+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

akbb1989

Jun 27, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone could help answer some of these questions! My wife and I got legally married in April 2019 after dating for couple of years. She is right now based out of US (Indian Citizen), has a TRV for Canada till 2024 and planning to move here end of August. We are planning to apply for her PR using the Inside Canada track and also apply for her OWP on the same application. Could you help me answer some of these questions?

1. Once we submit her application for PR + OWP, can she travel outside the country?

- While we waiting for her OWP: We have a family even in the US and would like to travel first week of September - Can we go for a week or so given she has a valid visitor visa?

- After OWP, waiting for PR: We have couple of family weddings to attend in December, and would like to travel back to India. Can we travel for a month? She will still have a valid visitor visa

2. Once she comes to Canada, and we submit her application - does she need to wait for her OWP before she starts working? Or she can start working given she will be in implied status?

Thanks.

KiteRunnerCA

Mar 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-01-2019
AOR Received.
2019-02-28
Hey guys, I wanted to share good news. I just checked my gckey account 5 minutes ago. My application got approved! Now I guess I need to wait for official email. It took 6 months only.
Application received: Jan 10th, 2019
Decision made: Jul 22nd, 2019.

Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • July 22, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Fingers crossed for all who are waiting.
Cheers!

Enxhi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hey guys, I wanted to share good news. I just checked my gckey account 5 minutes ago. My application got approved! Now I guess I need to wait for official email. It took 6 months only.
Application received: Jan 10th, 2019
Decision made: Jul 22nd, 2019.

Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • July 22, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Fingers crossed for all who are waiting.
Cheers!
Congratulations!

Amritanjali

Oct 22, 2018
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Yes
1.The application have to be mailed to Sydney, Nova Scotia .
2.No need to notarize unless it is a translation.
3.Follow the Outland spouse Visa application Document Check list as it is.
4. Make sure he add enough proof of his intend to come back and settle down in Canada.
Thank you. We sent our application on the 15th of July.

AVI1313

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2019
LANDED..........
16-09-2019
hi I've received COPR & VISA EE FSW Category, booked a flight for September 2019, my wife is non-accompanying in my application.
though she had undergone Police Clearance & Medical test. my question is..Can she accompany me on Visitor Visa & can we go Canada together.

eolofernes

Jul 23, 2019
Hi everyone,

I will be sponsoring my husband. I renewed my Philippine passport on my married name (not yet received might take one month so I still have my valid passport with maiden name) while my PR card still has my maiden's name. Also, last week I updated my OHIP with my married name.

*In the Philippines, we usually retain our maiden's last name as married middle name while here in Canada middle name stays the same.

Maiden's Given Name: A
Maiden's Middle Name: B
Maiden's Last Name: C
Husband's Last name: D

PH passport: ACD
PR card: ABC, still in my maiden name
OHIP: ABD

What name should I put in my application? Should I go with what's in PR card?
I actually called Immigration to ask, they told me to go with what's in my PR card and just provide a letter of explanation that my PR still has my maiden's name as I received it when I was still unmarried.

I just want to validate based on your experiences with Immigration.
Hope you could help me.

Thank you,
Emi

Mirk

Jul 16, 2019
Wondering if my husband and I can submit our application right after our daughter is born (she will be a Canadian citizen) and include the file number of her certificate of live birth, instead of waiting for the document to come in the mail (which could be 6-8 week) and sending in a copy of it as it will delay the submission of our application.
Thank-you

talukdar8

Apr 15, 2019
Hi Everyone.

I have applied for Family Class Sponsorship for my Husband who is in US on H1B Visa. I am a Permament Resident in Canada. We both are Indian Passport Holders. My paper application package reached at Nova Scotia Office on 4th July 2019. Along with the paper application i have submitted all Fees( Sponsorship, Visa, Bio metric, RPRF) and everything that is mentioned in Document Checklist.
Now, I want to understand the next steps and the approx duration for each. My Queries are :

1) Who receives the AOR - Sponsor or Principal Applicant? and When?
2)When do i get sponsorship approval?
3) When is the medical exam request sent?
4) When is the Biometric request sent?
5) when is the Passport Request?

Please add if i am missing any step here.

It would be great if anyone can advise me on this. Thanks in Advance!! :)

Reactions: Kaypull

Kaypull

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Hi Everyone.

I have applied for Family Class Sponsorship for my Husband who is in US on H1B Visa. I am a Permament Resident in Canada. We both are Indian Passport Holders. My paper application package reached at Nova Scotia Office on 4th July 2019. Along with the paper application i have submitted all Fees( Sponsorship, Visa, Bio metric, RPRF) and everything that is mentioned in Document Checklist.
Now, I want to understand the next steps and the approx duration for each. My Queries are :

1) Who receives the AOR - Sponsor or Principal Applicant? and When?
2)When do i get sponsorship approval?
3) When is the medical exam request sent?
4) When is the Biometric request sent?
5) when is the Passport Request?

Please add if i am missing any step here.

It would be great if anyone can advise me on this. Thanks in Advance!! :)
Relax and enjoy the process hunie ! No one can promise how fast cic process your application but approximately 6month - 12 month ..
Cic will send you letter of confirmation if all your documents provided are accurate!!

talukdar8

Apr 15, 2019
Relax and enjoy the process hunie ! No one can promise how fast cic process your application but approximately 6month - 12 month ..
Cic will send you letter of confirmation if all your documents provided are accurate!!

Thank you for the quick response. I have following the similar discussion on this forum and somewhat i got an idea that it takes say about 45-60 Days to get the first notification from CIC.. But I am not sure who gets the first notification, Sponsor or the Principal Applicant..

Any idea on this?

Kaypull

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Both the
Thank you for the quick response. I have following the similar discussion on this forum and somewhat i got an idea that it takes say about 45-60 Days to get the first notification from CIC.. But I am not sure who gets the first notification, Sponsor or the Principal Applicant..

Any idea on this?
Both the applicants an sponser get the letter of confirmation! All the best ... I’m also waiting been 10 month of waiting