+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

soulbrother123

May 21, 2019
My girl friend is in Canada,I was once married in the US. I abandoned the marriage and came back to my home country, I have been seperated from my wife for 5 years and I can’t get divorce in my home country because judge said my marriage was in the US hence it’s impossible to get a divorce here.While I was here I met a girl from Canada and we started talking and dating she visited me twice here in my home country but could only stay for 90 days. I recently tried to get a visa to visit her in Canada and I was denied.Just regular ineligibility. I want to know if I can qualify for conjugal sponsorship.Thank You

Prabhjotmona

Mar 26, 2018
Hello,

Does anyone know if the CIC will send my lawyer a letter when PA decision is made or an email? Decision was made 08/20/2019 and my lawyer says they didn't receive anything.

Here is my timeline.

1. We received XXXX's application for permanent residence on July 19, 2018.
  2. We started processing XXXX's application on December 20, 2018.
  3. We sent XXXX'smedical instructions on October 2, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent XXXX a letter on November 27, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent XXXXX correspondence on August 20, 2019 about the decision on their application.

Thanks
They do get the correspondence first from ircc... tell them to check again coz somethimes they dont check emails at all ..

Reactions: lccliff

Prabhjotmona

Mar 26, 2018
My girl friend is in Canada,I was once married in the US. I abandoned the marriage and came back to my home country, I have been seperated from my wife for 5 years and I can’t get divorce in my home country because judge said my marriage was in the US hence it’s impossible to get a divorce here.While I was here I met a girl from Canada and we started talking and dating she visited me twice here in my home country but could only stay for 90 days. I recently tried to get a visa to visit her in Canada and I was denied.Just regular ineligibility. I want to know if I can qualify for conjugal sponsorship.Thank You
For conjugal i believe you have to stay together for a year and i guess you are still married.

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Not qualifying for a visa won't qualify you for conjugal. What exactly are the "regular" reasons for being denied a visitor visa? It's not something you could overcome? Conjugal MIGHT apply if you can't divorce but it seems odd that your wife wouldn't take care of that since you've been apart 5 years. Why not get that taken care of? It's different in some countries where divorce is not an option but in the States it is. Your case sounds very tricky...if you're serious about it, I'd recommend seeing an immigration lawyer.

Last edited:

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
After reading through the other threads that you've been on, I have to tell you, you have massive red flags showing up. Your application with a woman you don't know very well, next to those of people who are married, with children, have lived together for years, with deep financial and familial ties, just won't get approved. Especially since you have already tried marriage in North America and been accused of misrepresentation plus an abandoned refugee claim in the States. The system is set up to reunite families, not people trying out relationships.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello,

Does anyone know if the CIC will send my lawyer a letter when PA decision is made or an email? Decision was made 08/20/2019 and my lawyer says they didn't receive anything.

Here is my timeline.

1. We received XXXX's application for permanent residence on July 19, 2018.
  2. We started processing XXXX's application on December 20, 2018.
  3. We sent XXXX'smedical instructions on October 2, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent XXXX a letter on November 27, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent XXXXX correspondence on August 20, 2019 about the decision on their application.

Thanks
If it is India, no guarantee of the Postal Deptt. , One lady had an interview and she never got that letter [she was suspecting some 1 bribed P.man] However thanks to new technology her sponsor got the email. In this case Sponsor must be informed by email if letter to the PA is lost. I am sure final letter is sent to PA but again e-mail always sent by VO. I can see delays in the postal delivery may take week to 10 days

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
My file transfer to delhi visa office on 5th june 2019 and till now no responce for the passport for stamping and estimation time show 9 weeks what does it means can anyone help me out pls
NDVO as we all know deals tons of applications incl; Students. Also few other countries like Nepal and Bhutan are also linked to New Delhi. You can relax and they did not forget you :) U will be contacted soon in weeks not months :)

seeweedqueen

Aug 28, 2019
I am planning on applying for inland spousal sponsorship with my boyfriend in September. He is currently on a work permit and we were wondering if once he gets his PR next year if he would be able to go to University here, and apply for loans as I would.

Thank you

sufiyan1991

Aug 27, 2019
What exactly do you need help with? Sounds like you should expect to hear from them some time within 9 weeks. Since this is an estimation, could be longer. If nothing after 9 weeks, you can contact them to find out what's going on.
Actually everything gone smoothly till now only waiting for the passport request is taking time thts why im confused and now its showing 59 days reamining

Reactions: lccliff

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Actually everything gone smoothly till now only waiting for the passport request is taking time thts why im confused and now its showing 59 days reamining
Would you share your timeline please?

tgram

Aug 28, 2019
i passed my medical on 4th of august. as spouse. how long will it take to call me for an interview or for my passport?

Tojued

Feb 28, 2018
Hello all, my friend was sponsored by his wife and just got his passport request, he's been asked to take his passport to a VAC.

Thing is, he's in Canada visiting his husband at the moment, he's in Toronto and there's no VAC in Canada.

Can anyone please advice on what to do? Thank you in advance.

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
i passed my medical on 4th of august. as spouse. how long will it take to call me for an interview or for my passport?
Total estimated time for whole process is 12 months, updates can come anytime
Hello all, my friend was sponsored by his wife and just got his passport request, he's been asked to take his passport to a VAC.

Thing is, he's in Canada visiting his husband at the moment, he's in Toronto and there's no VAC in Canada.

Can anyone please advice on what to do? Thank you in advance.
There is an option of sending passport to Ottawa. Ask your friend to read through the whole letter as there will be a section "Submitting your passport in Canada (CPC-O)"

Tojued

Feb 28, 2018
There is an option of sending passport to Ottawa. Ask your friend to read through the whole letter as there will be a section "Submitting your passport in Canada (CPC-O)"
There was nothing like that in the letter. Thanks for your response.