+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Aug 30, 2020
Hi I'm a January 2020 applicant with back ground verification in progress but no update after March 10 so please help me with details what will happen please if anyone knows please tell me my husband sponsored me the permanent resident

PG12

Sep 22, 2016
Hello Everyone, due to covid-19, all the applications are processing very slow, may I know how much is the average time currently if you receivce an ITA till the time of getting PR ?

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
There will be a second protest on 19 September 2020 pls let's all join and speak about our grievances.
Thank u
Where cause I live in SK

Mpup87

Jan 7, 2017
I would like to put few points regarding the present situation.
Many of us Who are PR not citizens are just in canada to fulfill condition of to be in Canada to sponsor our spouses while our spouse is in his/ Her home country. Thus we can raise this point at appropriate level to waive this condition so that we can sponsor our spouse while staying with him/her.
Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I would like to put few points regarding the present situation.
Many of us Who are PR not citizens are just in canada to fulfill condition of to be in Canada to sponsor our spouses while our spouse is in his/ Her home country. Thus we can raise this point at appropriate level to waive this condition so that we can sponsor our spouse while staying with him/her.
Thanks
Strongly disagree. The Canadian spousal immigration system for PRs does not exist for you to get PR status for your spouses. Your PR status is for you to be a PR resident in Canada, and the sponsorship for them to allow you to bring your spouse to reside in Canada.

If you're staying "just" to get PR status for your spouse, the government (rightly in my view) does not care about that.

Note I do not wish to even hint at the hoary and awful "go back" anti-immigrant phrasing. I'm not saying that.

Yes, the system is slow and problematic in lots of ways, especially now - complain to MPs and everyone you wish. I agree. But if you say you "are just in canada to fulfill condition of to be in Canada to sponsor our spouses", you've misunderstood the point of permanent residence.

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
I
Strongly disagree. The Canadian spousal immigration system for PRs does not exist for you to get PR status for your spouses. Your PR status is for you to be a PR resident in Canada, and the sponsorship for them to allow you to bring your spouse to reside in Canada.

If you're staying "just" to get PR status for your spouse, the government (rightly in my view) does not care about that.

Note I do not wish to even hint at the hoary and awful "go back" anti-immigrant phrasing. I'm not saying that.

Yes, the system is slow and problematic in lots of ways, especially now - complain to MPs and everyone you wish. I agree. But if you say you "are just in canada to fulfill condition of to be in Canada to sponsor our spouses", you've misunderstood the point of permanent residence.
I think what he is trying to say is that pr who are sponsoring their spouses can't be away from Canada for extended periods of time to be with their spouse which is not the same case with citizens who can stay away for extended periods with their spouses and it won't affect the application. With all covid you have to quarantine for 1 month altogether (spouse country and Canada) which leaves very little or exactly no time to spend with the spouse.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I

I think what he is trying to say is that pr who are sponsoring their spouses can't be away from Canada for extended periods of time to be with their spouse which is not the same case with citizens who can stay away for extended periods with their spouses and it won't affect the application. With all covid you have to quarantine for 1 month altogether (spouse country and Canada) which leaves very little or exactly no time to spend with the spouse.
That's a fair point and a more charitable interpretation of what the poster meant to say. No offence meant and I apologise for not taking the more charitable interpretation first.

Even so, best to avoid that phrasing: it's a real issue that some PRs don't really reside in Canada and want the benefits, including bringing family in (you can read other parts of this site to see how common it is). PR is to establish permanent residence. Support in Canada for immigration is pretty strong - but conditioned on it being for people who really want to and do move to reside permanently. Language that suggests PRs do not really want to live in Canada will not be interpreted positively.

But yes, particularly right now, the requirement to reside in Canada during the process - esp with quarantine rules - is onerous.

expat4can2

Jan 5, 2019
Hi, my friend is a US Green Card holder who got married to a Canadian PR about 8 months ago. She has visited Canada once after marriage and stayed for a month. She has now went to Canada to visit her husband since the beginning of August after coronavirus lockdown and everything. She lives in USA and not a citizen.

Her husband would like to apply for her Canadian PR but she would like to know which option inland or outland will be better. She needs to visit USA atleast for a week every 6 months to maintain her US Green Card. She intends to apply for her US Citizenship 16 months from today or it can be pushed back if needed.

1. If she applies outland, can she visit her husband in Canada from USA while the PR application is ongoing for 12-14 months it takes to process or is visitor visa usually denied? Can she applies outland while she is actually in Canada let's say next week? Or does she needs to leave?

2. If she applies inland, can she leave Canada and visit USA and come back?

Thanks!

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
Toot-Toot. Tooting my own horn. lol ;- )

Hello All,

My PR application was delivered and signed for today at 1:53 pm at Sydney, Nova Scotia.

I am a spousal PR applicant living with my wife (Canadian citizen) in the USA. Oddly enough, we went through similar steps 20 years ago getting her here into the USA with a US fiancee Visa and then US PR and then US Citizenship. But now the roles are reversed (and she is here in the US with me, which explains why the form went to Sydney).

Now, I only have to wait 3 or more months for an acknowledgement! I can't believe I have to wait so long just to "link" my on-line account with the paper application.

Oh, I hope I hope I hope I did all the "checkmarks" properly on IMM 5533; they are so confusing! And then form IMM 5669! ...must Type your name in the signature box at the bottom where it says I acknowledge that typing my name is my electronic signature. But then IMM 5533 says I must also manually sign IMM 5669! What if I had missed that little clause? Which I didn't, but how many other little pratfalls might I have actually committed that may lead to my pitfall of a returned application in 5 months time?

In the end I was pretty pleased with my 31 oz (0.8 kg) "football" sent off by Fedex. I am even surprised that it suffered no delays in getting there. I know that Sydney is almost at the end of the Earth (and it is actually a nice town and region to sight see).

A good part of my working career was spent putting together packages of documentation for clients. I always took great pride in presenting a handsome package. In the case of my PR application I wanted to have it nicely presented. But they restrict what you can do (and I have seen some awesome-looking packages shown here in the forums with photographs of the complete package) and I really had to restrain myself. In the end I just went for a plain package, in a large ZipLock bag with the IMM 5533 checklist looking out. The bag for protection against water intrusion and to keep things tidy. I added titled separator sheets between logical sections as my only concession to my obsession with organization.

G'day.

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
hello everyone. I wrote above that I want to stop working with the consult. tell me, please, do I need to warn him before filling out the rejection form? we are afraid that he will spoil something for us if he finds out beforehand. and you're sure our case won't be brought back because of this?

Gaurav26

Feb 9, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi
I am new to this.
my wife applied for my spousal visa for pr to Canada in October 2019. Medical done and file got transferred to NDVO in Jan. I got tourist visa in feb and I moved to Canada. Anyone who is October Outland any progress in there file. Any movement from NDVO.