Feb 2020
Application recd - 17th Feb 2020
AOR recd - 26th Feb 2020
Biometric request - 10th March 2020
Sponsorship Approved - 11th March 2020
Biometric Passed- 12th March 2020
Medical Passed - 13th March 2020
File move to Ottawa - 3rd Sept, 2020

MY question is for outland application usually file move to Mississauga office i am wondering why they move my file to Ottawa visa office???? Anyone have any update about this why they move over there????? mine almost everything is Done just Background Check and security check pending??? Anyone in similar Situation ??

Diplomat07

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
♥ Vinamra ♥

#spouse sponsorship# Outland # India
Feb 2020
Application recd - 17th Feb 2020
AOR recd - 26th Feb 2020
Biometric request - 10th March 2020
Sponsorship Approved - 11th March 2020
Biometric Passed- 12th March 2020
Medical Passed - 13th March 2020
File move to Ottawa - 3rd Sept, 2020

MY question is for outland application usually file move to Mississauga office i am wondering why they move my file to Ottawa visa office???? Anyone have any update about this why they move over there????? mine almost everything is Done just Background Check and security check pending??? Anyone in similar Situation ??
may be your file was supposed to go to NDVO and due to the current situation in India, your file went to Ottawa instead of NDVO. Did you ever apply for GCMS notes?

aliseell

Dec 13, 2019
Hi everyone!
I'm just curious to know how many other Russians are on here that are currently undergoing the family sponsorship process and how has the VACs closure affected you? Have any of you been able to find a solution around the closure to make your case move forward?

Harmanharbhajan

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi, I just got my COPR.. but waiting for PR card... My husband is in Canada and now I want to sponsor him.. can I apply for him now or only after PR CARD?

Linux100

Sep 4, 2020
My application was sent to inland Mississauga case processing address instead of outland case processing address in Novo Scotia. What should i do now because my spouse and family sponsorship application is an outland application. Should i prepare a new application? I need an advice

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My application was sent to inland Mississauga case processing address instead of outland case processing address in Novo Scotia. What should i do now because my spouse and family sponsorship application is an outland application. Should i prepare a new application? I need an advice
You're fine, some files for outland are handled in mississauga. If anything a sign that your file is relatively straightforward. Unfortunately right now hard to say whether that will mean quicker processing.

Linux100

Sep 4, 2020
You're fine, some files for outland are handled in mississauga. If anything a sign that your file is relatively straightforward. Unfortunately right now hard to say whether that will mean quicker processing.
My wife who reside in Quebec made the mistake by sending it to mississauga and that was July 2nd and not yet receive aor yet but scared if they will return the application when they realize is the wrong address instead oF NOVO SCOTIA SYDNEY

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My wife who reside in Quebec made the mistake by sending it to mississauga and that was July 2nd and not yet receive aor yet but scared if they will return the application when they realize is the wrong address instead oF NOVO SCOTIA SYDNEY
Apologies, I misunderstood your "was sent to..." - I assumed that you had meant that IRCC sent it there, not you and your spouse.

Hard to say. In past, some here have said that IRCC simply sent it on to Sydney. Can't say they will do this in your case for sure. At any rate, you would likely not have received AOR yet, due to covid, March applicants are only now receiving (mostly).

Suggest you contact IRCC by phone and attempt to determine whether they've given it a temporary file number. If they have, it's possible they've just accepted it and will process normally.

Linux100

Sep 4, 2020
Apologies, I misunderstood your "was sent to..." - I assumed that you had meant that IRCC sent it there, not you and your spouse.

Hard to say. In past, some here have said that IRCC simply sent it on to Sydney. Can't say they will do this in your case for sure. At any rate, you would likely not have received AOR yet, due to covid, March applicants are only now receiving (mostly).

Suggest you contact IRCC by phone and attempt to determine whether they've given it a temporary file number. If they have, it's possible they've just accepted it and will process normally.
Yes we called them and they said the application is not yet in their system. So do they give temporary file number even if it not their system yet

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
IN the past it was a V good sign if file goes to Mississauga. But again if it is further sent to VO it takes more time for clarification from the country of Applicant. Eventually all files go to VO of applicant.

Linux100

Sep 4, 2020
IN the past it was a V good sign if file goes to Mississauga. But again if it is further sent to VO it takes more time for clarification from the country of Applicant. Eventually all files go to VO of applicant.
It was sent to Mississauga by my wife not IRCC. She made a mistake of the mailing address to Mississauga instead of Sydney novo Scotia. So now i don't know if i should prepare a new application and mail it to Sydney