+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Diplomat07

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Hello,

On the IMM 5533 checklist, there's a section for the sponsors supporting documents. It asks to show proof of employment/source of income and my wife is currently living/working in Canada. What documents other than the original letter from your employer would I be able to use?

Also, does anybody have an update on how long applications are taking to process?

Thank you.
You can show letter from employer, recent paystub and previous year notice of assessment

viralrana2020

Aug 11, 2020
You can show letter from employer, recent paystub and previous year notice of assessment

i have submitted Notice of assessment and Company letter and as per prossesing time of application for now in the covid situtaion is worst as there is no timeline for anyone.. the people in immigration working with limited staff so processing is very slow .. just hope for the best !!!!!

singh30

Jul 15, 2020
Sorry, I don't know the answer for that, maybe somebody else will answer. Generally though if it SPECIFICALLY says to include a document with the application you should do that, if it just says you might have to provide it later then don't do it now and wait to see if they ask for it. A RCMP clearance normally doesn't take long to get,
Thanks dear

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
i was asking because my outland march 2nd app already is in the system and i got app number and even biometrics request. so i just wanted to know if i was passed the phase of return lol
Yes, your app should NOT be returned if you're that far!

Delhi321

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Hello everyone,
My application is moved to Family Reunification. I am unsure what that means. How long will it take now ? Because the file has already completed a one year mark!
how do you it has been moved to family reunification, what is this mean really. Seems like good thing as this will process faster now I think.

Delhi321

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Outland Application
AOR1 - January 15, 2020
Biometrics - February 16, 2020
Medical - February 18, 2020
Sponsor Eligibility Received - February 19, 2020
Transferred to LVO - March 9, 2020
---------- covid ---------------- silence --------------
July 30, 2020 - They started processing in LVO (ECAS notes)
AOR2 - August 14,2020
where is your LVO?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
how do you it has been moved to family reunification, what is this mean really. Seems like good thing as this will process faster now I think.
I am guessing but I think the "family reunification unit" is just a functional unit within the embassy in question. Coded in gcms to distinguish from eg the student visa section or TRV unit. For practical purposes just says it is in the responsible embassy.

AVI1313

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2019
LANDED..........
16-09-2019
There is no such program for outland applicants. If your wife has a strong travel history, I would recommend applying for Visitor Visa ahead of your marriage. Do not show any relation or contact between you and her. That's all your a do. After you sponsored her, there is no way they going to approve the visitor visa and keep rejecting it on dual intent reasons.
I would suggest you to apply for visitor visa and once she is here, you can apply for inland sponsorship.

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
Invalid Session
Your Sign In session has timed out or is invalid. Please return to the Government of Canada online application to Sign In again.
To help protect your information, please close your browser before leaving this computer unattended.
Anyone’s having the same problem right now?

gchan

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Invalid Session
Your Sign In session has timed out or is invalid. Please return to the Government of Canada online application to Sign In again.
To help protect your information, please close your browser before leaving this computer unattended.
Anyone’s having the same problem right now?
Yes, I tried to log in again in an incognito window and it worked

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
SO, the only thing I'm waiting on to be able to send my application in is my passport style photographs. Is there even any point sending those since they will be expired before the envelope even gets opened? Or is it a case where I have to enclose them now and then they will just request new ones in 6 months when they finally get to my application?

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
SO, the only thing I'm waiting on to be able to send my application in is my passport style photographs. Is there even any point sending those since they will be expired before the envelope even gets opened? Or is it a case where I have to enclose them now and then they will just request new ones in 6 months when they finally get to my application?
If it is a part of your checklist and applicable to you, then you must send it be it anything. And yes, passport size photographs are mandatory here.

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
If it is a part of your checklist and applicable to you, then you must send it be it anything. And yes, passport size photographs are mandatory here.
Alright, I will keep trying to get them then. I've spent over $100 on passport photos so far only to have all of them cut the wrong size and not signed correctly. US passport photos are a different size, so, it's been really difficult to get correctly sized Canadian ones. I think I'll take my own photo and send to one of those mail order places because the only passport photo places left open around here are CVS and Walgreens and neither can get it right even though they specify that they take the Canadian version as well. Not to mention, I'm in Florida, so literally risking Covid every time since we have rampant infection.