, which you will receive on your e-mail.

So, don’t stress about retrieving ECAS.

(When DM is made on ECAS, the next step is PPR, which sometimes takes days to come).

Is your VO - New Delhi? and what’s your timeline?

Thanks

Akshi_Goswami

Dec 12, 2019
Yes, nothing to panik about. ECAS is just means of medium to know the progress. Since, you already received Pre-Arrival, the next step is getting PPR, which you will receive on your e-mail.

(When DM is made on ECAS, the next step is PPR, which sometimes takes days to come).

Thanks
Unfortunately just before seeing DM we lost access to CAS,
However please find my timeline
23-03-2020 App received.
22-10-2020 Bio requested
23-10-2020 Medival Req
03-11-2020 Medical passed
26-10-2020 SA
28-10-2020 File moved to Ottawa VO
18-11-2020-Pre arrival
lost access to ECAS on 29-11-2020

Reactions: Sonali1990

Akshi_Goswami

Dec 12, 2019

Thanks
Is the PPR from NDVO(PA's country) or from VO (Where file was processed)

Akshi_Goswami

Dec 12, 2019
I have read this from couple of forums only.

If your spouse is in India, irrespective of which office issues you PPR, you have to send your passport in India VAC for stamping.
Got it. I have heard some view stating NDVO being slow which has bought this panic all together

Pink567

Oct 22, 2020
Hi. My friend got her medical done on 18th November but her medical results aren’t uploaded on GC key or ECAS. Can anyone tell us after how much time results are uploaded??

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi. My friend got her medical done on 18th November but her medical results aren’t uploaded on GC key or ECAS. Can anyone tell us after how much time results are uploaded??
Not fixed but usually (at least before covid) was a matter of days/a week, not multiple weeks.

What is your friend seeing in gckey/ecas, i.e. what does it specifically say about medical/medical results? (I mean it doesn't 'show' medical results, usually just a few words, can't recall offhand - I think 'passed' was all it showed in our case)

She can write/raise a webform to inquire, but that may not be quick.

Reactions: Pink567

Pink567

Oct 22, 2020
Not fixed but usually (at least before covid) was a matter of days/a week, not multiple weeks.

What is your friend seeing in gckey/ecas, i.e. what does it specifically say about medical/medical results? (I mean it doesn't 'show' medical results, usually just a few words, can't recall offhand - I think 'passed' was all it showed in our case)

She can write/raise a webform to inquire, but that may not be quick.
Thanks for replying. ECAS just shows that they have sent medical instructions. And I am not sure about GCKey. Her lawyer told them that results aren’t received yet. Her country of birth was wrong. She didn’t get reply of that webform as well.