AOR Received.
15-01-2020
File Transfer...
09-03-2020
Med's Request
17-02-2020
Med's Done....
26-02-2020
Can anyone tell me what does ELIGIBILITY NOT STARTED means?

they have to check for eligibility of both..
for Sponsor - if they are eligible to sponsor ( in my case it was done prior to sending our application to LVO)
for the applicant - it they met the requirements they have applied for ( this is when your application is in LVO or wherever your application is routed to)

couplefromDubai

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Use the actual date of 2011, it shouldn't be a problem for that.

If you didn't declare yourself a non-resident for tax purposes you should have been filing a return every year. I don't know if that would impact your application but it could be an issue with CRA down the road. I don't think the OSAP loan shows an intention to return to Canada. You will have to demonstrate your intention to return by searching for jobs and accommodations. They won't expect you to actually have these things in place but they do show intention. You do have more than just social ties in Canada, bank account, loan and driver's licence count as ties, that can help your case since you still have those.
Is it true that you are automatically a Non-Resident if you are in the country less than 183 days out of the year? That's what happened to me so I thought I didn't need to declare non residency and it would kind of happen automatically. So I filed a a tax return in 2016 for the 2015 year, despite not living in Canada. I know it was wrong but now I can't reverse it so I need help going forward so it won't be a problem with my application...I'm really worried about it..dont know if I need to hire a lawyer just for that reason.. thanks ...

lanka1204

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
London visa office
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Doc's Request.
13-01-2020 Military service
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
So I recive massage like that's
Dear Applicant,

Your application is in line for review by an assessing officer, however there are no further updates to provide at this time.

It's a good sign?

Brownie123

Jan 7, 2020
So I recive massage like that's
Dear Applicant,

Your application is in line for review by an assessing officer, however there are no further updates to provide at this time.

It's a good sign?
They said this to me in May 2020. After I sent them an e-mail asking where my husbands file is currently.... it had been a little over a year.... I think they are sending this e-mail to whoever is asking them about the process of their file.... by the way after I got this e- mail in May..... nothing after that

lanka1204

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
London visa office
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Doc's Request.
13-01-2020 Military service
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
They said this to me in May 2020. After I sent them an e-mail asking where my husbands file is currently.... it had been a little over a year.... I think they are sending this e-mail to whoever is asking them about the process of their file.... by the way after I got this e- mail in May..... nothing after that
hmm..sound not really good. anyway we need to wait , i just want more detail ...

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Is it true that you are automatically a Non-Resident if you are in the country less than 183 days out of the year? That's what happened to me so I thought I didn't need to declare non residency and it would kind of happen automatically. So I filed a a tax return in 2016 for the 2015 year, despite not living in Canada. I know it was wrong but now I can't reverse it so I need help going forward so it won't be a problem with my application...I'm really worried about it..dont know if I need to hire a lawyer just for that reason.. thanks ...
No, it isn't automatic. If you are looking to be a non-resident for tax purposes you have to advise CRA via a form they have. The issues you might have with CRA is different from the PR application. IRCC has access to info from CRA, might raise questions but that isn't your most immediate concern with the PR application IMO. That might be something you might want a lawyer or tax accountant to advise you how to proceed on regarding the tax situation.

Being outside the country you will have to demonstrate to IRCC that you will return once the PR app is approved. That you are searching for jobs in Canada. That you are looking for a place to live or that you have a place to stay with relatives etc. The biggest thing to prove is that you have the resources to support you and your spouse when you return to Canada, either through savings, and other assets etc if you don't have a job lined up. Hiring an Immigration lawyer to deal with your tax situation will not help, they aren't usually cross trained in different fields like that. To submit the PR application you do not need a lawyer or consultant. Consultants a lot of time don't have your best interest at heart, also a lot of their knowledge seems to be in doubt seeing all the problems people on this forum have had with them. Majority of people do it by themselves as long as they clearly understand the directions on the application package.

singh30

Jul 15, 2020
Hi friends,
I need help for below points. please assist.

1) will electronic supporting documents such as bank statements/credit card statements/ paystubs etc would be accepted or it has to be mailed to your address?

2) I am in Canada for the last 3 years however in form 5532 they asked for the last 5 years' employment details so should I include my back home job?

singh30

Jul 15, 2020
Hey Guys,

For Inland spouse sponsorship (I and my common law are living together) do we have to provide RCMP clearance with the application? I know it says they will ask it later but I just wanted to know if anyone here provided RCMP clearance with the application? should I go for it ? what do you guys suggest

Reactions: Blahblahblah15

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi friends,
I need help for below points. please assist.

1) will electronic supporting documents such as bank statements/credit card statements/ paystubs etc would be accepted or it has to be mailed to your address?

2) I am in Canada for the last 3 years however in form 5532 they asked for the last 5 years' employment details so should I include my back home job?

Electronic copies are fine. Include you jobs back home as well.

Reactions: singh30

singh30

Jul 15, 2020
Electronic copies are fine. Include you jobs back home as well.
For Inland spouse sponsorship (I and my common law are living together) do we have to provide RCMP clearance with the application? I know it says they will ask it later but I just wanted to know if anyone here provided RCMP clearance with the application? should I go for it ? what do you guys suggest

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Guys I’m just wondering how do you know your application is complete after u sent it? At what stage do you know you’re not missing anything?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Sorry, I don't know the answer for that, maybe somebody else will answer. Generally though if it SPECIFICALLY says to include a document with the application you should do that, if it just says you might have to provide it later then don't do it now and wait to see if they ask for it. A RCMP clearance normally doesn't take long to get,

Reactions: singh30