+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

i_sanjana

Sep 14, 2016
I know ielts is not necessary for spousal sponsorship. My husband had given ielts earlier this year as we thought he will apply through express entry. So while filling his sponsorship application what should be the answer to this question "Have you taken any test from designated agency to assess your English or French?" If we answer yes, should we attach the scores? Or should we answer no?

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
I know ielts is not necessary for spousal sponsorship. My husband had given ielts earlier this year as we thought he will apply through express entry. So while filling his sponsorship application what should be the answer to this question "Have you taken any test from designated agency to assess your English or French?" If we answer yes, should we attach the scores? Or should we answer no?
You should answer 'yes' but no need to attached the scores as it is not a required doc. This does not affect spousal application.

Reactions: i_sanjana

Tas2019

Jul 26, 2019
Hello, I had applied for my spouse visa in November 2018. His medical is done in May 2019. After medical results have been received by CIC, there is no other corespondents. It has been almost 5 months, total almost 8 months. Can anybody tell what should I do? Should I worry about anything at this point? Everybody says after medical there is nothing left. Then why it is delayed? If they need any other documentations they should have asked, right?

evelyn.zerna

Sep 17, 2019
GOOD DAY!

I am applying for Permanent Resident last June 2019 and I just received a letter from the IRCC asking me to submit my police certificate from where i live for 6 months and more. I've been working for 14 years in Kuwait and last year 2018 in August ,I returned in the Philippines for good to get married with my 2 years Canadian boyfriend now my husband. Is there an online application to get my police certificate? Because i can't go back to Kuwait and my friends there are busy with their work as the option to get my certificate? Thanks and please reply.

yoge

Feb 11, 2017
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
colombo
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017 app return 21-02-2017 resubmit 29-03-2017 citizenship app filled online 2023-Apr-10
Doc's Request.
Sch a and pcc uploaded via gc key 17/05/2007
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
File Transfer...
29-05-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017 Re-medical Request 30-Jul-2019
Med's Done....
20-09-2017 Re-Medical Done 05th-Aug-2019
Interview........
13-03-2018 Ecas in process 05/26/2017 Aor2 05/29/2017 Ecas Changed To DM 31-Mar-2018
Passport Req..
Application Refused 2018-04-11 appeal file 2018-apr-20 Iad Confirmation May-09-2018 full hearing 23 rd may 2019 @edmonton Appel Won 14-june-2019 Additional Document Request 30-Jul-2019 doc send 13-Aug-2019 Bio metric req 13-aug-2019 Bio Completed 15-aug-2019 PPR 01-Nov-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-11-2019
GOOD DAY!

I am applying for Permanent Resident last June 2019 and I just received a letter from the IRCC asking me to submit my police certificate from where i live for 6 months and more. I've been working for 14 years in Kuwait and last year 2018 in August ,I returned in the Philippines for good to get married with my 2 years Canadian boyfriend now my husband. Is there an online application to get my police certificate? Because i can't go back to Kuwait and my friends there are busy with their work as the option to get my certificate? Thanks and please reply.
If you live outside of Kuwait:
You can:

1. Return to Kuwait and apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Kuwait, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).
  2. Apply at your nearest Kuwaiti Embassy or consulate.
You or your representative must bring:

• The letter from the Embassy of Canada requesting the Good Conduct Certificate
  • A copy of the passport you used in Kuwait
  • A copy of your old or expired resident visa in Kuwait
  • Two photographs (4 × 6 cm)
  • Applicable fees

dayanaraquin18

Sep 3, 2019
Colombia
Visa Office......
VO Bogotá
Hello! A question about medical exams. I am being sponsored by my wife and in a few weeks I will have a medical exam. I am a very healthy person, I read that inadmissibility is due to diseases such as syphilis and TB, but I have a doubt, they do a general review and I have an injury in my left arm, the injury is in the shoulder and it is something due to a problem In labor, I received therapy and rehabilitation for 12 years and recovered 98% of my arm's mobility. But I still have a slight deformity that prevents me from making certain movements but nothing serious, I have worked normal and my arm has never prevented me from anything, could they refuse my medical examination for this injury?

inlandsp2018

May 1, 2019
Hello! A question about medical exams. I am being sponsored by my wife and in a few weeks I will have a medical exam. I am a very healthy person, I read that inadmissibility is due to diseases such as syphilis and TB, but I have a doubt, they do a general review and I have an injury in my left arm, the injury is in the shoulder and it is something due to a problem In labor, I received therapy and rehabilitation for 12 years and recovered 98% of my arm's mobility. But I still have a slight deformity that prevents me from making certain movements but nothing serious, I have worked normal and my arm has never prevented me from anything, could they refuse my medical examination for this injury?
Spousal sponsorship is exempted from excessive demand for health or metal related. So this would not make you inadmissibility. check https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf Section 5.32 Page 33.
You have nothing to worry.

inlandsp2018

May 1, 2019
Hello, I had applied for my spouse visa in November 2018. His medical is done in May 2019. After medical results have been received by CIC, there is no other corespondents. It has been almost 5 months, total almost 8 months. Can anybody tell what should I do? Should I worry about anything at this point? Everybody says after medical there is nothing left. Then why it is delayed? If they need any other documentations they should have asked, right?
I would not worry, you would see some moment in the last few month like 10th or 11th month. If you don't get any request it seems everything is ok with your application. If you don't see any moment after 12th month then i would request for GCMS note, this would tell you whats happening with your application and sometime tiggers the officer working on your application to start working on it.

dayanaraquin18

Sep 3, 2019
Colombia
Visa Office......
VO Bogotá
Spousal sponsorship is exempted from excessive demand for health or metal related. So this would not make you inadmissibility. check https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf Section 5.32 Page 33.
You have nothing to worry.
Thank you. And it doesn't matter if I have a slight limitation in the movement of that arm? In Canada, will that be a problem for me to get a job? I am extremely scared that my PR is rejected for that injury that I have since I was born :(

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Hello! A question about medical exams. I am being sponsored by my wife and
Your pr will not be rejected because of your injury. Read think link.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/medical-inadmissibility.html

Medical inadmissibility rules for excessive demand reasons don't apply to:

Reactions: dayanaraquin18

hbenu

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
GOOD DAY!

I have the same issue with my husband..im in canada and he just returned to Philippines last year. I think u should go online and look for an agency who could help you or speak with a consultant who could draft a letter explaining your situation and why you should be exempted to do so. Im going to do the same thing, but the good thing about his situation is that being an indian there are agency in india who could apply for ur police clearance.

pxlxyp

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi there,

I just wanted to confirm something:

My spouse and I are Singaporeans currently in Vancouver planning to apply for inland sponsorship. I am a Canadian PR. My husband has an eTA but I wanted to check if he is allowed to stay here and apply for an OWP during the application process? I'm concerned because I know Singaporeans can stay for 90 days but not sure if he is allowed to stay after that while the PR is being processed.

Thank you

Krishna008

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hello

I moved to Vancouver in May this year on PR. I recently got married and my wife lives in US. I want to apply PR for her. But I am planning to go to US and stay there for few months or more while working remotely for Canadian company. So what is the best way of applying for her PR. Is it ok if I move to US soon after applying her PR? Would there be any complications if I sponsor and mostly stay out of Canada. Please advise.

Thank you,
Krishna.