+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Like you said, landing deadline on medicals.

If your COPR expires sooner than you're ready, you can do a weekend trip to Canada to activate her PR and then leave, with plans to have a PR card forwarded if it's generated when she lands.

bidt04

Jan 10, 2019
Montreal
Visa Office......
Sydney
Doc's Request.
05-12-2018
AOR Received.
01-02-2019
Hello,
My sponsorship application was transfered to the Rabat consulate (Morocco) since May and they've been radio silence since then, no news what so ever. it gonna be 12 months in decembre since they received my application. Is it normal? please help I'm getting stressed out about this.

abhijeets13

Jul 10, 2015
Hi, I also have a similar case and a little confused. My Spouse and I got married in September this year and she also have visitor visa for Canada. This is what my lawyer is suggesting to do - let me know if this possible at all. He sounds very confident and is charging us a bomb.

My lawyer is suggesting to apply for her Spousal PR as Outland Candidate at first - right now. She will be traveling to Canada in December 2019 and once she does, my lawyer suggest to apply for her OWP and Visitor Visa extension then. However, I am not finding any relevant information that says this can or can not be done.

Can you guys help me get out of this situation as this is causing lot of stress for both of us.

thanks for helping out always!

If you want her to get a OWP you have to apply Inland. There's no OWP option when you apply Outland. When you submit the PR application PLUS the OWP application, I believe she will be on implied status once her visitor visa expires. But it's a good idea to apply for an extension as a visitor in case your application gets returned to you for any reason. If the OWP comes through beforehand then I believe you can cancel the visitor extension and get refunded.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi, I also have a similar case and a little confused. My Spouse and I got married in September this year and she also have visitor visa for Canada. This is what my lawyer is suggesting to do - let me know if this possible at all. He sounds very confident and is charging us a bomb.

My lawyer is suggesting to apply for her Spousal PR as Outland Candidate at first - right now. She will be traveling to Canada in December 2019 and once she does, my lawyer suggest to apply for her OWP and Visitor Visa extension then. However, I am not finding any relevant information that says this can or can not be done.

Can you guys help me get out of this situation as this is causing lot of stress for both of us.

You cannot do this. OWP is only available if you apply inland.

abhijeets13

Jul 10, 2015
I am asking him the same question since day 1; I have the feeling he is tricking us into it to make more money.; Like we are paying him less now. Thanks for your help man!

Then I would ask him how exactly your wife would be eligible for an OWP. Since she has to have applied inland.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Fire the lawyer. That is completely wrong.

She would have to come to Canada first and then apply inland to qualify for an OWP.

Jun 22, 2015
Hi I'm from Philippines...
My partner sponsored me common law...I did my medical and biometric July 26, 2019 and submitted August 6, 2019. I keep on updating my application in ecas but it only says Medical Results have been received and it's almost 2months now since my medical result have been submitted... My question is how long they gonna email me for my PPR? Thank you!
Hi
I live in Canada. Sposered my wofe she did medical and biometrics on 18 Jul 2019. Still no update so far. We are in same boat.

Jun 22, 2015
I am living in Afghanistan my applicatiion was processed from canada
On my side everything was submitted whatever they have asked for. The last thinh which was emailed to me was pre arrival letter on 20th june and biometric on 19 june 2019.
I have done my biometric from VAC office Islamabad after that no response from the canadian immigration.
For more details i have submitted my aplication on 2/8/2018
AOR 27/11/2018
Medical 28/11/2018
File transfer to london visa office 4 Jan 2019

File
Your sponsor should go to MP office and ask them to send letter to IRCC. Yout file is very late. Thanks

bidt04

Jan 10, 2019
Montreal
Visa Office......
Sydney
Doc's Request.
05-12-2018
AOR Received.
01-02-2019
Hello,
My sponsorship application was transfered to the Rabat consulate (Morocco) since May and they've been radio silence since then, no news what so ever. it gonna be 12 months in decembre since they received my application. Is it normal? please help I'm getting stressed out about this.
Anyone? help please