11-01-2020
File Transfer...
30-01-2020
Med's Request
27-01-2020
Med's Done....
02-02-2020
Hello Everyone

I am in a huge dilemma here and time is of utmost importance currently, so looking for feedback/help from you guys. So I am getting married in November 2019 and plan to apply for outland spousal PR application from India for her in December 2019. There are two scenarios currently where we have worries:

1) She is currently applying to Canadian Universities for her masters for Fall 2020 which starts in September 2020, so possibly she will be applying for study permits early next year while her PR application will be in progress. Will application for student permit be a conflict with the PR progress? Should I wait to apply for spousal PR until she gets her study permit? What are the chances of getting the study permit being rejected in this case?

2) She is also planning to visit me in Toronto during Christmas New Year holiday this December. Is there any issue applying for TRV while her PR application is in progress? or should she apply for TRV and get it approved before marriage as a single person?

I would really appreciate any help with these scenarios. Looking forward for your advice.

Regards
Anuj Choudhari

ancrag

May 26, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Initially I came to Canada in 2015 on Study Permit. I am currently working in Canada and I have a valid work permit till May 2020. My wife recently moved to Canada and she has a PR. I am planning to apply for inland spousal sponsorship asap. I have prepared all the necessary documents. I just wanted to know should I apply for OWP along with my spousal sponsorship application or not (as my work permit is valid till May 2020, can I apply for it at a later stage during the visa process).

I had called the cic helpline to ask the same thing. They advised me not to apply for OWP now and they told me to apply for OWP in Feb 2020.

Please advise me what is the best possible way as I need to submit my application soon. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Anch

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you do not apply for an OWP along with a inland spousal sponsorship, you cannot apply for it until you receive approval in principle, which is nearly the end of the process.

If you applied in February 2020, there's no promise you'd get it before your current permit expires.

ancrag

May 26, 2019
If you do not apply for an OWP along with a inland spousal sponsorship, you cannot apply for it until you receive approval in principle, which is nearly the end of the process.

If you applied in February 2020, there's no promise you'd get it before your current permit expires.
The CIC customer care executive said that if you apply for OWP now there are chances that your OWP application will be rejected because you still have time untill May 2020. Ideally you should apply only 3 months before expiry date. Is it true? Please advise.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The CIC customer care executive said that if you apply for OWP now there are chances that your OWP application will be rejected because you still have time untill May 2020. Ideally you should apply only 3 months before expiry date. Is it true? Please advise.
Like I said, if you are applying for an OWP with an inland spousal sponsorship, there are only two times you can apply : with the application, or after approval in principle. If you apply for sponsorship in November 2019 and AIP doesn't come until August 2020, and it takes months to process, you're well past your May end date.

Additionally , having an OWP now is not ground for denying an OWP from a spousal sponsorship.

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum and I’m here because my partner and I are about to go through the common-law sponsorship route.
I am currently on a PGWP, he and I have been living together for almost 2 years (we have all the documentation to prove this) & got engaged this year to be married next year.
I’m here to ask if anyone has any experience or would suggest waiting till we get married for him to sponsor me or we can go ahead now.
Thank you!
Hi! Can anyone who might be able to help pleaseeeeee respond :(

ancrag

May 26, 2019
Additionally , having an OWP now is not ground for denying an OWP from a spousal sponsorship.
I get this. But the rep says if you apply too early then it can be rejected since you should be applying 3-4 months in advance. In your experience has there been a case when OWP is rejected because it was applied too early before the current one expires?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I get this. But the rep says if you apply too early then it can be rejected since you should be applying 3-4 months in advance. In your experience has there been a case when OWP is rejected because it was applied too early before the current one expires?
I have never heard of this in regards to spousal OWPs.

The reps are very rarely good advisers, FYI.

SamAqeel

Dec 20, 2018
How can I send some photos (jpg) and multiple conversations PDF files to CIC. Is it possible to send all in Winrar File mode?

Tanvi T

Oct 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

Need a little help here, my fiancé holds a PR, I have a couple of questions here:

1. What are the steps we need to take for him to sponsor me? In such a case, once I go as a dependent, how much time it usually takes for the work permit for me to come by.
2. Also between this and me applying independently which would be faster?

Please guide.