canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello

I moved to Vancouver in May this year on PR. I recently got married and my wife lives in US. I want to apply PR for her. But I am planning to go to US and stay there for few months or more while working remotely for Canadian company. So what is the best way of applying for her PR. Is it ok if I move to US soon after applying her PR? Would there be any complications if I sponsor and mostly stay out of Canada. Please advise.

Thank you,
Krishna.
As a PR, you are required to be in Canada throughout the entire sponsorship period. If you go to the US while the app is in process, expect a refusal and to be told to reapply when you return and stay in Canada.

Mokrbi

Sep 17, 2019
I have been applied for sponsorships spouse outside canada from jordan middel east . In 15th July up to this date it's 70 day's and I didn't receive a knowledgment of reciet so iam worried about it can any one give clear answer

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have been applied for sponsorships spouse outside canada from jordan middel east . In 15th July up to this date it's 70 day's and I didn't receive a knowledgment of reciet so iam worried about it can any one give clear answer
It can take months.

matthew1986

Jan 27, 2018
Hi,
I sent my application in august 12th and up until now I haven't gotten any emails yet,is it normal,please I need a response as am worried thanks.

kmandhar

Jun 3, 2019
Hello, I was wondering what does it mean if your file gets moved from one CIC branch to another. My file was in background check but now it got moved to a CIC branch in my local city from Missisauga. Does that mean something is wrong?

Anthonymarshall

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
TURKEY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27-06-2019
Doc's Request.
18-07-2019
AOR Received.
14/09/2019
File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview
Hi,
I sent my application in august 12th and up until now I haven't gotten any emails yet,is it normal,please I need a response as am worried thanks.
It's normal, differs case to case.
It generally takes between 45_60 days. Be patient and hope for the bests to come soon.

Infrared

Dec 22, 2014
My friend applied for PR sponsorship under the common law route but the application got returned because of a missing form and in the meantime, she got married. She initially applied with a valid work permit. The permit is now expired but she is still in the 90-day restoration period. The issue is that she needs to apply ASAP under the spouse route but she doesn’t have a marriage certificate yet because the marriage was recent. The marriage certificate is a requirement - what can she do to make sure the application doesn’t come back again?
Explanation letter would be enough?
Any way to expedite the certificate?

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My friend applied for PR sponsorship under the common law route but the application got returned because of a missing form and in the meantime, she got married. She initially applied with a valid work permit. The permit is now expired but she is still in the 90-day restoration period. The issue is that she needs to apply ASAP under the spouse route but she doesn’t have a marriage certificate yet because the marriage was recent. The marriage certificate is a requirement - what can she do to make sure the application doesn’t come back again?

Thanks.
She can apply for common law again or wait for the marriage certificate. You can often pay for expedited processing. She needs to restore her status to visitor so she qualifies to get a work permit in around 4 months.

Infrared

Dec 22, 2014
She can apply for common law again or wait for the marriage certificate. You can often pay for expedited processing. She needs to restore her status to visitor so she qualifies to get a work permit in around 4 months.
she was told she can not apply for common law since she is legally married already...

canuckinla

Jun 25, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-07-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Request
02-10-2019
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2019
LANDED..........
17-12-2019
Any sponsors here who were residing outside Canada when you submitted the sponsorship application? How long did it take you to get SA and for your spouse to get biometric and medical requests after AOR?

It’s been over two weeks since AOR and I’m wondering if the delay is normal.

Thanks

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thanks.
She cannot apply without the marriage certificate and she cannot apply as common-law. She will need to try to get the marriage certificate expedited or wait. If she applies without it, the app will be returned again.

MrsSMS

Oct 17, 2018
Hello all, could someone please shed some guidance: I want to request a second opinion from this forum as I have spoken to my immigration consultant but I guess he said ‘it isn’t possible...’

I am currently in Canada awaiting a decision on my inland PR application as the spouse of a canadian (applied 23rd May 2019). My AOP followed by my OWP has come through last week (Sept 2019).

I was working as a registered laboratory technologist in my home country - UK and want to work in the same profession in Canada. To do so I am required to undergo an assessment of work exp and education documentation to have my professional equivalency determined to canadian standards. This initial assessment does not involve any exams; but only requires me to send my existing documents (certificates, training records to the organization to be assessed). If it is determined that I need to do refresher course(s) to gain equivalence, I’d have a two year window only to complete a designated learning plan and sit the competency exam. So I am looking at possibly being given a LP in December 2019 valid till December 2021. (courses would need to be completed in two years).

I am in two minds about doing the assessment and need help deciding because:
a) it is quite costly, although I have brought along all my paperwork with me - a time consuming process in itself - and required experience letters
b) if I need to take refresher courses, can I legally do so given my situation?
c)Does IRCC allow enrolment into courses as an international student whilst being an inland PR applicant and holding an OWP? Can all three things be done at the same time? i.e work and study and wait on a PR decision?

most of the refresher courses are via online learning (i.e. no formal classes) but they vary in duration, some <6 months some greater. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Afifi

Sep 22, 2019
Hi everyone
I’m starting my spouse sponsorship application for outland and there is a question for me as a principal applicant if I got rejected to enter any country before and this actually happened as I got rejected by Switzerland schengen visa in 2015 .

Q: should I mention that in my answer and if they would know someway about it could affect my application?