+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Question.. I.have a lawyer doing our application for us. I only have access to ecas. Does it show on GCKEY about medicals passed, background check started or completed etc?

imjeolmi

Nov 25, 2018
Hello fellow spousal sponsorship applicants past and present!

My husband and I are being asked for more documents as proof of relationship. We have passed the medical exam stage and received this letter two days ago (below). We are not sure what exactly they are looking for because we have submitted joint account, bills, letters from friends and family, photos, and fulfilled the document checklist requirements. Any advice?

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class. In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office: : > Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member. Please provide additional evidence of relationship/cohabitation that could be used to confirm whether a sponsored spouse or partner is cohabiting with their sponsor. These may include: Joint bank accounts or credit cards indicating both you and your sponsor's names, Jointly signed ownership of residential property, Jointly signed residential leases, Jointly signed mortgage or purchase agreement, insurance and/or beneficiary forms, Joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone), Important documents of both parties showing the same address (i.e identification documents, driver’s licenses, and insurance policies). Please also provide other supporting documentation (if applicable) which may be considered such as outing photos, marriage ceremony photos, receipts/bills from your marriage ceremony, photos with friends and family, E-mails, phone bills, letters showing common residential address, etc. Please do not send any electronic media items, such as CDs, DVDs, or VHS tapes. This must be received at this office by: 2019/09/22 All requested documents/information and a copy of this correspondence must be submitted within the timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available. No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that we have which may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted."

Prabhjotmona

Mar 26, 2018
Question.. I.have a lawyer doing our application for us. I only have access to ecas. Does it show on GCKEY about medicals passed, background check started or completed etc?
You can only see what's its on ecas.. your lawyer get all the update .. but mind you keep an eye on the lawyer. Call them every month. And ya the automated system is down

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Hello Experts!!

I have prepared an explanation letter for the PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS LETTER i received last week and would be attaching supporting documents as explained in this letter... ANYONE who has some time to PROOF READ/SUGGEST POINTERS/ any help is MUCH APPRECIATED...

Thank you in advance...

"""""""Dear Officer DJ

I am writing today as a response for explanation request required as per letter from IRCC dated August 20th 2019 regarding concerns for my application of Permanent Residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class.

Please find below the explanation and supporting documents and hope this will satisfy the sufficient evidence requested and will prove the cohabitation at the time IRCC seeks to grant permanent residence.

Since the filing of our application dated March 5th 2019, while i have been cohabitating with my husband (sponsor) at the address________________________________________, i have also travelled Toronto to Vancouver only Once(tickets attached) – on April 22nd 2019 for Work/Employment purposes. While the separation was temporary and short, i came back to Toronto on May 17th 2019(tickets attached).

My husband (sponsor) and I (principal applicant) left Toronto via own vehicle on May 26th 2019 as he took an internal transfer from his work in order for us to live together. We reached Vancouver on June 2nd 2019 and both I (Principal Applicant) and my husband (sponsor) stayed with a friend temporarily. From July 1st 2019 we signed a lease for our new place at ___________________________________ . We totally intend to reside together permanently and hope this will satisfy the requirement of cohabiting at the time when IRCC is ready to grant the permanent residence.

Please find attached the documents with following heads which will support my request:

1. Joint Bank account (This document shows our address in Toronto till June 2019 and Surrey since July 2019).

2. Lease Document (This document proves the current address in Surrey signed by our land lords with their details; it also contains the current utility bill which proves authenticity of our land lord. Also this document contains a copy from Del property Management confirming our lease in Toronto till June 2019. Lastly this document also has a copy from our Movers Company shipping items from Toronto- Vancouver on May 25th 2019).

3. Principal Applicant Mobile Bill- Virgin (This cell phone bill addressed to my husband in Toronto until June 2019 and then Surrey address since July 2019) This phone number is being used by me.

