+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

arasteh_sh

Nov 9, 2020
Anything that you have where both of you are on the same statement, rental agreement, insurance, hydro and/or individual bills showing the same address for both of you. 3-4 of those things should be enough.
Thanks! After I mail all document do I have to make an online account? if yes what kind of account and how can I link my application?

Navreet073

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Hey
File submitted: 31july2020
Biometric req: 17nov2020
AOR and Med req: 18nov2020
MED nd biometric: 25nov 2020
File sent to VO Ottawa: 25nov 2020
Anyone from this timeline?

Reactions: cj7

Ali999

Dec 8, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have a question regarding translating chats (like whatsapp), first I have exported the file of conversations and selected a sample of 10 pages. Should the chats be translated to English by a notary office in Canada or can it be translated by myself or a friend of mine? I am planning to attached 10 pages of chats and 10 pages of conversations.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have a question regarding translating chats (like whatsapp), first I have exported the file of conversations and selected a sample of 10 pages. Should the chats be translated to English by a notary office in Canada or can it be translated by myself or a friend of mine? I am planning to attached 10 pages of chats and 10 pages of conversations.
Must be a certified translation. Doesn't have to be in Canada but not just "I had a buddy do it."

Rohan Khanna

Dec 8, 2020
I am a march 20 Applicant. Biometrics and Medical given in October. My Sponsorship Application Status says Decision made and Permanent Residence Application Status says Decision Made. I have received Pre arrival letter on Nov 21. Visa office is Ottawa

I wanted to know how much time they take to send PPR. When can i expect !!

Reactions: D&S

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
1. You can submit the sponsorship application as soon as you have returned to Canada.
2. Probably around a year but difficult to guess.
3. She can certainly apply for a TRV. It can be difficult to be approved with a Canadian spouse since IRCC knows she has plans on remaining in Canada long term. Also note that TRV processing times are quite long right now.
4. TRV would be the fastest. If she wants to continue studying in Canada then another option would be a study permit. She will want to make sure the program is is taking in Canada makes sense in light of her previous education and work experience. For example, if she already has a bachelor, then she would ideally be taking a masters in Canada. As with the TRV, it will be more difficult for her to be approved since you are Canadian.
Thanks for the quick and succinct response@scylla. I really appreciate it. I have add on question on 1st point. For applying spouse sponsorship, any specific way of marriage/ documents /ceremony evidence that I should be taking care of ? So that I can follow that process in order to avoid any future impediments.

Regarding 4th point, she has around 5 years of gap after her bachelors as she completed bachelors in around 2015 and then all she has is Visa consultant experience with IDP Australia( India branch). Not sure 5 years of gap after her bachelor would convince student visa officer for her aspiration to do master in Canada. what is your view on that?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the quick and succinct response@scylla. I really appreciate it. I have add on question on 1st point. For applying spouse sponsorship, any specific way of marriage/ documents /ceremony evidence that I should be taking care of ? So that I can follow that process in order to avoid any future impediments.

Regarding 4th point, she has around 5 years of gap after her bachelors as she completed bachelors in around 2015 and then all she has is Visa consultant experience with IDP Australia( India branch). Not sure 5 years of gap after her bachelor would convince student visa officer for her aspiration to do master in Canada. what is your view on that?
For the evidence, follow the directions in the application guide on the IRCC web site.

A Master's would be a logical progression in her studies. She should made sure she picks a decent school.

Reactions: priks1425

onlymtl

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
Hi,

I submitted a sponsorship application (outland) for my wife back in June.

Today, we got Biometric and Medical requests, but the strange thing is she has still not got AOR. (All I have is an application number starting with F)

I tried looking the app up in ECAS and even linking it, but nothing works.

Has anyone experienced or know anyone here that might have had a similar thing happened to them?

Akshi_Goswami

Dec 12, 2019
Hi,

I submitted a sponsorship application (outland) for my wife back in June.

Today, we got Biometric and Medical requests, but the strange thing is she has still not got AOR. (All I have is an application number starting with F)

I tried looking the app up in ECAS and even linking it, but nothing works.

Has anyone experienced or know anyone here that might have had a similar thing happened to them?
It will take two to three days for you, even we experienced the same

Reactions: onlymtl

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife applied to spouse Sponsorship me at 6th of April, since then we got no confirmation, no calls, no emails. literally nothing? is that normal ? We don't even know if they have received our paperwork yet.
Too long of a wait. Consider calling IRCC to find out what happened. Do you have a tracking number when you shipped your application. I hope your application didn't get lost. Good luck! I hope you hear from them soon.

Navreet073

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Hey
File submitted: 31july2020
Biometric req: 17nov2020
AOR and Med req: 18nov2020
MED nd biometric: 25nov 2020
File sent to VO Ottawa: 25nov 2020
Anyone from this timeline?
My PR application status on ecas changed from in progess to application received?
Anyone knw whts tht mean?