+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
You can apply to extend as a visitor. I did that when my IEC was expiring and I got approved for a further 6 months.
That should be enough for you to apply for a common-law sponsorship with OWP - when they process OWP, it gives you implied status so you will be able to stay until they make a decision on that.
Thanks for the reply. Is there a good chance they'll give me a visitors visa coming off straight from my working holiday visa? And do I need to leave and seen her the country to activate the visitors visa?

And the plan was that if go back to the UK to work whilst they process my application. It will be too difficult to not work for a year.

baljeet9386

Oct 2, 2019
Hi I'm from Philippines...
My partner sponsored me common law...I did my medical and biometric July 26, 2019 and submitted August 6, 2019. I keep on updating my application in ecas but it only says Medical Results have been received and it's almost 2months now since my medical result have been submitted... My question is how long they gonna email me for my PPR? Thank you!
I have been waiting for 14 months, so it will take time , just wait

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Thanks for the reply. Is there a good chance they'll give me a visitors visa coming off straight from my working holiday visa? And do I need to leave and seen her the country to activate the visitors visa?

And the plan was that if go back to the UK to work whilst they process my application. It will be too difficult to not work for a year.
I didn't have a problem with getting my visitors extension straight after my working holidays (IEC) - seeing that you're from a visa-excempt country (am I right?). You don't need a visa, they will just extend your status as a visitor. When you get approved, they will send you a permit stating when you have to leave by. You don't have to leave to activate it, you will be in status soon as you get approved.

Reactions: theafjioman

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
I didn't have a problem with getting my visitors extension straight after my working holidays (IEC) - seeing that you're from a visa-excempt country (am I right?). You don't need a visa, they will just extend your status as a visitor. When you get approved, they will send you a permit stating when you have to leave by. You don't have to leave to activate it, you will be in status soon as you get approved.
I'm from the UK so I just need an eTA. So I just need to apply for one of those before my visa expires on March 11th. Then I can stay without needing to leave the country?

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
I'm from the UK so I just need an eTA. So I just need to apply for one of those before my visa expires on March 11th. Then I can stay without needing to leave the country?
That's correct. Ideally you should apply 30 days before your status expires. It's an online application but they do have some documents that you need to submit so I suggest you look into that.

Reactions: theafjioman

Wahedi

Sep 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
london visa office
Be careful on giving out false information. As a PR, it it a risk leaving the country and even more for 2 months, it is definitely too long of a time to leave while the application is in progress. A clear restriction on the basic guide states that a PR must be in Canada, unlike Canadian Citizens.
2 months long enough for Immigration to assume you could be living in that country. It's her/ his risk to take.
But be careful on the information you share - it could impact other peoples applications.

@annjo
idk how does ppl gets confuses in the term living in canada its clearly stated being a PR u have to be physically present in canada once u apply and get ur eligibility email (sponsor) he/she can travel to visit his/her spouse family or anyone. i had the same confussion which was cleard by calling the CiC soo chill nd travel with confidence.
my wife is here wd me frm last 2 months and 13 days nd our file is being transfrd to LVO nd is being undr process
if still the confusion presist call cic they will be more hlpfull
for spousal sponsership there is no low income cut off condition for spousal sponserships :rolleyes:

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
hi, I am a PR and recently got married, my spouse is in India. My parents were not able to attend my marriage in India due to some financial issues. should I attach my Parents consent letter stating they have no issues with the marriage and are giving consent to our marriage. should I also attach my spouses parents consent letter?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
hi, I am a PR and recently got married, my spouse is in India. My parents were not able to attend my marriage in India due to some financial issues. should I attach my Parents consent letter stating they have no issues with the marriage and are giving consent to our marriage. should I also attach my spouses parents consent letter?
Are you both adults? if yes, why on earth would you need "consent" from anybody to get married?!!!! Just state the reason why they could not attend. If they ask for more clarification then you can think what next to do.

FYI - My parents did not attend my wedding too, so I just mentioned the reason.

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
I would attach letters from parents from both sides. They can explain the reason why they were not able to attend the wedding and they approve your marriage. When my mom wrote letter, she described how she met my husband, how my relation with my husband developed and how much she supports and loves both of us.
Something like letters of support. Good luck to u!

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
[QUOTE = "lion.com, post: 8212680, member: 893274"] Я бы приложил письма от родителей с обеих сторон. Они могут объяснить причину, по которой они не смогли посетить свадьбу, и они одобряют ваш брак. Когда моя мама написала письмо, она рассказала, как она познакомилась с моим мужем, как развивались мои отношения с мужем и насколько она поддерживает и любит нас обоих.
Что-то вроде писем поддержки. Удачи тебе! [/ QUOTE]
Я также сделал такие письма от моих родителей и его

aqib727

Oct 3, 2019
Hi Guys,

So i've applied for my Wife's PR. She's a Pakistani Citizen currently residing in Turkey for her studies.

We got the medical request on Sept 27 and she went to get the medical done on Oct 2nd.

Now the X-Ray showed some abnormalities in her lungs, the doctor said she's fine and its nothing to worry about but they have to take 3 consecutive mucus tests and then have tests conducted on them, basically the results could take upto 6-8 WEEKS !

Will this delay the app ? Do they hold off processing the application until the medical is passed ? The app status shows they're reviewing background check and eligibility. Haven't got AOR 2 yet.

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Are you both adults? if yes, why on earth would you need "consent" from anybody to get married?!!!! Just state the reason why they could not attend. If they ask for more clarification then you can think what next to do.

FYI - My parents did not attend my wedding too, so I just mentioned the reason.
thanks