4. Principal Applicant Visa Credit Card (This document shows official Visa credit Card statement addressed to Toronto Address till June 2019 and Surrey address since July 2019 in my name (sole owner).

5. Sponsor Amex Credit Card (This document shows the American Express Credit Card bill addressed to my husband in Toronto address till June 2019 and Surrey address since July 2019. I am also the supplementary card holder on this account and the statement also shows shared expenses carried on my card).

6. Sponsor Mobile Bill- TELUS (This cell phone bill addressed to my husband in Toronto until June 2019 and then Surrey address since July 2019). This phone number is being used by my husband.

7. Sponsor Visa Credit Card (This document shows the Visa Credit Card bill addressed to my husband in Toronto address till June 2019 and Surrey address since July 2019. I am also the supplementary card holder on this account and the statement also shows shared expenses carried on my card).

8. Surrey- Employer Provided Insurance (This document from Manulife Insurance confirms the details of Insurance coverage (spouse added) provided by my husband’s employer and shows our Surrey address)

9. Surrey- Home Internet TELUS (This document confirms our Home internet services at Surrey location)

10. Notice of Assessments (This document shows Notice of Assessments of 2018 for myself and my husband showing our Toronto Address)

11. Vehicle Insurance and Sponsor’s Drivers Licence (This document confirms our vehicle registered in Ontario with our Toronto Address until June 2019 and with the respective auto insurance. This document also confirms the vehicle being registered in British Columbia as a permanent move with our Surrey Address. My husband also changed his Driver’s Licence in British Columbia and was issued to him at our home address.

12. BC ID and Health Card (This document proves me and my husband’s British Columbia Identification and the BC services card addressed to our Home in Surrey. This document also consists of copy of invoice from British Columbia Revenue Services for our Medical Services Plan (MSP) premiums.)

13. Principal Applicant Visa Mail Toronto (This document shows a copy of mails addressed to me in Toronto)

14. Principal Applicant YYZ-YVR (April 22nd) – (This document shows the e-ticket from Toronto – Vancouver (one way) when i went for my project.

15. Principal Applicant YVR- YYZ (May 17th) - (This document shows the e-ticket from Vancouver – Toronto (one way) where i came back.

Once again, i thank you for the consideration and hope these supporting documents satisfy you for proceeding with my application.

If you have concerns or require additional information please feel to contact me.

I look forward to a positive outcome of this letter.

Sincerely,

(Principal Applicant)""""""""""""""""""""

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Hello fellow spousal sponsorship applicants past and present!

My husband and I are being asked for more documents as proof of relationship. We have passed the medical exam stage and received this letter two days ago (below). We are not sure what exactly they are looking for because we have submitted joint account, bills, letters from friends and family, photos, and fulfilled the document checklist requirements. Any advice?

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class. In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office: : > Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member. Please provide additional evidence of relationship/cohabitation that could be used to confirm whether a sponsored spouse or partner is cohabiting with their sponsor. These may include: Joint bank accounts or credit cards indicating both you and your sponsor's names, Jointly signed ownership of residential property, Jointly signed residential leases, Jointly signed mortgage or purchase agreement, insurance and/or beneficiary forms, Joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone), Important documents of both parties showing the same address (i.e identification documents, driver’s licenses, and insurance policies). Please also provide other supporting documentation (if applicable) which may be considered such as outing photos, marriage ceremony photos, receipts/bills from your marriage ceremony, photos with friends and family, E-mails, phone bills, letters showing common residential address, etc. Please do not send any electronic media items, such as CDs, DVDs, or VHS tapes. This must be received at this office by: 2019/09/22 All requested documents/information and a copy of this correspondence must be submitted within the timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available. No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that we have which may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted."
Probably they want more proof, how many letters and bills you submitted?!

