+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mary168

Jan 25, 2020
To the person who was asking about Canadian citizenship card and wondering when they became a citizen .. I too had the same problem , and today I called immigration and I gave them my number and she found out the exact date I became a Canadian citizen . Call the 1-888-242-2100.

MountSheba

Dec 20, 2019
Hello,

I would like to find out if anybody is experiencing the same on GCKey for Biometrics?

The Details Section at the bottom of the application info page for 'Biometrics' reports that my biometrics have not yet been received. My biometrics were taken and at the top of the page there is a biometrics number, enrollment date and expiry date. However, I still have the letter and 'not received' status at the bottom.

mary168

Jan 25, 2020
Does anyone recommend letting spousal sponsorship know that my husband had tried to apply for a visiting visa 8 months after we were married and was refused on the application for spousal sponsorship ?? Thanks

som3body

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Does anyone recommend letting spousal sponsorship know that my husband had tried to apply for a visiting visa 8 months after we were married and was refused on the application for spousal sponsorship ?? Thanks
They would know regardless, when they run your husbands passport through their system. I applied for my wife's visitor visa. It got rejected. I informed them of it. I don't think you should lie on the application or hide anything. It can cause problems for you in the long run. You should mention it, they ask for the specific reasons why it was rejected. It was probably due to not having strong enough ties back home to return after coming to Canada.

mary168

Jan 25, 2020
They would know regardless, when they run your husbands passport through their system. I applied for my wife's visitor visa. It got rejected. I informed them of it. I don't think you should lie on the application or hide anything. It can cause problems for you in the long run. You should mention it, they ask for the specific reasons why it was rejected. It was probably due to not having strong enough ties back home to return after coming to Canada.
Yes that was the reason for the rejection . I was planning to inform them this on the covering letter that he was rejected for a visiting visa and attach the rejection letter as well .

som3body

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Yes that was the reason for the rejection . I was planning to inform them this on the covering letter that he was rejected for a visiting visa and attach the rejection letter as well .
You should most definitely do that,that is exactly what we did. Be safe don't give them any reason to delay or reject your application.

kevinmanojkumar1990

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
HI All,
for Proof of contact, i am planning to take screenshots of my entire watsapp call history with my spouse for the last 3 months ( i am not able to find any app which would extract my call history). are screenshots for watsapp call history acceptable or should i have them attested by someone certified?
Also can i collage 3/4 screenshots into a single document?

Thanks

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
HI All,
for Proof of contact, i am planning to take screenshots of my entire watsapp call history with my spouse for the last 3 months ( i am not able to find any app which would extract my call history). are screenshots for watsapp call history acceptable or should i have them attested by someone certified?
Also can i collage 3/4 screenshots into a single document?

Thanks

It's very easy , first make sure to make his name same as his number to be trursted if they try to make a call for the number ,

then you can make screen shoot easly try to make the date visible for al least every 4 days in the month will be enough , then put these screenshot by the date on word document , then you can print it , take easy they only will check if you are really in relationship with each other , or the marriage is fake ,

Note :- don't forget that the chat need to show number . No need to all the name

kevinmanojkumar1990

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
It's very easy , first make sure to make his name same as his number to be trursted if they try to make a call for the number ,

then you can make screen shoot easly try to make the date visible for al least every 4 days in the month will be enough , then put these screenshot by the date on word document , then you can print it , take easy they only will check if you are really in relationship with each other , or the marriage is fake ,

Note :- don't forget that the chat need to show number . No need to all the name
Hi, thanks for ur response. By showing number, u mean save my contact as a phone number? and not as my name?

Rani C

Nov 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I have submitted my passport to Ottawa office for Final stamping (dependent application) on Monday. Just wanted to check, how long does it takes to get the passport back ?
Thanks.

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I have submitted my passport to Ottawa office for Final stamping (dependent application) on Monday. Just wanted to check, how long does it takes to get the passport back ?
Thanks.
No idea but belong to what I see from other application it should be maximum two weeks , congratulations

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I applying for sponsoring my spouse who is currently working in UAE.

He doesn't have work experience documents as he has worked in private firms
Secondly he had education for less than 16 years
How will this affect his application
It won't.