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
[UPDATE]

Hi Everyone,

I'm from the Philippines and my husband is a Permanent Resident in Canada. Here's our timeline as of the moment:

June 10 - Submitted Spouse Sponsorship application via Canadapost
June 13 - IRCC received the application (tracked via Canapost & with signature)
August 1 - My husband received an email from IRCC that they received our application last June 13 (has application # & UCI)
-Checked CAS tool - IN PROCESS for both Sponsorship & PR Application Status​
August 9 - I received Biometrics Instruction Letter thru email from IRCC
- Checked CAS tool - DECISION MADE for Sponsorship & IN PROCESS for PR Application Status​
August 12 - IRCC emailed my husband that he was eligible to sponsor
August 12 - IRCC emailed me the Medical Examination Instruction
August 13 - Biometrics Done!
August 16 - Medical Exam Done! (IOM Manila Health Center Makati)

As of now, we're waiting for IRCC to receive the medical results. I believe if they receive this, CAS tool will change the status in Permanent Residency to DECISION MADE.

We're expecting an email from IRCC around August 27 or 29 that they received the medical results.

After 1 month, we're expecting that they will email us for the Visa Stamping instruction.
[UPDATE]

August 25 -
As per checking the CAS tool Medical Results have been received and GCkey Account, You passed the medical exam.

Waiting game again for the next step and Final Decision.

Reactions: lccliff

Nani999

Aug 26, 2019
Hello all,
I have applied for spouse visa on July 25 but didn’t receive any update regarding the process.
Can any one please help me with the timeline like how long for file number, medicals ....
Thank you

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
Hello all,
I have applied for spouse visa on July 25 but didn’t receive any update regarding the process.
Can any one please help me with the timeline like how long for file number, medicals ....
Thank you
You can check our timeline for your reference:

June 10
- Submitted Spouse Sponsorship application via Canadapost
June 13 - IRCC received the application (tracked via Canapost & with signature)
August 1 - My husband received an email from IRCC that they received our application last June 13 (has application # & UCI)
-Checked CAS tool - IN PROCESS for both Sponsorship & PR Application Status
August 9 - I received Biometrics Instruction Letter thru email from IRCC
- Checked CAS tool - DECISION MADE for Sponsorship & IN PROCESS for PR Application Status
August 12 - IRCC emailed my husband that he was eligible to sponsor
August 12 - IRCC emailed me the Medical Examination Instruction
August 13 - Biometrics Done!
August 16 - Medical Exam Done! (IOM Manila Health Center Makati)
August 25 - Medical Results have been received by IRCC and passed the medical exam.

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
Hello all,
Thank you
the AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) takes anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks, these days it's taking somewhere around 50 to 60 days. this will then be followed by Sponsorship Approval. Biometrics and Medical can be requested anytime during the course of application, you can see the trends in the tracker but no confirmed timeline for same.

Reactions: Nani999

abukaa

Aug 26, 2019
Hello,

Does anyone know if the CIC will send my lawyer a letter when PA decision is made or an email? Decision was made 08/20/2019 and my lawyer says they didn't receive anything.

Here is my timeline.

1. We received XXXX's application for permanent residence on July 19, 2018.
  2. We started processing XXXX's application on December 20, 2018.
  3. We sent XXXX'smedical instructions on October 2, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent XXXX a letter on November 27, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent XXXXX correspondence on August 20, 2019 about the decision on their application.

Thanks

sufiyan1991

Aug 27, 2019
My file transfer to delhi visa office on 5th june 2019 and till now no responce for the passport for stamping and estimation time show 9 weeks what does it means can anyone help me out pls

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
My file transfer to delhi visa office on 5th june 2019 and till now no responce for the passport for stamping and estimation time show 9 weeks what does it means can anyone help me out pls
What exactly do you need help with? Sounds like you should expect to hear from them some time within 9 weeks. Since this is an estimation, could be longer. If nothing after 9 weeks, you can contact them to find out what's going on.

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Hi everyone,

Does it matter if the application is mailed to CIC from the sponsor or applicant?
Thanks,

Jim
Not at all. Just get it in the mail :)